X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Franchisees all handle their own hiring and firing, so you're not likely to ever see a company like McD's widely unionized. It may happen in a region-by-region basis, but not likely across the country. Perhaps it could happen in Europe.
    In Europe they'd just make it illegal to work as non-union.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
      Not sure if this would work any more, given that poor immigrants are the only Americans still having kids. Once we build the wall the US will actually be shrinking.
      I could go for shrinking. National Parks are getting too **** crowded. Lotteries for wilderness permits sucks.

It would be nice if our economy didn't depend on unsustainable growth (once robots take all our jobs and we have universal basic income we should have a one child policy and bring the us population way down and return as much to wilderness as possible). Every nice small western mountain town is getting ruined by rich ****s.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        How 'bout we quit taxing money earned from investments differently than we do money earned from labor? Why should someone with gobs of money get to keep more of it simply because he parked it in the stock market instead of the guy who's breaking his body every day in the workplace?

In fact, how 'bout we reverse that. Tax income earned from labor at a lower rate than that earned from investments? Oh how the plutes would cry about how 'unfair' it is.
        The ones you'll get the most butthurt from are actually the retirees who have to live off investment income; heck, even the ponzi scheme of social security is taxable. Also, the investment differences are only available for long-term and qualified investments. The day trader is still paying top dollar in taxes.

Comment

Sorry folks.

What investment income? Most retirees are living off Social security, and not much else. And you're just fine with cutting that.

the richest 20% of Americans owned 92% of all stocks in 2013, according to research by NYU economist Edward Wolff.
          So the bottom 80% hold a grand total of 8% of the stock market. Gonna need that for their retirement.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sorry folks.

What investment income? Most retirees are living off Social security, and not much else. And you're just fine with cutting that.

So the bottom 80% hold a grand total of 8% of the stock market. Gonna need that for their retirement.

W tried to give everybody some. Nobody wanted it!
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Sorry folks.

Mutual funds, index funds? I have a portion of my retirement in that.

A goodly portion of the Fed's Thrift Savings Plan (401k) has a stock market index fund plus another fund into bond's.

We may not individually own stocks, but we're not exactly absent from the market, especially with savings accounts and CDs paying squat.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Some of you guys should feel bad for how mean you've been to Drew.
                Nah he should feel bad for the stupid things he posts
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Hey, if they're hangin' it out there for all to see (via social media) it's fair game, isn't it?

See: Gibbs' Rule 4.
                  No.

You know for a guy who believed the canard that Obama wiretapped Trump (and played up how off that would be) you seem pretty blase about this. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it is targeting a group you are not a part of...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Normally I ginore Facebook memes but I didnt find a couple that proved the stupidity of the Right's opinion on the NFL Protests. One was how the same people ripping the NFL to shreds seemed to have little to no issue with Kim Davis and her using her political and religious beliefs to protest Gay Marriage. The other was how the same party that seems outraged over the disrespect to the flag also supports Kid Rock for Senator...a man who cut a hole in a Flag and wore it as a poncho during a concert.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Mutual funds, index funds? I have a portion of my retirement in that.

A goodly portion of the Fed's Thrift Savings Plan (401k) has a stock market index fund plus another fund into bond's.

We may not individually own stocks, but we're not exactly absent from the market, especially with savings accounts and CDs paying squat.
                      Included. The amount of stock you, me, and everyone else in this country has pales in comparison to what the richest 20% hold.

Comment

But he wore it respectfully.

Comment

But he wore it respectfully.
                          I think the real reason is pretty black and white.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Don't tell me the Kid Rock campaign was a real thing... I thought he said it was a joke? I was disillusioned enough for one day when I saw we're giving a tax deduction for "gambling losses." America is over.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Don't tell me the Kid Rock campaign was a real thing... I thought he said it was a joke? I was disillusioned enough for one day when I saw we're giving a tax deduction for "gambling losses." America is over.
                              I thought you could add a deduction for losses, but you also have to report your winnings, so they are properly taxed.....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                He's still only teasing it, and Debs is treating him like he's a serious candidate. He may have the raw numbers to run. Lord knows there are enough imbeciles in the Michissippi parts of the state who like the racket he makes and would vote for him. That said, I don't think he's serious enough to be willing to give up his current lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X