X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    OMG, one of my friends on FB is going off the deep end. She posted this today in response to some lunatic website talking about the Vegas massacre:

I'm getting a little worried for her sanity.
    You need to be choosier with whom you call a "friend". There's no saving people who are in that deep.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Plenty of people attempted to pass laws, increase awareness by education, went out en-mass to protest, wrote their elected officials, etc. I am not sure what else they could do?

I think they have become so sophisticated in their ability to predict who will run and annihilate their character that even if someone was an angel they would look bad. I wasn't necessarily a fan of Hillary but if you fact checked what they were selling- from the time she was first lady- you would find that many of the things you believed about her would be wrong. You say something enough times and people begin to believe it is true. They have a whole algorithm that feeds on itself to spread what they want- start with the little blogs who quote each other until there are enough of them the bigger outlets quote it as fact. True for both sides. Many of the politician are real skanks but not all of them are horrible. A fair number of them start out wanting to make a difference except now, with the nutbags blackballing anyone who compromises, they can't
      Which is why Trumpy keeps talking about how everyone says he did such a great job with the hurricane relief, how so many people are saying its going so well. Might be true, might not be, but that's all his followers hear, and that's what they believe. Puerto Rico is a paradise, all because of Donnie.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        This is a great opportunity, too. I would be fascinated to go through her thinking and see where the strangeness starts. I assume she is still clear that 2 + 2 = 4. We all differ on normative judgments so that's not interesting. There is a spectrum of judgments and the ability to reason that runs from the simple and empirically obvious to the subtle and highly complex (analytic a priori to synthetic a posteriori, Kant would say) and we all fall somewhere on it.

A longitudinal study would be even better. Have these people always been subrational, and politics is just something that gets balled up in it, or does the constant repetition of irrational influences on the internet actually remove people's rationality? Does anybody remember, for example, Flag being more rational back in the day?

This is fascinating. You should, gently, study her.
        I don't think there is any doubt it does. I've observed in a few people I know that they buy certain lines of thinking way more than is normal. I think people looking at their phones all the time is probably messing up a lot of brains too.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Texas and Florida are both pretty brown, in case you've never visited either of them.
          Those parts aren't the real Texas and Florida. Trumpy don't care about them, either.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

In response to Scarlet's friend...seems a bit off the deep end to me. But, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy wasn't acting alone, and he had some other interest backing him. Do I think it is some government conspiracy like was suggested, **** no. It is just not out the realm of possibility that this guy was acting as an agent of some kind of nefarious group, some domestic terror group. Similar to the OKC bombing.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Apparently Trump is calling NBC fake news for reporting the Tillerson story where Tillerson called Trump a moron. Tillerson did not deny calling him a moron this morning, yet, somehow Trump went to Twitter to call NBC fake news and worse than CNN. You know CNN. The network he clotheslined in a video on Twitter.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2636487
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Which is why Trumpy keeps talking about how everyone says he did such a great job with the hurricane relief, how so many people are saying its going so well. Might be true, might not be, but that's all his followers hear, and that's what they believe. Puerto Rico is a paradise, all because of Donnie.
                Not only are they doing a great job but there is enough of everything and the Mayor of San Juan is a leftist Librul evil slug a bed. My nutbag rabidly right FB friends are posting like machine guns- share after share.
                Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                I don't think there is any doubt it does. I've observed in a few people I know that they buy certain lines of thinking way more than is normal. I think people looking at their phones all the time is probably messing up a lot of brains too.
                NPR had a really cool program on the latest research re advent of smart phones- way more depression than before- even when they tease out all the other possible variables. Being able to see just how stupid a large portion of the population is and all the twisted normalization of the sociopath can't be helping.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  In response to Scarlet's friend...seems a bit off the deep end to me. But, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy wasn't acting alone, and he had some other interest backing him. Do I think it is some government conspiracy like was suggested, **** no. It is just not out the realm of possibility that this guy was acting as an agent of some kind of nefarious group, some domestic terror group. Similar to the OKC bombing.
                  Someone responded with a post from Snopes that it was false and she responded "Nope. Not buying it." There is no hope......

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Someone responded with a post from Snopes that it was false and she responded "Nope. Not buying it." There is no hope......
                    You can't fight a conspiracy theorist. Kind of like trying to confront anti vaxers with facts. Same principle http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...peds.2013-2365

Comment

Conspiracy theorist is just this generation's term for a moron.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They're like addicts. You don't enable, and you cut them off.

Comment

Swing and a miss. http://www.politicususa.com/2017/10/...o-he-10th.html

Trump bragged to reporters that people of Puerto Rico appreciated him being there and that he was the first president in history to make such a visit when he was the tenth.

During a gaggle with reporters aboard Air Force One, Trump said, “I think it meant a lot to the people of Puerto Rico that I was there. They really responded very nicely. And I guess it’s one of the few times anybody has done this. From what I am hearing it’s the first time that a sitting president has done something like this”.

Admittedly, his something like this description of the visit is vague. It could mean virtually anything, but it appears that Trump believes that he is the first president to visit Puerto Rico/.

Trump is wrong. He isn’t the first president to visit Puerto Rico. He isn’t even the ninth.

Teddy Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, and Barack Obama all made official visits before Trump. Dwight Eisenhower, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, and Gerald Ford all made unofficial visits to Puerto Rico.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            You can't fight a conspiracy theorist. Kind of like trying to confront anti vaxers with facts. Same principle http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...peds.2013-2365
                            Funny thing is, there are plenty of studies that link it to autism and other terrible issues, especially with them containing mercury. Don't let that get in the way of forcing poison upon the peons...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I assume he is still working on trade deals / embargoes / invasions that benefit Exxon. When those are safe he'll head back through the revolving door and collect his winnings.
                              Yeah I figured once he gets the Rosneft money free he's outta there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Funny thing is, there are plenty of studies that link it to autism and other terrible issues, especially with them containing mercury. Don't let that get in the way of forcing poison upon the peons...
                                You should work on subtlety when it comes to trolling.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X