This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I asked this on FB- if you are a parent how do you deal with explaining the current situation to kids? People are saying we need to 'respect the Prez, VP, the flag, the anthem, you name it. The behaviour from our leaders is morally and ethically wrong. Perhaps how you are answering gives me my answer. You are willing to ignore the morality, whether he should ethically do it because 'legally' he has the right. But I still don't get why people can't look at the morality or at it ethically. This is kind of like the Pharisees who wanted to cling to the 'Law" while missing the point of it.
    How did Les explain to lil that hummers aint sex
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about Harvey Weinstein. Really? We really care about that? Republicans care about that? Why? We have a sexual predator in the Presidency. Stop pretending America cares about that ****.
      When you figure that out let us know

(Maybe it's because Harv is a heeb?)
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        When you figure that out let us know

(Maybe it's because Harv is a heeb?)
        I would love to figure it out but I'm sure I'll die first.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
          Bingo. This was clearly a politically motivated stunt and it is beneath the office. Seems like these guys should find better use of their time then to make some meaningless FB/Twitter spectacle. It's a waste of everyone's time.
          I totally agree about it being a waste of everyone's time, but as far as it being beneath the office? It's all politics and it's a pretty subjective target there. Plus this administration doesn't seem to care too much about the optics of most situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            If Pence had stayed the whole game, it's a different narrative. I really don't believe he knew if the 49ers were going to kneel or not, since many teams have altered their approaches this past week, due to outcry.
            He told the press to stay in the van because he was leaving early. Of course he was planning this stunt before it happened.

Comment

Well, yea.

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic..._culture_.html
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                John Oliver had a very enlightening report on the Confederacy last night.
                I was just coming here to post that. Why is he the only one that seems to get it?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about Harvey Weinstein. Really? We really care about that? Republicans care about that? Why? We have a sexual predator in the Presidency. Stop pretending America cares about that ****.
                  They arent pretending...the only reason Republicans are making a big deal out of it is to show that Rich Liberals are just as sleazy and misogynistic as Rich Conservatives. They are trying to show that the Hollywood Elite are hypocrites.

They arent wrong...the Weinstein stuff had been covered up for years. Same with Joss Whedon and countless others.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

From an indoctrination center in the Rockies: http://eagnews.org/hs-takes-fire-ove...ting-at-trump/

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      They arent pretending...the only reason Republicans are making a big deal out of it is to show that Rich Liberals are just as sleazy and misogynistic as Rich Conservatives. They are trying to show that the Hollywood Elite are hypocrites.

They arent wrong...the Weinstein stuff had been covered up for years. Same with Joss Whedon and countless others.
                      Policy matters. On policy the difference is night and day. But, don't ever pretend that America gives a ****. It doesn't.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        He left a game. Whoop-dee-doo.
                        And evidently garnered a reaction. There are two ways you could look at this:

1. He's already paid his money. Why is he even giving them a chance?
                        2. Are we not to hold grudges against those that wrong our values, and give them another opportunity, as he's done?

Seems like he's trying to "lead by example" with #2, but people get ticked off at him on account of #1.

Comment

I'm seeing all the news saying Pence was a political stunt. Of course. But isn't the whole issue a political stunt? Pence is just trying to inject himself into it and looks like he was successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            I'm seeing all the news saying Pence was a political stunt. Of course. But isn't the whole issue a political stunt? Pence is just trying to inject himself into it and looks like he was successful.
                            No. It's not all a stunt. What the athletes are doing is a protest. What Pence did is a stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              You think the athletes are doing this as a stunt? Really?

If you cant see the difference between their kneeling and what Pence did...well I am kind of flabbergasted.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I was just coming here to post that. Why is he the only one that seems to get it?
                                There are a LOT of people who get it.

It's the deniers that are the real problem. The ones who are convinced that the Civil War was not about slavery, thus making it easier for a whole host of things. Like your relatives fighting for the south, or wanting to keep "historical" statues of traitors and losers, etc.

And what's really funny about- they all DENY everyone else's feelings, except when they are "offended" it's all of a sudden a really bad thing.

Lot of people on this board fit into that.

Comment

Working...
                                X