Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1002

Thread: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

  1. #381

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,312

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    This shows how much corruption goes on and that there really isn't a great choice either way: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...on-trump-tweet
    Oh, Drew.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  2. #382
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,672

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    As a few people I know say "Lebron should just shut up! What does his rich *** know about being poor or held down!" That is usually followed by something about how racism is a rare thing.

    Trump has awakened us to the fact that things werent as good as we tended to think they are. President Harambe Usama Blackentinov X really messed with the heads of a lot of people and Trump and this wave of disgusting racism is the backlash.

    Drew...like Fishy only with less emoticons.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  3. #383
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    110,360

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    As a few people I know say "Lebron should just shut up! What does his rich *** know about being poor or held down!" That is usually followed by something about how racism is a rare thing.

    Trump has awakened us to the fact that things werent as good as we tended to think they are. President Harambe Usama Blackentinov X really messed with the heads of a lot of people and Trump and this wave of disgusting racism is the backlash.

    Drew...like Fishy only with less emoticons.
    This sounds twisted, but the one good thing that Trump has done is he let us know who the racists are. Before, it was very quiet/subdued. You didn't know where people stood because they were afraid of saying anything. Now we know. And if one is a racist, I know enough not to deal with that person, you know?

    I hope what I am saying is understood. I didn't really state it in a good way.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    As a few people I know say "Lebron should just shut up! What does his rich *** know about being poor or held down!" That is usually followed by something about how racism is a rare thing.

    Trump has awakened us to the fact that things werent as good as we tended to think they are. President Harambe Usama Blackentinov X really messed with the heads of a lot of people and Trump and this wave of disgusting racism is the backlash.

    Drew...like Fishy only with less emoticons.
    I wasn't talking about the LeBron stuff. The point was about Gilbert giving money to both parties. To say he is doing it for the good of the region is completely rubbish.

  5. #385
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,391

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    This sounds twisted, but the one good thing that Trump has done is he let us know who the racists are. Before, it was very quiet/subdued. You didn't know where people stood because they were afraid of saying anything. Now we know. And if one is a racist, I know enough not to deal with that person, you know?

    I hope what I am saying is understood. I didn't really state it in a good way.
    Who are the racists Trump revealed to us?

  6. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Who are the racists Trump revealed to us?
    A lot of them on my Facebook feed before I unfriended the racist *****tards.

  7. #387
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    This shows how much corruption goes on and that there really isn't a great choice either way: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...on-trump-tweet
    Yeah, yeah, yeah BSABSVR - we know.

  8. #388
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,863

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I wasn't talking about the LeBron stuff. The point was about Gilbert giving money to both parties. To say he is doing it for the good of the region is completely rubbish.
    Aren't you the one always crying about how we need to quit party identifying and work together to get things done? And yet, when this man, or anyone else gives money to people from both parties, in an attempt to try to get this done, you say all this shows is how corrupt everything is.

    Make up your frickin' mind. Or better yet, start using your frickin' mind.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  9. #389
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,672

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Who are the racists Trump revealed to us?
    A lot of people I associate with in one way or another have never put forth some of the rhetoric they do now. And social media is now filled with Redneck Racist Warriors all over the place.

    I mean they were always there but they kept it to themselves.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #390
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,391

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    A lot of people I associate with in one way or another have never put forth some of the rhetoric they do now. And social media is now filled with Redneck Racist Warriors all over the place.

    I mean they were always there but they kept it to themselves.
    Yeah, I guess I was wondering if we've been surprised where they're coming from. Also, I can't think of many negative descriptors that do not apply to Turmp, but what exactly about him brings out this dark side of who we are.

  11. #391
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    29,183

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente


  12. #392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,672

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Trumps DOJ Says It Is Fair Game To Fire Someone For Being Gay

    From the link:

    Mooppan, explained that, under federal law, employers were absolutely free “to regulate employees’ off-the-job sexual behavior,” meaning they could discriminate against employees for adultery, promiscuity or sexual orientation.
    Please Righties defend this...

