Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2017-18

Happy Colgate Day!

Tonight's game is on ESPN3, for those of you who are interested. Of course, I'll be making the drive up to Durham later this afternoon - my first time there since that ugly football playoff loss in 2005.

Go 'Gate!
    Colgate '09

Comment

Point didn't make the trip to UNH? (According to the Espn announcers) anyone know why?

Comment

Groan

Heard Point was sick; that's why he didn't make trip. Gotta turn it around tomorrow night.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

That was tough to watch.

Comment

Why isn't Point even mentioned on the Colgate recap ? Makes me wonder what's really going on. If he's sick, why isn't it mentioned anywhere ? Did Gate Radio mention anything last night ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I was at the game last night. I was surprised to see Bruce Racine take the ice first, then concerned when I noticed that Point didn't dress. Thankfully based on one of the previous posts it was illness and not injury - however - Colton was ill for about 6 weeks last season, so I'm a bit worried that it could be the same thing as a year ago. This would not be good for us.

Now as far as last night's game went - the 2nd period did us in. And don't even get started on the 3rd goal - Racine was out of position and the UNH goal scorer practically had an open net to shoot at. Just put last night behind us and focus on tonight.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Why isn't Point even mentioned on the Colgate recap ? Makes me wonder what's really going on. If he's sick, why isn't it mentioned anywhere ? Did Gate Radio mention anything last night ?
                The UNH TV guys mentioned it during the game.

Comment

Point was hit in practice by another player...complained of headaches and therefore went thru the concussion protocol. Therefore, four days out of playing no matter what. Heard he's fine now.

Comment

We look better tonight.....Still look a little sluggish, but some nice "ugly play" in front. Without point I think it will be a tough season. Hopefully he is alright

Comment

4-3 then an open netter with two seconds left. Obv we played better, wonder with Point how we would of fared ?
                      Just got off the UNH thread...they said we hit the crossbar twice and missed some wide open empty nets
                      Last edited by sshablak; 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Playing from behind will not be our strength this season. Glad we fared better and made a decent game of it. Everyone take a screenshot on your phone of the women's PWR this morning Would think more than a student or two would actually come and watch them play. Soft SCSU team, better N'eastern team...hope the trend continues against the Clarksons and Wisconsins of the hockey elite. Great start for the Lady Raiders.
                        Last edited by TchrBill; 10-15-2017, 09:41 AM.
                        C O L G A T E
                        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                        1990 NCAA FINALS
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Girls #1 PWR #5 USCHO

Comment

Saw the 3rd period on Saturday. Tough to be down, but I thought we played alright. Drew a few penalties with some aggressive play, though we couldn't really convert on the PP. UNH looks like they might be a solid team this season, so hopefully these losses don't look too bad down the road.
                            ECAC Champions: 1990
                            NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                            ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                            NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                            Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Iowa Traveler has yet to report in with his take on the weekend's games. I believe he was to attend both.

Comment

Anyone know much about Canisius? Where is Vic with the Pick the Standings contest?
                                Last edited by ColSkate65; 10-19-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X