Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And there's the rub. This money was spent already. If he stayed the whole game, and issued a "We disagree with the kneel as a protest" statement afterwards...how much uproar compared to what is currently happening? I say not as much. Some, but not like now.
    But that's the issue. The money was not going to be spent until Trumpy and he came up with this publicity stunt. The only reason he went to the game was so he could make a big show about walking out of it

Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Agreed. And it's one big circle. The circle stops when one says "You can't say that" not when one says "You shouldn't say that."
    With the office comes responsibility. When he appears in public he is not a private citizen and should comport himself accordingly. He did not.

And there's the rub. This money was spent already. If he stayed the whole game, and issued a "We disagree with the kneel as a protest" statement afterwards...how much uproar compared to what is currently happening? I say not as much. Some, but not like now.
    Again- the money spent issue is flat out wrong. Cost/Benefit ratio comes into play here. He pretty much spent $ to throw a very short tantrum. The equivalent of poking the bees nest and running.

I asked this on FB- if you are a parent how do you deal with explaining the current situation to kids? People are saying we need to 'respect the Prez, VP, the flag, the anthem, you name it. The behaviour from our leaders is morally and ethically wrong. Perhaps how you are answering gives me my answer. You are willing to ignore the morality, whether he should ethically do it because 'legally' he has the right. But I still don't get why people can't look at the morality or at it ethically. This is kind of like the Pharisees who wanted to cling to the 'Law" while missing the point of it.
    Last edited by leswp1; 10-09-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    With the office comes responsibility. When he appears in public he is not a private citizen and should comport himself accordingly. He did not.

Again- the money spent issue is flat out wrong. Cost/Benefit ratio comes into play here. He pretty much spent $ to throw a very short tantrum. The equivalent of poking the bees nest and running.

I asked this on FB- if you are a parent how do you deal with explaining the current situation to kids? People are saying we need to 'respect the Prez, VP, the flag, the anthem, you name it. The behaviour from our leaders is morally and ethically wrong. Perhaps how you are answering gives me my answer. You are willing to ignore the morality, whether he should ethically do it because 'legally' he has the right. But I still don't get why people can't look at the morality or at it ethically. This is kind of like the Pharisees who wanted to cling to the 'Law" while missing the point of it.
    Bingo. This was clearly a politically motivated stunt and it is beneath the office. Seems like these guys should find better use of their time then to make some meaningless FB/Twitter spectacle. It's a waste of everyone's time.

IMO, saying Pence was just making a personal statement is the kind of confirmation bias rationalization that got Trump elected in the first place.

It's no wonder this country is bankrupt.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Had obama done that you'd be so butthurt you'd be walking funny for a week.
    You didn't know there was potentially another reason for the trip til after you posted your original rant. MNS posted that after you said you didn't think it was a big deal.

Good to know you don't care about taxpayer money funding stunts like this.

Everything a politician does is a funded stunt.

No.
    First off I don't think I feel too hot with my money being spent for a football game when there are people in the country without essentials.

More importantly having my tax dollars spent so some guy could go to a game to walk out because the Prez told him to is ridiculous. If he said the protest was bs but stayed he wouldn't have spent hundreds of thousands of $ to fly there with an entourage of secret service, changed the plan for security for the whole event for a few minutes. Spending money just to throw a tantrum is not money well spent. You cannot possibly view the world as so simplistically. Cost/benefit ratio is something that comes to mind. If he were to go somewhere for a few minutes and actually do something that forwarded the country's interests I am all in. I am not all in if he is acting at the behest of a spoiled, narcissistic, sociopath man-child who is perserevating on a subject that is distracting from what he should be doing.
    but Barry, bubba, and tD playing golf all the time is ok?

There are enough horses to cry upon than this already. C'mon people!!!

John Oliver had a very enlightening report on the Confederacy last night.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    But that's the issue. The money was not going to be spent until Trumpy and he came up with this publicity stunt. The only reason he went to the game was so he could make a big show about walking out of it
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mr Rufus E Gully-Bul

It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about Harvey Weinstein. Really? We really care about that? Republicans care about that? Why? We have a sexual predator in the Presidency. Stop pretending America cares about that ****.

How did Les explain to lil that hummers aint sex

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's interesting how everyone is up in arms about Harvey Weinstein. Really? We really care about that? Republicans care about that? Why? We have a sexual predator in the Presidency. Stop pretending America cares about that ****.
    When you figure that out let us know

(Maybe it's because Harv is a heeb?)

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    When you figure that out let us know

(Maybe it's because Harv is a heeb?)
    I would love to figure it out but I'm sure I'll die first.

International Spy

Quote Originally Posted by dave122793 View Post
    Bingo. This was clearly a politically motivated stunt and it is beneath the office. Seems like these guys should find better use of their time then to make some meaningless FB/Twitter spectacle. It's a waste of everyone's time.
    I totally agree about it being a waste of everyone's time, but as far as it being beneath the office? It's all politics and it's a pretty subjective target there. Plus this administration doesn't seem to care too much about the optics of most situations.

If Pence had stayed the whole game, it's a different narrative. I really don't believe he knew if the 49ers were going to kneel or not, since many teams have altered their approaches this past week, due to outcry.
    He told the press to stay in the van because he was leaving early. Of course he was planning this stunt before it happened.

John Oliver had a very enlightening report on the Confederacy last night.
    I was just coming here to post that. Why is he the only one that seems to get it?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

They arent pretending...the only reason Republicans are making a big deal out of it is to show that Rich Liberals are just as sleazy and misogynistic as Rich Conservatives. They are trying to show that the Hollywood Elite are hypocrites.

They arent wrong...the Weinstein stuff had been covered up for years. Same with Joss Whedon and countless others.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

From an indoctrination center in the Rockies: http://eagnews.org/hs-takes-fire-ove...ting-at-trump/
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    They arent pretending...the only reason Republicans are making a big deal out of it is to show that Rich Liberals are just as sleazy and misogynistic as Rich Conservatives. They are trying to show that the Hollywood Elite are hypocrites.

They arent wrong...the Weinstein stuff had been covered up for years. Same with Joss Whedon and countless others.
    Policy matters. On policy the difference is night and day. But, don't ever pretend that America gives a ****. It doesn't.

Thread Information