Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

International Spy
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The bottom line is that your anecdotal experience is not a substitute for actual medical research. You're getting a bit hysterical here.
    Maybe because youíve got nothing left to say? If my experience means Iíve been lucky for years and years, Iím okay with that. It was a very easy comparison to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Maybe because youíve got nothing left to say? If my experience means Iíve been lucky for years and years, Iím okay with that. It was a very easy comparison to draw.
    I wouldn't say you've been lucky since the risk was still small (I assume) despite not following the ideal schedule. But you're trying to suggest your experience was proof that you made the safest decision--which, of course, is ridiculous logic. That was the point I was making with my analogy--the one that you mentioned but totally sidestepped.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 10-07-2017 at 01:51 PM.

International Spy
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I wouldn't say you've been lucky since the risk was still small (I assume) despite not following the ideal schedule. But you're trying to suggest your experience was proof that you made the safest decision--which, of course, is ridiculous logic. That was the point I was making with my analogy--the one that you mentioned but totally sidestepped.
    Hm. I missed the part where I even attempted to convey that. I made a decision based on two risks that I perceived. If delaying shots put kids at risk , the risk was so small the decision was easy for me. But Iíve been getting ripped saying my kids lives were at stake because of my negligence. That is insane.

Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

Hm. I missed the part where I even attempted to convey that.
    Yes, you must have. Here it is:

My reasoning is to protect my children to the best of my ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It doesn't look like your chosen method does what you're seeking and no one is lecturing you.
    Sure it does. No one I know has contracted any of these diseases and they are all protected. Mission accomplished.
    You're pretty clearly saying that the results prove that you succeeded in protecting them to the best of your ability. Once again, that's like saying the same thing after a year of not using car seats or seat belts during which you avoided getting into any accidents.

I will say though, while I take issue with your rationale as you've explained it, I'm not particularly comfortable with how far some of the criticism has gone. My 16 month old hasn't gotten his 15 month shots yet because he was too sick when he went in for his 15 month appointment (he's scheduled to get them this next week). His ped didn't seem particularly concerned about the delay.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 10-07-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Here's an idea, take it to the medical thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Here's an idea, take it to the medical thread.
    Science thread. Will bump.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Science thread. Will bump.
    Thank god...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

http://d.gu.com/Pt4lTq

Yep. Rovers little brother knows his stuff.

I find it funny that Trump is now trolling the GOP saying he is working with the Dems to get a Health Care deal.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

It is kind of like watching a psychotic patient who enjoys disrupting everything. So far there this week- we have N Korea, PR fiasco, rescinding of rights for LBGQ folk, removal of BC coverage and I am sure there is more but I can't keep up. The guy is a one man wrecking ball effing up every part of the societal fabric, attacking all fronts at once.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    It is kind of like watching a psychotic patient who enjoys disrupting everything. So far there this week- we have N Korea, PR fiasco, rescinding of rights for LBGQ folk, removal of BC coverage and I am sure there is more but I can't keep up. The guy is a one man wrecking ball effing up every part of the societal fabric, attacking all fronts at once.
    Doing everything that he said he would. Our country is diseased and probably beyond repair.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Must be even more happening with Russia behind the scenes. Gotta have the distractions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Must be even more happening with Russia behind the scenes. Gotta have the distractions.
    I forgot all the stuff coming out from that. and Rex saying he is a moron. and

I forgot all the stuff coming out from that. and Rex saying he is a moron. and
    Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?

Senator Bob Corker tweet this morning:
    Senator Bob Corker @SenBobCorker
    It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.

LOL
    Jesus this is getting hilarious!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

LOL
    Now that he's on the way out, he's not afraid to speak out. Figures.

LOL
    The funny thing is most of them talk like this away from the cameras. A few of them are morons, but most of them aren't stupid, they just represent stupid constituencies that they play to.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Jesus this is getting hilarious!
    This is hilarious too:
    ďI think one of the greatest of all terms Iíve come up with is Ďfake,' Ē Trump said in an interview with TBN host and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R). ďI guess other people have used it, perhaps over the years, but Iíve never noticed it.Ē

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/354445-trump-one-of-the-greatest-terms-ive-come-up-with-is-fake

So, he came up with Fake News? He doesn't even know what it is.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Thread Information