Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

(3)Nova @ (4)Xavier 5 mins into the 1st half. On Fox.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      If the FBI finds they broke the law you bet your *** they will act. The NCAA isn't going to go against the DOJ to protect anyone.
      Fine...breaking the law doesn't shut down programs. And I'm sorry but the NCAA has no balls.
      I dont trust them to stop the money train...DOJ or not.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Fine...breaking the law doesn't shut down programs. And I'm sorry but the NCAA has no balls.
        I dont trust them to stop the money train...DOJ or not.
        You mean like with Louisville?

This is out of the NCAAs hands. The schools themselves will fall on the sword to avoid worse fates.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You mean like with Louisville?

This is out of the NCAAs hands. The schools themselves will fall on the sword to avoid worse fates.
          We shall see.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

At this point, I don't see change coming....

Yes, some coach's careers will end along with some ADs and administrators. But new people will replace them. And the standing order will be "keep revenue up, but don't get caught this time".
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Rick Pitino is hoping like hell Louisville fights to save HIS national title.

It's HIS national title. Apparently, the players had nothing to do with it.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

You're going to have to provide some context for that...
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  You're going to have to provide some context for that...
                  https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-pitino...221808929.html
                  My apologies; was misled by the article's description. He does credit the players.
                  Last edited by MissThundercat; 02-21-2018, 04:37 PM.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Ka-Ching!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...103338484.html
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      There’s potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools."
                      Originally posted by Mark Emmert
                      These allegations, if true, point to systematic failures that must be fixed and fixed now if we want college sports in America. Simply put, people who engage in this kind of behavior have no place in college sports. They are an affront to all those who play by the rules,” the statement read. “Following the Southern District of New York’s indictments last year, the NCAA Board of Governors and I formed the independent Commission on College Basketball, chaired by Condoleezza Rice, to provide recommendations on how to clean up the sport. With these latest allegations, it’s clear this work is more important now than ever. The Board and I are completely committed to making transformational changes to the game and ensuring all involved in college basketball do so with integrity. We also will continue to cooperate with the efforts of federal prosecutors to identify and punish the unscrupulous parties seeking to exploit the system through criminal acts.”
                      Here is the ****ing part:

Dennis Smith, who would go on to play at North Carolina State in 2016-17, received $43,500 according to the documents. Another document headed “Pina,” for ASM agent Stephen Pina, says Smith received a total of $73,500 in loans, and includes notes about “options to recoup the money” when Smith did not sign with ASM.

Isaiah Whitehead, at the time a freshman at Seton Hall, received $26,136 according to the documents. The “Pina” document says Whitehead received $37,657 and was “setting up payment plan.” Whitehead signed with ASM but later left the agency for Roc Nation.

Tim Quarterman, at the time a junior at LSU, received at least $16,000 according to the balance sheet.

Diamond Stone, at the time a freshman at Maryland, received $14,303 according to the documents.

A listing that refers to “BAM” for $12,000 is later identified in the documents as Edrice “Bam” Adebayo, who would go on to play at Kentucky in 2016-17. He did not sign with ASM. There’s a later reference to Adebayo that says he received $36,500. “Bad loan,” reads the document.

Markelle Fultz, who would go on to play at Washington and become the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, received $10,000 according to the documents. He did not sign with ASM.

Current USC player Bennie Boatwright and/or his father, Bennie Sr. (According to documents, they received at least $2,000.)

Current USC player Chimezie Metu and/or adviser, Johnnie Parker. (According to documents, they received $2,000.)

Current Texas player Eric Davis. (According to documents, he received $1,500.)

Current South Carolina player Brian Bowen, who was ensnared in the initial federal investigation and started his career at Louisville last fall until the school withheld him from competition. His father, Brian Sr., also received money, according to the documents. (Dawkins’ expense reports also list more than $1,500 in plane tickets for Bowen, his father and his mother. He and his family received at least $7,000 in benefits, according to the documents.)

Former Utah star Kyle Kuzma received at least $9,500 while in school, according to the documents.

Former South Carolina player P.J. Dozier received at least $6,115 while in school, according to the documents.

Former Xavier player Edmond Sumner and/or his father, Ernest. Documents show they received at least $7,000 in advances while Edmond was in school.

Former Wichita State player Fred VanVleet. Documents show he received at least $1,000.

Former Clemson player Jaron Blossomgame received a payment by Venmo while in school for $1,100 according to the documents.

Apples Jones, the mother of former Kansas player Josh Jackson, received $2,700 according to documents.
                      Also says Miles Bridges' mother got hundreds of dollars in advances. Michigan State sucks. Oh and Dawkins had dinner with Izzo as well...have fun in retirement fraud.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 02-23-2018, 10:42 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Here is the ****ing part:

Also says Miles Bridges' mother got hundreds of dollars in advances. Michigan State sucks. Oh and Dawkins had dinner with Izzo as well...have fun in retirement fraud.
                        Weird, I’m shocked, SHOCKED, to see so many of these schools involved. Also, **** Iowa State.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Weird, I’m shocked, SHOCKED, to see so many of these schools involved. Also, **** Iowa State.
                          The thing is, nothing in that article said the schools were involved. Players at those schools were, but there was nothing indicating the schools/coaches were a part of it. Not saying they weren't, but so far all they have shown is agents trying to sign kids early with bribes.

Comment

Another thing that's weird. Take a look at the accounting records. Some of the headings at the top of the page are in Spanish.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This is going to end up like the 2000s-era Tour de France, where you can pick any given year and the top 10 or so finishers all ended up disqualified.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Remember UNC and their academic scandal? The NCAA is a joke. I hope the FBI comes full force on this.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X