Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1002

Thread: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

  1. #201
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,865

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Also, the estate tax only applies to the amount above the excluded rate, so if your grandfather leaves the farm to your parents, the couple's exclusion is over $10 million. So at most, they'l be paying about 40% on whatever amount above $10 million the estate is valued at.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  2. #202
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    18,865

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This happened on Fox News Last Night.
    People are saying that Paul Ryan is really smart.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  3. #203
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    It is not still traditional for 3 generations to live under the same roof. In a country of 300,000,000, it happens, but it is neither commonplace nor a regular enough occurrence to constitute tradition.
    It is still traditional for 3 generations to be working on the same farm. It is very common. My grandpa is getting too old to do too much anymore, but it wasn't that long ago that me, my father and my grandpa all were working on the same farm.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  4. #204
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,905

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    People are saying that Paul Ryan is really smart.
    Wrong.

    He is bigly smart.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  5. #205
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    That hasn't been true for generations. This country is 85% urban, and rural towns get smaller every year. We should not be basing 21st century tax policy on 19th century practices.



    The estate tax isn't about getting back at anyone, so you can shove your revenge fantasies up your butt.

    The estate tax is about placing Joe the farmer's son on the same level as Jill the doctor's daughter and Jimmy, the kid of two meth addicts. Let's say Jimmy wants to be a farmer when he grows up. Why should Joe get a $10,000,000 head start (on top of the head start of not having meth addicts for parents) on Jimmy? Joe hasn't done shiat other than win the birth lottery in this scenario. His parents may have built a successful farm, but he didn't. And what if Joe doesn't want to farm? Does he still get it tax free?

    If Joe works on the farm his adult life, his sweat equity should be compensated in the form of wages and ownership stakes along the way.

    And I'm no fan of Monsanto, but that's an anti-trust issue, not an estate tax issue.
    Because not having that head start is a non-starter for getting into farming. Your policy would kill American agriculture, and there is really no arguing that. It is fact. I am sure you are perfectly fine with that, but I cannot be ok with it.

    Also, you're still talking about stuff that you are clueless about.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  6. #206
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    11,905

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Has Trump gotten rid of his unsecured cell phone yet or is he still using it to email "jkushner@aol.com"?

    < facepalm >

    Talk about not learning from others' mistakes. There needs to be consequences.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  7. #207
    Mr. Sanctimonious Gurtholfin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,703

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post

    Also, you're still talking about stuff that you are clueless about.

    And being a dick about it.
    Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

  8. #208

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,360

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Talk about not learning from others' mistakes. There needs to be consequences.
    He's never faced a consequence in his life. He started out with Wealthy Immunity, and now he has GOP Immunity.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,677

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This happened on Fox News Last Night.
    Well duh. Paul Ryan sold out the day after the election. He wants his tax cuts and his entitlement destruction and Trump is the man to get them!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #210

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,360

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Good article from a former supply sider-

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e0ef786f8415
    David Stockman came out more than a decade ago against supply-side and Reaganomics after having been one of the major architects. He utterly eviscerated the remaining supply-siders. Nobody with a brain is left on that side. It's just naked theft by people like the Kochs, their useful idiots like Ryan, Brownback, and Walker, and then about 50 million aged brainwashed Republican grandparents who lapped it up because Saint Ronnie Jesus said it.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-28-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  11. #211
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,744

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Let me use this analogy. Trying to start out farming, without that "head start" of having land would like trying to start a brewery, but if the brew kettles cost $10,000,000 to buy. Sure, you can rent a brew kettle, but there are only so many brew kettles in the world, and they're all being used, so rent would be very high. So high that you'd end up losing money on the beer that you brew.

    The reason farming is different is because of land, the actual dirt. There is only so much of it in the world that is tillable and productive. It is a very limited resource, so it is very expensive. If you don't have it, you can't farm, and if you aren't wealthy, you can't afford to buy it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  12. #212
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,099

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Well duh. Paul Ryan sold out the day after the election. He wants his tax cuts and his entitlement destruction and Trump is the man to get them!
    whenever I hear Ryan talk he sounds like a dumb *** trying real hard to pronounce all his "big words" right so that he can sound smarter than his dumb *** friends

  13. #213
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,099

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Let me use this analogy. Trying to start out farming, without that "head start" of having land would like trying to start a brewery, but if the brew kettles cost $10,000,000 to buy. Sure, you can rent a brew kettle, but there are only so many brew kettles in the world, and they're all being used, so rent would be very high. So high that you'd end up losing money on the beer that you brew.

    The reason farming is different is because of land, the actual dirt. There is only so much of it in the world that is tillable and productive. It is a very limited resource, so it is very expensive. If you don't have it, you can't farm, and if you aren't wealthy, you can't afford to buy it.

    first we have a government take over of farmland and protect it from development (this is a limited valuable resource, it shouldn't get converted into subdivisions because the developer/landowners can make a **** ton of money that way vs struggling with farming)
    then we lease it out cheap to people that want to farm it
    problem solved, anyone with the desire can get into farming -- you don't have to win the birth lottery

    (I'm not really being serious here. I'm okay with farming being a multi-generational family tradition. But I actually donate money to preserve farmland in Maine and also make it more affordable for people to get into farming, there are people out there that _really_ want to start farming but they didn't win the birth lottery -- it's better they end up with the land when an old farmer retires vs some developer or rich ******* that has no intention of farming the land)
    Last edited by BassAle; 09-28-2017 at 02:00 PM.