  13. #393
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    36,428

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    tD plan "not good for me"

    About time a pol doesn't think only for himself

  14. #394
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    38,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Trumps DOJ Says It Is Fair Game To Fire Someone For Being Gay

    From the link:



    Please Righties defend this...
    As someone who's out of the closet, good thing my employer includes sexual orientation and gender identity in its non-discrimination policy.
    Last edited by ShirtlessBob; 09-30-2017 at 10:54 PM.

  15. #395
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    17,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Trumps DOJ Says It Is Fair Game To Fire Someone For Being Gay

    From the link:



    Please Righties defend this...
    Legally, they aren't necessarily wrong. Sexual orientation is not explicitly protected at the federal level, and the Obama administration's work around of shoehorning it in as sex discrimination is awkward at best.

    That said, nothing requires the DOJ to take a position in stone of these cases. And its position reversal in the Colorado cake baker case is asinine.

  16. #396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,395

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Trumps DOJ Says It Is Fair Game To Fire Someone For Being Gay

    From the link:



    Please Righties defend this...
    I'm not sure about other states, but in Mass you don't need a reason to get rid of someone. I've got mixed feelings on the laws. I don't want people discriminated against for who they are, but at the same time don't think the government should be involved in who is hired and fired.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  17. #397
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Former CIA Chief questions trump's leadership.

    Even though he was top dog in the CIA during Obama's term, you'd think at some point these constant and daily refutations of trump's abilities to be president would resonate with SOME of his voters. I know they won't, because as is becoming more and more apparent every day, Hillary was off by a country mile. Pretty much if you voted for trump, you are deplorable. Yes there are exceptions to that here or there, but those are simply the people too naive and ill-informed to even understand the complexities of modern day politics and the roles our elected officials really play.

    trump is a mix of mental illness and evil. There can be no rational argument that concludes differently. If you possess all your marbles and are not actively opposing trump at this point, you ARE deplorable. I am reminding my republican U.S. senator and my U.S representative in the House of this on a regular basis. I hope any of you so afflicted with elected representatives are doing so as well. I am fortunate (in one way) that a large portion of my job focuses on politics, so I have a platform to efficiently speak on these issues to a lot of people. I am reminding them of it as often as I can, and hoping it has at least some effect.

  18. #398
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    1,715

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I'm not sure about other states, but in Mass you don't need a reason to get rid of someone. I've got mixed feelings on the laws. I don't want people discriminated against for who they are, but at the same time don't think the government should be involved in who is hired and fired.
    It boggles my mind that people like you don't think the government's role is precisely in areas like this. Who else is there to protect someone who is discriminated against? Yes, I don't want any government to determine the skills required to put a tire on a car or design an advertising campaign. But to ensure that people are hired or not hired on anything other than their ability to perform the required tasks of a job is within the scope of any government that purports to "protect" its citizens against all foes foreign or domestic.

    It is such a simple thing to say "we don't want big government" but it always seems to me the people who shout that the loudest simply want the government to protect the things they care about, like guns and who the fvck I sleep with.

  19. #399
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I'm not sure about other states, but in Mass you don't need a reason to get rid of someone. I've got mixed feelings on the laws. I don't want people discriminated against for who they are, but at the same time don't think the government should be involved in who is hired and fired.
    Maine is also an at will state, however it's still illegal to fire someone for being gay (there would need to be some kind of evidence that shows you were fired for being gay because in general you don't need a reason to terminate someone's employment).

  20. #400
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,395

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    It boggles my mind that people like you don't think the government's role is precisely in areas like this. Who else is there to protect someone who is discriminated against? Yes, I don't want any government to determine the skills required to put a tire on a car or design an advertising campaign. But to ensure that people are hired or not hired on anything other than their ability to perform the required tasks of a job is within the scope of any government that purports to "protect" its citizens against all foes foreign or domestic.

    It is such a simple thing to say "we don't want big government" but it always seems to me the people who shout that the loudest simply want the government to protect the things they care about, like guns and who the fvck I sleep with.
    How do you determine who is objectively the most qualified? And then you also have the issue of who is the best fit culturally. In today's world that isn't a minor consideration. Hiring is a crapshoot and I don't think the government getting involved makes it any better.

    On the other end obviously I don't think people should be fired for their sexual orientation. It's hard to prove in a lot of cases though and if laws are too restrictive as far as getting rid of people that creates a whole other host of issues.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •