Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Hockey 2017-2018

Gentlemen,

A new thread to begin a NEW season, ground zero ahead for all teams to reach their potential with some triumphs, defeats while traversing the path to the post season.

Many of us have been waiting for the Coaches Poll and it has been released today!
    http://www.uscho.com/2017/09/26/atla...-17-18-season/

2017-18 season:

Points (First-place votes)
    1. Air Force 97 (8)
    2. Robert Morris 87 (2)
    3. Army 76
    4. RIT 70
    5. Canisius 65 (1)
    6. Holy Cross 58
    7. Mercyhurst 52
    8. Bentley 38
    9. American International 27
    10. Sacred Heart 20
    11. Niagara 15

Looking forward to some brave folks wading in with their thoughts on the season ahead.

Good luck to each and every team in Atlantic in this upcoming 2018-2019 season to remember......

Cheers,
    Blitz

P.S...As someone was gracious to point out I renamed the thread to Atlantic Hockey 2017-2018.

Re: Atlantic Hockey 2017-2018

For those who watch Atlantic Hockey on-line through the "stretch internet portal" the prices for this upcoming season is a day pass for US $10.99 or an all Atlantic Hockey all-season pass for US $104.99.

I recollect in past seasons there was the option of a single team pass, this upcoming season that seems to be eliminated as they have gone to two tier pricing.

In my travels I run across an even split between season pass holders and single game pass holders, which one do you subscribe to if any?

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
      For those who watch Atlantic Hockey on-line through the "stretch internet portal" the prices for this upcoming season is a day pass for US $10.99 or an all Atlantic Hockey all-season pass for US $104.99.

I recollect in past seasons there was the option of a single team pass, this upcoming season that seems to be eliminated as they have gone to two tier pricing.

In my travels I run across an even split between season pass holders and single game pass holders, which one do you subscribe to if any?
      I'm personally waiting to see if RIT updates their site first before purchasing, however given I now live in California, I buy the season pass.

Comment

Gentlemen,

A new thread to begin a NEW season, ground zero ahead for all teams to reach their potential with some triumphs, defeats while traversing the path to the post season.

Many of us have been waiting for the Coaches Poll and it has been released today!
        http://www.uscho.com/2017/09/26/atla...-17-18-season/

2017-18 season:

Points (First-place votes)
        1. Air Force 97 (8)
        2. Robert Morris 87 (2)
        3. Army 76
        4. RIT 70
        5. Canisius 65 (1)
        6. Holy Cross 58
        7. Mercyhurst 52
        8. Bentley 38
        9. American International 27
        10. Sacred Heart 20
        11. Niagara 15

Looking forward to some brave folks wading in with their thoughts on the season ahead.

Good luck to each and every team in Atlantic in this upcoming 2018-2019 season to remember......

Cheers,
        Blitz

P.S...As someone was gracious to point out I renamed the thread to Atlantic Hockey 2017-2018.
        Did Holy Cross lose a large senior class? Sixth just seems a little low. Also, I see Army finishing lower than third. Fifth maybe. And swap Niagara with Sacred Heart.

Nevermind AIC. I can't formulate an unbiased thought about the Yellow Jackets.

Comment

A spackling of exhibition games over the weekend in Atlantic Hockey.

An interesting one to me is the Niagara versus Colgate on Sunday September 30th, did anyone watch the game who can give some highlights. While many would consider the score to be fairly wide at 5 to 1 in Colgate’s favor, in looking at the box score the shot totals were very close at 33 to 32. That single shot can be written away in terms of Colgate having an extra man advantage. Exhibition games are in reflection just a practice run to stretch legs and dial in some rookies & line combinations, however with Niagara having a new coach on board I can see Niagara being a lot more competitive this upcoming season and that may surprise quite a few.

Robert Morris defeated Ottawa 5 to 1, outshooting their opponent by a margin of 31 to 23. Nice start to a new season with high hopes of taking the league crown.

Holy Cross looks to have lost a tough one in overtime by a single digit to Carlton University 5 to 4, no details or game card on this one however for an exhibition tune-up game a good contest to try out some rookies and prepare for the long season ahead. Carlton was going into their 3rd contest of the pre-season while I believe it was Holy Cross’ 1st exhibition contest.

Sacred Heart looks to have lost by a larger margin to the same Carlton University club 5 to 2, shots are very close however with Carlton having the advantage 27 to 23. Carlton was going into their 4th contest of the pre-season while I believe it was Sacred Heart’s 1st exhibition contest. It is likely Carlton is down to their final roster in readiness of the upcoming season, Sacred Heart being their first pre-season is likely playing their freshmen and trying new line combinations.