  14. #214

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    53,360

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Jesus.

    The Department of Homeland Security intends to monitor the social media accounts and internet search history of legal immigrants as part of a new tracking system set to roll out next month.

    The policy applies to not just immigration applicants, but also to naturalized U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. It goes into effect on Oct. 18, the same day that the latest iteration of President Donald Trumpís travel ban is set begin.

    First reported by BuzzFeed, the new rule was quietly published in the Federal Register last week. Itís an update to the Alien File, also known as an A-File, which is the official record-keeping system for an individual going through the immigration system. Until now, A-Files could be kept in either paper or electronic form. Now, the rule says, these records can be kept on paper, electronically or through some paper-electronic combination.

    And the information thatís now going to be kept in A-Files includes the country of nationality, country of residence, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service online account number, social media handles, aliases, associated identifiable information and search results.

    Itís unclear how DHS plans to collect social media handles and search results from people, although the rule does say it plans to ďexpand data elements used to retrieve records.Ē
    Wrapped in vapidity and carrying a mirror.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  15. #215
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    17,854
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    .
    The reason farming is different is because of land, the actual dirt. There is only so much of it in the world that is tillable and productive. It is a very limited resource, so it is very expensive. If you don't have it, you can't farm, and if you aren't wealthy, you can't afford to buy it.
    And by the same token, if you do have it, you are wealthy. You may not feel it because it's tied up in land that you don't want to sell, but that doesn't change the fact your family is sitting on tens of millions of dollars if you're worried about the estate tax.

  16. #216

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    20,696
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Has Trump gotten rid of his unsecured cell phone yet or is he still using it to email "jkushner@aol.com"?

    < facepalm >

    Talk about not learning from others' mistakes. There needs to be consequences.
    I dunno, give (917) 756-8000 a call and ask him yourself.

    (Also, Trump got that number when it was Cingular Wireless.)

  17. #217
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Let me use this analogy. Trying to start out farming, without that "head start" of having land would like trying to start a brewery, but if the brew kettles cost $10,000,000 to buy. Sure, you can rent a brew kettle, but there are only so many brew kettles in the world, and they're all being used, so rent would be very high. So high that you'd end up losing money on the beer that you brew.

    The reason farming is different is because of land, the actual dirt. There is only so much of it in the world that is tillable and productive. It is a very limited resource, so it is very expensive. If you don't have it, you can't farm, and if you aren't wealthy, you can't afford to buy it.
    Your missing the point, which is that your family has been entirely too good at farming. We don't want that. Now if you can manage to put the whole operation underwater in the next few years, you may be able to hold on by taking on the inherited debt yourself. Try being less productive for crissakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  18. #218
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    14,219

    Re: POTUS 45.20 - Doddering Dotards Dodging Detente

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    David Stockman came out more than a decade ago against supply-side and Reaganomics after having been one of the major architects. He utterly eviscerated the remaining supply-siders. Nobody with a brain is left on that side. It's just naked theft by people like the Kochs, their useful idiots like Ryan, Brownback, and Walker, and then about 50 million aged brainwashed Republican grandparents who lapped it up because Saint Ronnie Jesus said it.
    You know, I'm not even sure these people are on board anymore. I do recall back in the 80's and somewhat into the 90's (after Clinton's big tax increase on the wealthy) people making 15K a year arguing for top level tax cuts because that would grow the economy. Not sure anybody who isn't a member of Trump's country clubs actually believes that at this point. Its sorta how people have given up the ghost on deregulation. Does any working class slob really believe loosening financial industry regulations for example is a good idea, even if you are a Trump apostle?

    That's why this tax idea is in a bit more trouble than people think. Trump's bread and butter voters get zilch out of this. The rich get all the goodies. That's not why they elected the man, especially after Itch and Weasel Paul Ryan put their stink all over it.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  19. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    first we have a government take over of farmland and protect it from development (this is a limited valuable resource, it shouldn't get converted into subdivisions because the developer/landowners can make a **** ton of money that way vs struggling with farming)
    then we lease it out cheap to people that want to farm it
    problem solved, anyone with the desire can get into farming -- you don't have to win the birth lottery

    (I'm not really being serious here. I'm okay with farming being a multi-generational family tradition. But I actually donate money to preserve farmland in Maine and also make it more affordable for people to get into farming, there are people out there that _really_ want to start farming but they didn't win the birth lottery -- it's better they end up with the land when an old farmer retires vs some developer or rich ******* that has no intention of farming the land)
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the 'farmers' from away won the birth lottery. I agree with your point though, farmland is a natural resource that should be protected. It might not be quite as attractive as land on the water but it is every bit as valuable.

  20. #220
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    17,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Your missing the point, which is that your family has been entirely too good at farming. We don't want that. Now if you can manage to put the whole operation underwater in the next few years, you may be able to hold on by taking on the inherited debt yourself. Try being less productive for crissakes.
    And we're back to the "taxation is punishment" canard. Go back to the minor leagues with that shiat, meat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •