Colgate 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2017-2018

Nice win today. 3-0 over number 5 Northeastern. 4 shutouts in a row to start the season including a Canadian scrimmage.

Comment

Colgate is #1 in the PWR. They remind me of the 1932 football team, Unbeaten, Untied, and UNSCORED upon !!
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
        Nice win today. 3-0 over number 5 Northeastern. 4 shutouts in a row to start the season including a Canadian scrimmage.
        That's great. I wonder how they would do in a power conference like the CHA?

Comment

Probably would do ok but Lindenwood could give them a problem..

Auby just lost her 4th straight shut out to start the season with a minute to go in the 2nd of today's game. A pretty remarkable streak and it gave the Raiders a great jump start for 2017-18.

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
            That's great. I wonder how they would do in a power conference like the CHA?
            Ha SHADEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Congrats #5 in the polls. PWR #1
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Ha SHADEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

A Fork in the road this weekend in the North Country.

Colgate is in the third year of a major performance turnaround, accompanied by the opening of the new $ 38 mill. arena and increasing success in recruiting top student-athletes within and outside North America. What has been proven to this point is that they belong in the 4 to 6 team cluster that makes up the upper half of the ECAC. They've been projected as # 4 in the ECAC pre-season poll. To gain elite status, however, the Raiders will have to start routinely beating some of the teams that they're not expected to beat. This weekend in the North Country is such an opportunity.

A split this weekend is both a realistic and desired outcome, from my perspective. Knocking off the defending National Champion, # 2 Clarkson on Friday night is probably a bit of a stretch for the #5 Raiders right now, imho.. But, playing them very tough Friday night may get the Raiders' blood pumping and spirits rising high enough that come Saturday they could knock off # 7 St. Lawrence ( this week, tied with # 7 Northeastern ).

What more could you ask for....on the road in the North Country as the #5 ranked team in the country ( and # 1 in Pairwise and the R.P.I. ) ???
                  Last edited by Raider Archivist; 10-26-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                    What more could you ask for....on the road in the North Country as the #5 ranked team in the country ( and # 1 in Pairwise and the R.P.I. ) ???
                    A sweep? If you're going to ask, then you may as well ask for what you really want. The hockey gods can always say, "No."
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                      What more could you ask for....on the road in the North Country as the #5 ranked team in the country ( and # 1 in Pairwise and the R.P.I. )[/B][/B] ???

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      A sweep? If you're going to ask, then you may as well ask for what you really want. The hockey gods can always say, "No."
                      I agree with your positive affirmation, ARM. In addition to Clarkson and St. Lawrence this weekend, Colgate plays Princeton and Quinnipiac at home the following weekend. These four opponents ( plus Cornell ) represent the teams, along with 'gate, that comprised that upper echelon of the ECAC last year. Colgate was having a great year beating the ones they should. But, just couldn't crack these elite teams. I've chronicled this 3 year turnaround via the Colgate sports board ( link below ). I had a sixth sense, that rhis turnaround had legs,...so I compulsively documented the progress week by week. ( I've never done anything like the before. ) So, despite sharing your positive affirmation about the sweep, I've become a dilettante and am very cautious in plotting how, step-by-step, Colgate gets to the next level this year. A sweep will be nice. A split on the road with these guys will suffice. A goose egg will throw my forecasting off.

Check out the three year turnaround.
                      https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/colg...round-t23.html
                      Last edited by Raider Archivist; 10-25-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

THE TURNAROUND OF THE COLGATE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PROGRAM

I started chronicling the turnaround of this team on Dec. 20, 2015 on the Colgate Sports Board. Because of the youth of this team, I just kept chronicling it based on my feeling that the best was yet to come. Still feel that way.

LINK TO THE "TURNAROUND" STORY:

Last edited by Raider Archivist; 10-25-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
                          THE TURNAROUND OF THE COLGATE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PROGRAM

I started chronicling the turnaround of this team on Dec. 20, 2015 on the Colgate Sports Board. Because of the youth of this team, I just kept chronicling it based on my feeling that the best was yet to come. Still feel that way.

LINK TO THE "TURNAROUND" STORY:

They just mentioned the Colgate turnaround in the broadcast of the UNH @ NU game. Your ladies are definitely turning some heads nationally. Hopefully they'll wait until Saturday to make their national statement.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

# 5 Colgate 4 #2 Clarkson 3

Comment

And a beautiful win it was! They played with complete confidence while getting stronger as the game went on. We have to be sure not to let down tomorrow night and the reward will be our
                              highest ranking ever on Monday.

Comment

Congratulations to your ladies on a well played win last night.
                                Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                                10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                                5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                                21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                                ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                                ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                                7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                                National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X