Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: Colgate 2017-2018

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    62

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    "....They’ve helped establish Colgate as a program of renown on the national scene, and they’re changing the conversation in terms of recruiting...."

    USCHO: This week in women’s D-I: Colgate continues to reach milestones

    http://www.uscho.com/2018/03/07/this...ch-milestones/
    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-08-2018 at 08:09 AM.

  2. #82
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,814

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    I'm curious if you can do a points per line tabulation, I'm curious about your scoring depth vs UW's.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    62

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'm curious if you can do a points per line tabulation, I'm curious about your scoring depth vs UW's.
    I don't know if you can extrapolate from any of the info on this page or any of the other statistics pages.

    http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/cume...spx?path=whock

    The list of the top 10 players ( on the page labeled "Individual" ) with at least 20 points ytd is often cited as highlighting the unusual breadth of 'Gate offense and scoring. These players are obviously spread around in more than 1 line. 2 of the 10 are D players.

    I hope this helps
    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 03-12-2018 at 10:33 AM.

  4. #84
    Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,186
    Epic win over Wisconsin in the semis. Good luck to the Lady Raiders today as they face Clarkson.. Bring home the National Championship ladies! 🏒

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    22

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered (I didn't read through the whole thread), but I kept wondering about this at the game on Friday.

    Is there some reason that a female Colgate coach holds a male coach's arm when she walks from the locker room to the bench? I thought maybe she had slippery shoes or a medical condition that made her unsteady, but she didn't hold it when she walked from the bench to the locker room. This occurred throughout the game (five entrances and exits.)

    For whatever reason, I was fixated on this.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered (I didn't read through the whole thread), but I kept wondering about this at the game on Friday.

    Is there some reason that a female Colgate coach holds a male coach's arm when she walks from the locker room to the bench? I thought maybe she had slippery shoes or a medical condition that made her unsteady, but she didn't hold it when she walked from the bench to the locker room. This occurred throughout the game (five entrances and exits.)

    For whatever reason, I was fixated on this.
    It's pretty simple really. At the beginning of every period the ice is fresh clean and very slippery, so assistance crossing the ice is pretty smart. At the end of every period the ice is full of snow and not slippery so no assistance is needed. Not that big of a mystery.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    22

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Or she could wear different shoes, since this is recurrent issue.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Much to be proud of at Colgate this season!! I met Greg Fargo once when he was at Elmira and felt he was going to be a great D1 coach someday - it came far quicker then I expected. Congratulations to the coaches and girls!!

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR View Post
    Or she could wear different shoes, since this is recurrent issue.
    Or she can continue to do whatever the heck she wants to.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,494

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    My congrats to Colgate team and coaches. A heck of a weekend in Minnesota. You should be proud of the effort you put forward. Tough way to lose.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  11. #91
    Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,186

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Congratulations to the Lady Raiders. What you have achieved in such a short time is phenominal. You have made the entire Colgate community proud. Your work ethic, consistent effort, and sportsmanship are to be applauded and should serve as a model for all sports teams at "Gate." This is a team and season that will never be forgotten. Kudos and thank you to the seniors for all your contributions.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Great job Nick, Trevor, Tyler, Henry, Paul, Josh, Nick and Evan"

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    959

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Just wanted to add my congrats to the Raiders for blossoming, and becoming a national power "over night". Whomever said that Hamilton and Utica are the center of women's hockey, I love the enthusiasm, even if it lacks truth........as much as I love seeing the eastward movement of the NC, I still have to respect Minnesota as the center of hockey in the US, on all levels of the game........everyone has their own rink in the backyard!!
    FWIW, on the shoe issue, after a decade of watching the women's game, come Game Day, fashion is THE priority coming to and fro the rink......c'est la vie....

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by zoofer View Post
    Just wanted to add my congrats to the Raiders for blossoming, and becoming a national power "over night". Whomever said that Hamilton and Utica are the center of women's hockey, I love the enthusiasm, even if it lacks truth........as much as I love seeing the eastward movement of the NC, I still have to respect Minnesota as the center of hockey in the US, on all levels of the game........everyone has their own rink in the backyard!!
    FWIW, on the shoe issue, after a decade of watching the women's game, come Game Day, fashion is THE priority coming to and fro the rink......c'est la vie....
    Who said Utica is the center of women's hockey?

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by rochnycsc View Post
    Who said Utica is the center of women's hockey?
    Ithaca, maybe along with Potsdam, Hamilton and Canton...a lot of backyard rinks in this area too...

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    62

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Class of '22 Recruiting Class


    https://twitter.com/i/moments/984461893745217536
    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 04-22-2018 at 11:09 AM.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    20

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Unless Colgate starts their season in late September, they will be on the road the first weekend in October to start the 2018-19 season vs. Ohio State....great earlier test!

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    62

    Re: Colgate 2017-2018

    Quote Originally Posted by WH Fan View Post
    Unless Colgate starts their season in late September, they will be on the road the first weekend in October to start the 2018-19 season vs. Ohio State....great earlier test!
    2018-19 schedule: https://gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?path=whock

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •