X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    One of the latest theories is ADD/ADHD/ Autism is an evolutionary development. With multiple devices that allow for or require rapid switching of focus, and the isolation of society (less social interaction face to face) the person with these traits is actually more set up for success. I am not articulating well but it was really interesting. Compound that with the redefinition- Spectrum vs definitive, and increased screening make the numbers captured much higher than 30-40 yrs ago. Then the only people identified were folks who were on the extreme end and many times non-functional.
    Back then, they sent them to a state hospital or group home. Red states keep cutting funding for that, so a lot of the low-functioning cases are going to be living on the streets within 10-20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Doesn't matter, they now give "super shots" that have about 40 vaccines in one. So you can't avoid it.
      Last time I went through this, you could avoid it but you really had to be on top of your game and know what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Back then, they sent them to a state hospital or group home. Red states keep cutting funding for that, so a lot of the low-functioning cases are going to be living on the streets within 10-20 years.
        Wow. Um, no. That will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Has anyone ever figured out the point of those polls?
          They're like Basic Competency exams. A longitudinal reminder that a significant percentage of our fellow citizens couldn't find their as-s with two hands and a map.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I suppose as Mueller gets closer we'll have to deal with more dick wagging like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...e38_story.html

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The irony? of this is that if a Donald Trump was in charge of a country that didn't like mine, I'd want nukes ASAP. He might do more damage to non-proliferation then anyone in 70 years
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                The irony? of this is that if a Donald Trump was in charge of a country that didn't like mine, I'd want nukes ASAP. He might do more damage to non-proliferation then anyone in 70 years
                Speaking of foreign policy chops, Saudi Arabia is now engaging with the Russians because they don't trust the US to have a consistent foreign policy.

Turns out that just because a bunch of hayseed morons in the US voted for Dump, the rest of the world doesn't have to put up with his sh-t.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm also missing the part where they state Iran is not in compliance. They just want to undo because a) Obama did it and b) he thinks he can magically get a better deal because people told him he's a great negotiator.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Yep. Anything that was an Obama success cannot be allowed to stand. Gonna wipe his name off the history books.

Sorta like how Stalin did with Lenin and Trotsky.

And if, as he claims, the current deal is so great for Iran, why would they even want to enter into another one that's worse for them?
                    Last edited by rufus; 10-05-2017, 05:01 PM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I'm also missing the part where they state Iran is not in compliance. They just want to undo because a) Obama did it and b) he thinks he can magically get a better deal because people told him he's a great negotiator.
                      There's no "better deal" because Britain, France, Germany, Russia, and China are going to tell him to go play with his shinebox while the adults are speaking.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

There's no "better deal" because Britain, France, Germany, Russia, and China are going to tell him to go play with his shinebox while the adults are speaking.
                        Pretty much this. The other parties to the deal were on the way out, and the sanctions wouldn't matter much without them, so it was important to get something out of it, and there's little value in single-handedly going back in. Given those constraints it's an amazing deal.

KDR

Comment

Oh good. We will send our approval-hungry, imperceptive, notoriously unprepared child president to negotiate with these guys? What could go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            The increased screening, expanded definitions, and heightened awareness has a dramatic impact on the numbers. But obviously there is something more out there. There is a smarter way to administer vaccines by simply delaying them so the body is able to handle what it is being given. Doctors have tried to give my kid 7 shots all at once. I said absolutely not. Did my kid eventually get all 7? Yes. But in a way that I was comfortable with and was able to ensure there were no ill effects after each shot.

Now before you get all crazy about what you accuse me of thinking or believing, let me just say... do I think a vax causes autism? No. Do I think it was a trigger that brought out a condition that someone may have had already been predisposed? Yes.
                            They have done a lot of research on this. You actually have a better immune response when the body is confronted with more. Example you give adults Tetanus with Diptheria because it augments the response to Tetanus. The only live vaccines that are 'live' are MMR and varicella (chickenpox). The rest you are giving the equivilent of an empty shell to show the body what it should respond to. You give the immunizations early because the immune response happens but to have sustained response you need to remind the body. Many parents delay or stagger vaccines but there is absolutely no evidence to show it makes any difference except for make the parents happy. We don't have a very good record system or compliance in the country as a whole (Red states suck at this, esp down south). In countries with robust healthcare systems with standardized record keeping they have huge cohorts to get data from and it just doesn't play out.

There is no evidence at all that shows triggers from vaccines, no matter if a person is predisposed. As someone who did pedi for close to 30 yrs the observation I would make is Autism becomes more easily evident at around 15-18 months when you would expect the baby to be more interactive (the same time MMR is given). If you ask closely you usually will find that the baby has been 'off' from very early on but the parents just thought it was their baby's personality. They don't like to be cuddled, they weren't easily soothed, they didn't make eye contact or would only do so briefly, etc. There is also a strong genetic component. This means you have families that think behavior that is on the Spectrum is normal until it is diagnosed- usually when they don't meet markers that look at social cues- imitation, engagement with surroundings, etc

in my extended family we have a kid dx with autism. When he was around 18 months the mother thought something was not right. Trip to the Pedi and they suggested hearing problems, ADHD (person who said this was an idiot). They had a party and the grandmother grabbed me as we walked into the house and asked me to look at the kid. Huge party. The kid was in the middle not paying attention to any of it. It took me 2 seconds to say oh-oh. Long story short- the father was also dx. The father's mother couldn't understand why he had a dx. When you looked at the family there were 3 generations of people with the same personality traits. To them it was completely normal. They all thought the kid with autism was 'fine'. So how many people do we have who think their kid is normal because they don't know what normal is and miss cues until they are glaringly evident?
                            Last edited by leswp1; 10-05-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I suppose as Mueller gets closer we'll have to deal with more dick wagging like this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...e38_story.html
                              So now Congress has to deal with this? They couldnt pass Health Care, their Tax Reform is dying and now he is going to have them try to redo the Iran Nuclear Deal?

Then again I am surprised he didnt have his Failure in Law do it...wasnt he going to fix the Middle East and solve the Opiod epidemic?
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Last time I went through this, you could avoid it but you really had to be on top of your game and know what you are doing.
                                True you get more vaccines now but you get far less antigens. Your body does not care how many shots it is given but instead what it is exposed to. That is the thing that "triggers" an immune response. Compared to the 1960s, you get exposed to about 160 antigens now which is thousands less than in prior decades (forgetting the literal millions of antigens you are exposed to on a regular day).

Vaccines work and are safe to give on the recommended CDC schedule. When a proposed schedule has evidence that it is safer and better for children, it is adopted by the CDC.

http://www.immunizeforgood.com/fact-...-many-too-soon
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X