This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Are Democrats Headed for a McGovern Redux?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I doubt Dump would flunk the actual competency tests they apply to the elderly to see if they are no longer capable to handle their affairs. You basically have to be drooling into your shirt collar for that.
      Well, it depends on which ones. I would love to see a neuropsych eval on him. If he wasn't the Pres it would be a fascinating read. I posted this before- he really sounds like someone with dementia who is capable of faking it some of the time but can't really be coherent when pressed. It is really, really uncanny listening to him after coming home from the Long Term Care place where people who sound just like him are residents.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        Betteridge's Law
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Betteridge's Law
          Unless it's coming from an overload of drug influences, I'd kill to have your optimism.
          If Ohio voted for president tomorrow and the choices were once again Clinton and trump, trump would win by more than the 8 percentage points he won by last year. Mark it down. Nothing leads me to believe that as a party the democrats have learned what it will take to enjoy widespread electoral success in 2018. Maybe by then we'll see and I'll have a different opinion.

Comment

http://nypost.com/2017/10/10/clinton...0661-719164761

Think they f'ked?

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              No. From many an account, the ones who actually knew about it kept their mouths shut. The Weinstein brothers were/are one of the godfathers of modern Hollywood. Some outsider? Highly doubt they knew about it. I'll give Hill the benefit of the doubt.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                No. From many an account, the ones who actually knew about it kept their mouths shut. The Weinstein brothers were/are one of the godfathers of modern Hollywood. Some outsider? Highly doubt they knew about it. I'll give Hill the benefit of the doubt.
                She is shocked about him just like she was shocked about Bill
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Student suspended for not standing during pledge.

Problem: The Supreme Court ruled in 1943 that you cannot be forced to salute the flag or say the pledge in public school.
                  You can't be prosecuted, but you can be persecuted.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Even I knew about Weinstein years ago. It was the worst kept secret in Hollywood. I guarantee she knew.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A students rights are not absolute. (restrictions of Freedom of Expression are all over the place) Not sure they have much of a case although the fact that she had already sat 200 times with nothing happening is kind of ****ing. What will kill the school is if they dont have a set policy on the Pledge that every student knows...

(obviously this is arm chair lawyering on my part)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Isn't it interesting that Equifax top executives were able to sell shares of Equifax stock BEFORE revealing their **** up. And this apparently is ok. After 2008 this should not be ok, but it is. And the parachute the CEO is using is lined in gold thread.

How nice.

Oh, and put this on the "America doesn't give a ****" side of the ledger with Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump, and Clean Water.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Meanwhile parallels are being drawn between Kansas and Trump's new Tax Plan for the United States. It's always good to pick a failure as your model for tax reform.

WICHITA, Kan. — In December 2014, the University of Kansas agreed to pay David Beaty $800,000 a year, plus incentives, to be the football program’s head coach, but with an interesting structure: More than two-thirds of that pay would be channeled to an organization called DB Sports L.L.C.

DB Sports is what accountants call a pass-through entity, and it pays all of its profits directly to Mr. Beaty. As a result of a tax law that Kansas lawmakers passed in 2012, ostensibly to benefit beleaguered small businesses in the state, that contract structure allowed Mr. Beaty to avoid paying about $37,000 a year in state income taxes, nearly enough to fund a first-year teacher’s salary in the Wichita school district.

With the state hemorrhaging government revenue, Kansas lawmakers rolled back the tax law this year, but congressional Republicans and President Trump are trying to take the experiment with pass-through preferences national, beyond Wichita and Topeka to cities with residents who measure incomes in seven, eight or nine figures.

The Republican tax rewrite unveiled this month aims to jump-start economic growth in part by establishing a 25 percent tax rate on small businesses and other firms that operate as pass-through entities, a cut from the top rate of 39.6 percent that such business owners pay now.

But the abandoned experiment in Kansas points to how a carve-out intended to help raise growth and create jobs instead created an incentive for residents, particularly high earners, to avoid paying state income taxes by changing how they got paid.
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Chalk this up on the America doesn't care side.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Meanwhile parallels are being drawn between Kansas and Trump's new Tax Plan for the United States. It's always good to pick a failure as your model for tax reform.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Chalk this up on the America doesn't care side.
                            I'm not a tax expert, but this situation may not be that unjust. In Wisconsin single member LLCs are also pass-through entities for tax purposes. All that really means is that the individual pays the taxes, not the LLC. The taxes are still paid.

But as often the case, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will set me straight.

Comment

Meanwhile, the majority of, if not all, of Donald Trump's businesses are set up as pass-through entities. What a coindeedink.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I'm not a tax expert, but this situation may not be that unjust. In Wisconsin single member LLCs are also pass-through entities for tax purposes. All that really means is that the individual pays the taxes, not the LLC. The taxes are still paid.

But as often the case, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will set me straight.
                                Yes, the taxes are paid, at the top individual level of 39.5%. This bill will lower that level to 25%. Instant 14% tax savings.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X