Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1002

Thread: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

  1. #281
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Where has John Henry been the last 15 years? Not to be cynical, but I think is just another money making scam.
    Why do I keep thinking John Henry was a famous race horse...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  2. #282
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Don't tell me the Kid Rock campaign was a real thing... I thought he said it was a joke? I was disillusioned enough for one day when I saw we're giving a tax deduction for "gambling losses." America is over.
    Y'all were saying the same thing about Trump's campaign. And if I thought the butthurt from the last 11 months over Trump winning was entertaining...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  3. #283
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    12,408

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    No.

    You know for a guy who believed the canard that Obama wiretapped Trump (and played up how off that would be) you seem pretty blase about this. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it is targeting a group you are not a part of...
    Subtle but finite difference you're (intentionally?) missing here: Monitoring public social media is not reaching into ("tapping") private conversations. When you post it on your Facebook you've lost any expectation of privacy. If you put it out there for all to see, someone is going to see it. Again, see Gibbs Rule 4.

    Side bar: I recently had the chance to hear Carly Fiorina speak. She touched on this issue. She asked why US INS doesn't look at social media accounts of immigrants applying to come to the US. (They aren't allowed to, supposedly, per her.) She then pointed out when her granddaughter brings home a new boyfriend the first thing she does is find the lad's Facebook and Twitter account postings. So Carly does more social media vetting of people than US INS was her claim.


    Now, as far as Trump being tapped -- he may not have been the target, but may have he been caught up in the tap anyway?
    - Manafort was tapped: http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politi...ans/index.html
    - Manafort had an apartment in Trump Tower (was the monitoring happening to Manafort while there?)
    - Manafort talked to Trump ... before and after the election
    Conversations where Trump participated easily could've been monitored, but not with Trump as the prime target.
    PS - That's not me; that's CNN. Enjoy the video and story at the above link.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 09-29-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  4. #284
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Mutual funds, index funds? I have a portion of my retirement in that.

    A goodly portion of the Fed's Thrift Savings Plan (401k) has a stock market index fund plus another fund into bond's.

    We may not individually own stocks, but we're not exactly absent from the market, especially with savings accounts and CDs paying squat.
    Not to mention, you usually don't want to own stocks outright at that age. Diversity is your friend. And yes, misled lefties, you can put that in your signature.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  5. #285

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    55,173

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    When you post it on your Facebook you've lost any expectation of privacy.
    Nobody's arguing with that.

    Let's put it another way. Would you be comfortable with the USG monitoring all social media for everybody, all the time? Let's cede their right to. (1) Does it worry you that that sets up an adversarial relationship between the USG and its citizens? (2) Is that a good use of resources?
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  6. #286
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Included. The amount of stock you, me, and everyone else in this country has pales in comparison to what the richest 20% hold.
    They may hold it, but you're only paying taxes on what you sell, along with any dividend that may come in, and you only get the "lower rate" if you've held the stock for long enough of a period of time. And also, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't individual folks (obviously you have your exceptions, such as George Soros and Warren Buffett), but investment firms that held the stock and then offered packages in the forms of mutual funds and target 401(k) plans; they're always moving stock around to get the most return for their clients. And take a wild guess at what they do with the differences and dividends... give you a hint, it's the same thing that happens when you force a cost on a small business...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  7. #287
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37,170
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not to mention, you usually don't want to own stocks outright at that age. Diversity is your friend. And yes, misled lefties, you can put that in your signature.
    People live into their 80s and 90s now

  8. #288
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Now, as far as Trump being tapped -- he may not have been the target, but may have he been caught up in the tap anyway?
    - Manafort was tapped: http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politi...ans/index.html
    - Manafort had an apartment in Trump Tower (was the monitoring happening to Manafort while there?)
    - Manafort talked to Trump ... before and after the election
    Conversations where Trump participated easily could've been monitored, but not with Trump as the prime target.
    PS - That's not me; that's CNN. Enjoy the video and story at the above link.
    Seems Trump is STILL being tapped, and by General Kelly, according to Roger Stone's WH sources.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  9. #289
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    People live into their 80s and 90s now
    And if you have enough capital invested, you can live off the dividends.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  10. #290
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Nobody's arguing with that.

