Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by drshoen View Post
    Not that it'll help this season but - from Owego, I've always taken Rt. 12 up from Binghamton through Norwich, then 12B in Sherburne. It avoids most of the worst hills/curves, and 12 is pretty well traveled so usually clearer than the other non-interstate roads.
    Thanks. I totally agree with your logic. If things are the least bit ‘iffy,’ that is the way I come home (always slowing down to under-the-speed-limit in Oxford). On the way north, I usually leave myself time and take twisty-turny Hwy. 26. But, again, thanks!

Here every day

Re: Colgate 2017-18

I heard the illness on the team Sunday that cost us players was from food poisoning, hope they have recovered.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Great story on Winch. Sounds like a super coach and great mentor to the players. Could he be in the 'Gate hockey coaching pipeline someday?
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Here every day

We badly need some recruits, maybe he'll be helpful again.

So as far as this weekend..... I think we have a shot, we played Clarkson well at Cheel this year (4-4 tie without Point and w/ keilly). We have always played well at cheel, and game three last weekend was dominate. Yes it was only 2 goals, but if you were at the game or watched it, it wasn’t even close. I think all of these are good things coming into this weekend. I know this is looking ahead, but if we get the Placid, you have to give the coaching staff some credit (at minimum for recruiting Point)
    Last edited by red133883; 03-08-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by red133883 View Post
    So as far as this weekend..... I think we have a shot, we played Clarkson well at Cheel this year (4-4 tie without Point and w/ keilly). We have always played well at cheel, and game three last weekend was dominate. Yes it was only 2 goals, but if you were at the game or watched it, it wasn’t even close. I think all of these are good things coming into this weekend. I know this is looking ahead, but if we get the Placid, you have to give the coaching staff some credit (at minimum for recruiting Point)
    Totally agree. We had great momentum on Sunday. And I already give the staff credit for recruiting Colton Point. Do we know who specifically deserves that credit?

Quote Originally Posted by red133883 View Post
    Totally agree. We had great momentum on Sunday. And I already give the staff credit for recruiting Colton Point. Do we know who specifically deserves that credit?

I believe young Mr. Pagliero deserves much of the credit...

Here every day

ECAC writer has us losing in three, says we lost both games in reg season to them 5-2, how do you screw up so badly, it was 5-2 and 4-4 tie.

clarkson 1990

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    ECAC writer has us losing in three, says we lost both games in reg season to them 5-2, how do you screw up so badly, it was 5-2 and 4-4 tie.
    I haven't seen the ECAC writer get one column right this year, there is always at least one screwup in there. Oh and good luck this weekend - getting home
    Last edited by drshoen; 03-09-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Here every day

We win two games by identical scores 1-0.

Here every day

I was wrong, we win game one 2-1. Nice powerplay goal and the gamewinner by a hard working Cochrell who fought off a defender and buried one five hole. Quelle surprise !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    I was wrong, we win game one 2-1. Nice powerplay goal and the gamewinner by a hard working Cochrell who fought off a defender and buried one five hole. Quelle surprise !!!
    Congrats to gate on the game one win. Difference in the game, glove hand of Point and Kielly sieving on Cochrell's goal. Just awful.

I look for another similar game tomorrow with hopefully a different result.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Down here in Westchester we've been without power or cable/internet most of the week, semi-forgot about the series & was very pleased with the last 10 minutes on the radio! On to tomorrow's problem, having dinner with a good buddy/alum who's notoriously cheap... may have to convince his wife to spring for the Boxcast!

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Our team is so young these guys are not fazed by the pressure. Great win! Keep it up tomorrow....Clarkson is gonna let it all hang out..
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Nice win
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Nice win
    Several solid road wins in the ECAC tonight. In particular, Colgate and Princeton have some mojo going. Let's see what's next.

Quote Originally Posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Our team is so young these guys are not fazed by the pressure. Great win! Keep it up tomorrow....Clarkson is gonna let it all hang out..
    I spoke with Colton Point’s dad after the game, and he said that Colton understands and isn’t bothered by the pressure that is put on him. That made me feel better, as I honestly have felt bad all season about putting that kind of pressure on one young man. He certainly is making a name for himself in the (college) hockey world this season. As my Aussie friends would say, “Good on ya, Colton Point.”

Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    Several solid road wins in the ECAC tonight. In particular, Colgate and Princeton have some mojo going. Let's see what's next.
    Congrats to Dartmouth and their (first goal) scorer Cam Strong tonight, too. HUGE win at Harvard.

Thread Information