Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Hearing as many as 50 schools could be implicated, and that this isn't Northwest Soybean Field State trying to buy their way into the dance, it's the big dogs trying to stay there.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Hearing as many as 50 schools could be implicated, and that this isn't Northwest Soybean Field State trying to buy their way into the dance, it's the big dogs trying to stay there.
      For god sake, it's all of them. Who doesn't know this?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah the article mentions that...who would have thought it was the agents for the shoe companies that would be the ones to take down the blue bloods.

UNC better hope their name doesnt come up because the NCAA will retroactively rape them after the crap they took for the cheating scandal. Would be great to watch Ol Roy try and aw shucks his way through that

My guess is the Pac-12 and Big East get hit the hardest with the Big Ten and ACC not far behind.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I guess this isn't the NCAA calling the shots but seeing as UNC got nothing for outright fraud I'm guessing a few teams get told they suck and thats about it
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I liked this line, "A source who has been briefed on the case laughed: 'You might see Tennessee-Chattanooga as a No. 2 seed.'"
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I liked this line, "A source who has been briefed on the case laughed: 'You might see Tennessee-Chattanooga as a No. 2 seed.'"
              No way anything drops before the tournament. Nobody messes with that particular gravy train.

The intense part's going to be after the tournament, when the winner gets to set the record for fastest to vacate a championship (if they're lucky.)
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

You are 100% correct. The NCAA derives something like 90% of its revenue through that. Though, that money is already on contract through TV. The NCAA could give a ****. I mean, not really but you know what I mean.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No way anything drops before the tournament. Nobody messes with that particular gravy train.

The intense part's going to be after the tournament, when the winner gets to set the record for fastest to vacate a championship (if they're lucky.)
                  Ncaa didn't make UNC vacate, why start now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I see this ending up as nothing...
                    The NCAA just doesn't care what the big boys do...Just so long as the money keeps a rollin.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Uh. You know the FBI isn’t the ncaa, right?
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Uh. You know the FBI isn’t the ncaa, right?
                        Yeah...i still don't think the NCAA itself will do anything.
                        The FBI may take out people involved but I don't know if they can shut down programs...and i don't expect the NCAA to do it.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Shutdown, no. But they can cripple a program pretty quickly by indicting entire administrations and athletic departments.
                          Code:

Comment

Northwestern goes up 27 on #1 MSU. Then goes on to be Northwestern and scores 11 in the second half on 7% shooting to lose by 5.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

11... in a half!?!
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                Yeah...i still don't think the NCAA itself will do anything.
                                The FBI may take out people involved but I don't know if they can shut down programs...and i don't expect the NCAA to do it.
                                If the FBI finds they broke the law you bet your *** they will act. The NCAA isn't going to go against the DOJ to protect anyone.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X