Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Nice way to start the season:

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/college...ruption-scheme

http://m.tmz.com/#2017/09/26/adidas-...-ncaa-arrests/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: College Hoops 2017. Hoosier Daddy? Wildcat strike? The Butler did it?

Unfortunately none of them qualify for the hoops version of the Fulmer Cup, but athletes may be charged so there's still hope.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-26-2017, 09:53 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And the NCAA will probably do nothing
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Louisville is implicated. For a mere $100K, a recruit was induced to attend Louisville via Adidas wiring money to a 3rd party who then paid cash to parents.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Louisville is implicated. For a mere $100K, a recruit was induced to attend Louisville via Adidas wiring money to a 3rd party who then paid cash to parents.
          Louisville just got done getting hammered for paying hookers for recruits. That's suboptimal Southwest Conference ****.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Whoa. The school being involved is one thing, but is this the first time we have evidence of a company being involved?

Can the NCAA levy penalties against adidas?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Whoa. The school being involved is one thing, but is this the first time we have evidence of a company being involved?

Can the NCAA levy penalties against adidas?
              If Adidas is a corporate sponsor, I suppose the NCAA could sever it's ties. Some high principled college presidents may tell their AD to sever their relationship.

But once you become attached to corporate money, it is difficult to do the divorce.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's basically Adidas or Nike apparel for almost every university.

Edit: There's also Under Armour, but I think they're a distant 3rd and playing catchup.
                Last edited by bronconick; 09-26-2017, 07:37 PM.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Yeah, but when the vendor is undermining the entire sport? The NCAA would be insane to not have clauses like that.

There are also good behavior clauses that allow many sponsors to get out of contracts. Again, the NCAA would be insane to not have that clause in there.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Yeah, but when the vendor is undermining the entire sport? The NCAA would be insane to not have clauses like that.

There are also good behavior clauses that allow many sponsors to get out of contracts. Again, the NCAA would be insane to not have that clause in there.
                    That's 100% up to the schools. The NCAA is the League of Nations in this scenario.

Comment

Pitino gone??
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Pitino gone??
                        I don't think the Mickey the Dunce routine will work again.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

AD Jurich has been fired. Pitino says he expects to be fired

Edit:

His contract says he has to be given a 10-day notice of intent to fire after a vote by the athletic board of directors, and has to be given the opportunity to present evidence.
                          So, give it a couple of weeks

Comment

Pitino gone??
                            Yes. 1 pm presser. Pitino and the AD have both been clipped and will not attend.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              I don't think the Mickey the Dunce routine will work again.
                              I thought that was Calipari at UMass? What is Pitino's "Mickey the Dunce"?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X