Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

I totally stole that from Deadspin. (OK, maybe I phrased it better.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      I totally stole that from Deadspin. (OK, maybe I phrased it better.)
      Shhhh, take the credit!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Srsly. That was the single greatest post in Cafe history which has 774,162 posts.

Take a bow, you son of a b-tch.
        Didn't the South want the slaves to count 1:1, while the North was against that due to the overwhelming advantage that would give the South in the House?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          It's Alabama so they really can't complain about a 3/5 compromise.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHfPN2SC1I
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Didn't the South want the slaves to count 1:1, while the North was against that due to the overwhelming advantage that would give the South in the House?
            Who cares? Jesus man learn what a joke is...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Who cares? Jesus man learn what a joke is...
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Ben Swain @TheBenSwain
                1m
                UNC’s 2017 football winning percentage was higher than tonight’s shooting percentage
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  AL would have preferred to have all 5 players, too. In each case 3/5 is a compromise they shouldn't complain about.

The tragedy of the Constitution isn't that slaves counted for 3/5. It's that THEY WERE F-CKING SLAVES.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    AL would have preferred to have all 5 players, too. In each case 3/5 is a compromise they shouldn't complain about.

The tragedy of the Constitution isn't that slaves counted for 3/5. It's that THEY WERE F-CKING SLAVES.
                    20/20 hindsight is always correct. In 1787, slavery was accepted, women couldn't vote, Catholics could not hold elective office in a number of states, Indians were treated worse than dogs, gays were persecuted, indentured servants were everywhere, rising above your birth economic or social cast was almost unheard of. Marriage happened in the early-mid teen years. The lash was a form of discipline. Hangings were accepted.

That's who we were. Wishing it wasn't isn't going to change the past.

Understanding the time and the place, as JFK put it, helps you view the situation through their eyes, not the rose colored glasses of the current generation.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      20/20 hindsight is always correct. In 1787, slavery was accepted, women couldn't vote, Catholics could not hold elective office in a number of states, Indians were treated worse than dogs, gays were persecuted, indentured servants were everywhere, rising above your birth economic or social cast was almost unheard of. Marriage happened in the early-mid teen years. The lash was a form of discipline. Hangings were accepted.

That's who we were. Wishing it wasn't isn't going to change the past.

Understanding the time and the place, as JFK put it, helps you view the situation through their eyes, not the rose colored glasses of the current generation.
                      What you are saying is entirely correct and utterly irrelevant.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You guys must be a blast at parties...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          You guys must be a blast at parties...
                          I can't speak for joe, but I'm capable of dumbing it down to stay with the slow ones, too.

God made alcohol to make other people tolerable.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I can't speak for joe, but I'm capable of dumbing it down to stay with the slow ones, too.

God made alcohol to make other people tolerable.
                            Sometimes me drinking alcohol makes *me* tolerable.

Comment

Y'all either need to connect the slave talk to NCAA athletes living on ramen and sawdust while coaches makes milllions or move it along to a different thread.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Ugh. Tough day to be a B1G fan. The Gophs were pretty bad (even tho shorthanded)...but few teams did us any favors in the B1G ACC challenge.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X