It takes about 10 games to get things all ramped up, but still entertaining seeing all the new player additions which will become key cogs in the years ahead.
          Last edited by Blitz; 10-02-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Just read the season previews and everyone is returning scorers. Should make for an interesting season with the 3 all league goalies graduated.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Interestingly enough Sacred Heart finds themselves in the unusual place of having graduated 10 players with 20 GP or more games last season with a combined 56 goals, 79 assists & 135 points. No other team in Atlantic Hockey has lost more than 25 goals for, 34 assists & 59 points. Sacred Heart has lost more than double their nearest rival if my numbers are correct.

Danforth (37GP, 32 Pts), (37GP, 30 Pts), Jasper(37GP, 21 Pts), Nylen (37GP, 19 Pts), Carroll (37GP, 12 Pts), Doerksen (37GP, 10 Pts), Lotito (33GP, 3 Pts), Hansen (32GP, 5 Pts), Doherty (25GP, 3 Pts), Spencer Graboski (20GP, 0 Pts).

It’s a substantial amount of offensive production to make up in a single season.

Comment

Looking at game sheets only, gives others a chance to wade in with more detailed perspectives.

Can anyone comment on the Robert Morris versus Niagara game, looking at the game card it indicates that Niagara dressed 11 forwards and filled in the remaining forward with a defenseman? With Niagara having a new coach in charge, and knowing a few players on the team, the conference will be much tougher this season seeing Niagara has underachieved for the talent they possess.

Canisius played all three goaltenders in the game versus Ryerson, good time to have a look at all three in action in an exhibition contest. Canisius played 1 additional forward and 1 additional defenseman, with losing only 3 players due to graduation it likely means Canisius is only needing to tinker a bit for their final roster, while nailing down that coveted goaltender position.

Mercyhurst played a full 5 full forward lines with 2 additional defensemen numbering 8 total, utilized a single goaltender. Quite a bit of penalty minutes with Ryerson 9/34 PIMS & Mercyhurst 11/38 PIMS.

RIT played 1 additional forward with 1 additional defensemen. Brock utilized 2 goaltenders while RIT managed to get game time for three goaltenders.

Interesting how different teams utilized their exhibition game to get their teams ready for the regular season. Some went basically regular bodies to get each player maximum ice to have a real good idea of the tools they each bring to the table, others used so many players it seems more about getting everyone into the lineup more than anything else.

While to me a single exhibition game seems extremely small for preparing your team for the regular season, some teams do not even partake of that single game. Is there a reason for not partaking in an exhibition contest, I notice about half the teams in Atlantic Hockey do not?

Comment

Looking at game sheets only, gives others a chance to wade in with more detailed perspectives.

Can anyone comment on the Robert Morris versus Niagara game, looking at the game card it indicates that Niagara dressed 11 forwards and filled in the remaining forward with a defenseman? With Niagara having a new coach in charge, and knowing a few players on the team, the conference will be much tougher this season seeing Niagara has underachieved for the talent they possess.

Canisius played all three goaltenders in the game versus Ryerson, good time to have a look at all three in action in an exhibition contest. Canisius played 1 additional forward and 1 additional defenseman, with losing only 3 players due to graduation it likely means Canisius is only needing to tinker a bit for their final roster, while nailing down that coveted goaltender position.

Mercyhurst played a full 5 full forward lines with 2 additional defensemen numbering 8 total, utilized a single goaltender. Quite a bit of penalty minutes with Ryerson 9/34 PIMS & Mercyhurst 11/38 PIMS.

RIT played 1 additional forward with 1 additional defensemen. Brock utilized 2 goaltenders while RIT managed to get game time for three goaltenders.

Interesting how different teams utilized their exhibition game to get their teams ready for the regular season. Some went basically regular bodies to get each player maximum ice to have a real good idea of the tools they each bring to the table, others used so many players it seems more about getting everyone into the lineup more than anything else.

While to me a single exhibition game seems extremely small for preparing your team for the regular season, some teams do not even partake of that single game. Is there a reason for not partaking in an exhibition contest, I notice about half the teams in Atlantic Hockey do not?
                  A lot of violence and injuries to HEA players in exhibition games last year, a good reason to forego pre-season games against goon teams from Canada.

Comment

Fancy new trophy for the conference: http://atlantichockeyonline.com/news...on-trophy.aspx
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                      Fancy new trophy for the conference: http://atlantichockeyonline.com/news...on-trophy.aspx
                      Finally we're a little less beer league.
                      RIT

Comment

Solid start to the OOC record. Need to keep it up and with the quality of the top teams in the conference I see no reason why the record won't be at least somewhat reasonable.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Huge win by Sacred Heart over #5 Notre Dame last night!
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                            Huge win by Sacred Heart over #5 Notre Dame last night!
                            NICC overmatched by an Atlantic Hockey team that lost over 80% of its scoring to graduation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              NICC overmatched by an Atlantic Hockey team that lost over 80% of its scoring to graduation.
                              UConn and Notre Dame. Well done, Sacred Heart!

Comment

Working...
                              X