Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Holy moly. NCAA drops the UNC investigation after they couldn't prove academic fraud.
    Good God.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Yet you rank them
      That's within the region. NY has nothing to do with it. I rank them because I lived there, and because it's irresistible to trigger the defensiveness and inferiority of Bostonians by pointing out they are defensive and inferior.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I haven't followed the UNC problem too closely, but I know there is some sort of issue over jurisdiction. It's kind of like the Dallas Carter football team problem from a number of years ago that was the subject of an ESPN documentary. It comes down to who has jurisdiction (the right to decide) over the issue. In the Dallas Carter case, it was a question as to whether the school itself had a right to decide what grade a student received, or whether the Board of Education had that right.

Might be a similar problem here where the school gets to decide what types of classes are offered and how they are graded, etc..., rather than the NCAA. The NCAA can step in when you have agents bribing coaches or players, etc...
        This isnt about Jurisdiction, though the NCAA tried to slough it off that way originally. Players remained eligible by taking classes that never existed and the school knew about it. Hell the school let "real" students take the courses too and get fake grades. This is unprecedented academic fraud. The school should lose accreditation over this and that isnt hyperbole. (not to mention it can also be fraud since I am sure many got federal aid to fake their way through)

Look I was at Minnesota when their scandal hit and at the time it was one of the worst ever. This dwarfs it by about 200%. (we are talking decades here) The U lost their flipping Final Four banner over that. NC won at least 2 if not 3 National Titles playing guys who had no business being on the court. I have never openly advocated for the U to put the banner back up but now I am. In fact, any school that has had anything taken away over academic issues should reinstate them in their official records and flip the bird to the NCAA.

The NCAA for all intents and purposes just decertified themselves by saying they cant prove this. The tutors provided evidence, the school admitted the classes went on and that athletes took them.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

BTW part of the reason they got nothing was because the NCAA figured if regular students could take the courses there was no unfair benefits to players. So if you are a booster now and you want to pay the players, just pay some random students as well as long as everyone has access the NCAA doesnt have the balls to act on it.

This is why I only watch my team play. The NCAA is a joke.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            BTW part of the reason they got nothing was because the NCAA figured if regular students could take the courses there was no unfair benefits to players. So if you are a booster now and you want to pay the players, just pay some random students as well as long as everyone has access the NCAA doesnt have the balls to act on it.

And don't kid yourself. Every SEC booster will be outside the student gate with a stack of Benjamins.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And i want someone to ask the NCAA how they didn't benefit when some of those players have said that without those classes..they aren't eligible.
              If that's not benefiting...i don't know what is.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                And i want someone to ask the NCAA how they didn't benefit when some of those players have said that without those classes..they aren't eligible.
                If that's not benefiting...i don't know what is.
                Oh they benefited but the NCAA only cares if ONLY the players benefit.

That is the loophole...originally the NCAA wasnt going to look into this at all literally because of that. They said it wasnt their job.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That is the loophole...originally the NCAA wasnt going to look into this at all literally because of that. They said it wasnt their job.
                  That's where Minnesota screwed up...should have just had Jan Gangelhoff write papers for some regular students too...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Then honestly....the NCAA shouldn't exist if this isn't their job.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      That's where Minnesota screwed up...should have just had Jan Gangelhoff write papers for some regular students too...
                      It would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

You know what is next Adidas will start paying normal students to go to specific colleges. That will shield them from this crap.

Why should we be surprised by this though. The NCAA had tape of Oregon's coach talking about how third parties got athletes to play for him and they did nothing to him. The NCAA stopped caring a long time ago...

The next little school that does anything wrong though will go down hard though so the NCAA can pretend they have power.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Last edited by Handyman; 10-13-2017, 01:41 PM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nice Planet out of ya, NCAA.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You should see the papers the tutors who blew the whistle shared. My 4 year old daughter could write better and I dont have a daughter...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That grammar.....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X