    Let's put it another way. Would you be comfortable with the USG monitoring all social media for everybody, all the time? Let's cede their right to. (1) Does it worry you that that sets up an adversarial relationship between the USG and its citizens? (2) Is that a good use of resources?
    Oh, but it's all in the name of "security", because ya know, nine eleven...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  11. #291
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    64,476

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not to mention, you usually don't want to own stocks outright at that age. Diversity is your friend. And yes, misled lefties, you can put that in your signature.
    LOL. Doesn't work. Just like Dollar Cost Averaging doesn't work.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  12. #292
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37,170
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    And if you have enough capital invested, you can live off the dividends.
    Mkay mr Romney

  13. #293

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    55,173

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mkay mr Romney
    I don't know what everyone's worried about. Just borrow a million dollars from your dad.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  14. #294
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    12,408

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Nobody's arguing with that.

    Let's put it another way. Would you be comfortable with the USG monitoring all social media for everybody, all the time? Let's cede their right to. (1) Does it worry you that that sets up an adversarial relationship between the USG and its citizens? (2) Is that a good use of resources?
    Set up an adversarial relationship? Kep, you're not that naive. It's been there for decades already.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  15. #295
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mkay mr Romney
    Pulling a 4% return, $40,000 a year only requires $1,000,000 in retirement savings, which is not unheard of these days. Believe it or not, some of us are happy living within or below our means, and socking the rest away for the future.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  16. #296
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    64,476

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    If you can't do the Math, Steve Rattner can. This tax cut proposal is a total sham.
    "Middle Class Gets NOTHING".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxW6tINPy30
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  17. #297
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    12,408

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    If you can't do the Math, Steve Rattner can. This tax cut proposal is a total sham.
    I was wondering when people would start picking up on the proposed elimination of the deduction for state/local income taxes. If you itemize and live in CA, NY, MN, MA, or other high state income tax states that's a monster hit.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  18. #298
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,457

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I was wondering when people would start picking up on the proposed elimination of the deduction for state/local income taxes. If you itemize and live in CA, NY, MN, MA, or other high state income tax states that's a monster hit.
    Cuomo's already complaining about it in NY. Never mind there's something he could actually do about it, but would rather whine and ***** about Trump...

    But if the standard is going up to compensate for it...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #299
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    18,077

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...estate-tax-sm/

    This is why we can't have nice things. The estate tax will hit 5500 estates in total in a given year, and of those a whopping 80 are small businesses or farms, but people believe the truthiness that it impacts millions.

  20. #300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    34,266

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Subtle but finite difference you're (intentionally?) missing here: Monitoring public social media is not reaching into ("tapping") private conversations. When you post it on your Facebook you've lost any expectation of privacy. If you put it out there for all to see, someone is going to see it. Again, see Gibbs Rule 4.

    Side bar: I recently had the chance to hear Carly Fiorina speak. She touched on this issue. She asked why US INS doesn't look at social media accounts of immigrants applying to come to the US. (They aren't allowed to, supposedly, per her.) She then pointed out when her granddaughter brings home a new boyfriend the first thing she does is find the lad's Facebook and Twitter account postings. So Carly does more social media vetting of people than US INS was her claim.


    Now, as far as Trump being tapped -- he may not have been the target, but may have he been caught up in the tap anyway?
    - Manafort was tapped: http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politi...ans/index.html
    - Manafort had an apartment in Trump Tower (was the monitoring happening to Manafort while there?)
    - Manafort talked to Trump ... before and after the election
    Conversations where Trump participated easily could've been monitored, but not with Trump as the prime target.
    PS - That's not me; that's CNN. Enjoy the video and story at the above link.
    Dont try and spin it just because you were completely wrong. Trump said he was tapped by Obama. You believed it. Trump being caught up in the Manafort deal is not the same thing no matter how much you try and pretend it is. In one instance it is a President eavesdropping on a candidate/President-Elect for nefarious reasons and in the other Trump was caught up in an above board investigation that was looking into someone else.

    And I love that you bring Carly Fiorina like that somehow adds credence to this Social Media BS. This is the same woman who claimed she saw the video of the babies being killed and their organs being sold off even though the video has never existed. She is a fraud, a horrible CEO and a terrible candidate for any office.

    (this is why no one takes you seriously, your BS is too easy to disprove)

    But hey...the GOP is the party of Small Government right? Obviously acting like Big Brother checking out the social media of any immigrant is right in line with those values. If the Obama Administration was putting forth this idea the time it would take for you and your ilk to cry BIG BROTHER!!!! and scream about misuse of resources and Government Overreach could be clocked with an egg timer.
    Last edited by Handyman; 09-29-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •