Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2017-18

Made in the USA

Re: Colgate 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by red133883 View Post
    This is a general ECAC comment, but does anyone know who is going to produce the ECAC final four? All the ECAC says is that it is being broadcast on the web by boxcast for 10 bucks a game. I doubt it will happen but I truly hope and wish that RPITV gets the call. I have always been impressed with their video and production quality. I know they produced it one year in Atlantic City.
    RPI-TV will almost certainly not get the call, and if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't agree to doing it. A few years ago during the 2016 playoffs, the EC$$ tried to get the RPI-TV feed onto Boxcast and not compensate the club. RPI-TV refused to give up the feed, agreed to the 24-hour gag order put in place by the EC$$ while still recording, and put out a public statement on their site about the situation. There was a sorry camera and tripod setup over section 33 that the league put in for Boxcast purposes.

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of RPI-TV.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thatís unfortunate because RPI-TV does a top notch job with game presentation.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
    That’s unfortunate because RPI-TV does a top notch job with game presentation.
    Appreciate the compliment, and I agree that RPI fans are quite spoiled when it comes to that. Are there any examples of your casts? I never get to see them, mostly owing to the drive to Class of 65 taking less than an hour for me. If it's the same as the video board, then it's not so bad.

And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Unfortunately, I do not think they are archived. Colgate does a pretty nice job with the presentation as I think the cameras are HD. And John McGraw (our radio guy) does a solid job of announcing the games (although I wish we had a second guy in the booth like you do).

Raider Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Appreciate the compliment, and I agree that RPI fans are quite spoiled when it comes to that. Are there any examples of your casts? I never get to see them, mostly owing to the drive to Class of 65 taking less than an hour for me. If it's the same as the video board, then it's not so bad.
    It looks like this seasonís games are archived on watchstadium.com (this includes games from all schools in the Patriot League, Colgateís primary athletic conference). For example, here is the full home game vs. Yale on 2/16:
    https://watchstadium.com/live/yale-at-colgate-2/

Made in the USA

Unfortunately, I do not think they are archived. Colgate does a pretty nice job with the presentation as I think the cameras are HD. And John McGraw (our radio guy) does a solid job of announcing the games (although I wish we had a second guy in the booth like you do).
    I've heard some of his calls, and he's definitely quite good at what he does. The station (I think it's 93.9?) gets overpowered by another station around here, although I can get it when I'm going through Cortland; must be the configuration of the hills, as I lose a lot of stations around here when I get down there.

We don't always have a second guy. The main is from the SID office, with alternates consisting of athletics (i.e. track, cross country, etc.) students and a few alumni. You definitely won't hear me, as I do not have the skills to do ad lib commentary, but give me a teleprompter and I'll make it sound good.

As for the video, nice graphical quality, looks like decent angles on 2 thru x (assuming camera 1 is at center), I like how it's "on top of the play" at near-ice center, maybe a little vertigo from the camera panning back and forth in the zone to try to follow the puck. Sure there might not be a replay, but I always thought that was unnecessary with web feeds where rewind is possible.

Here every day

Dam, storm totals for Friday have gone from 1-3 to 6-12 or more in higher elevations(which is Hamilton). Maybe tomorrow it goes back to 1-3, who knows as it's changing daily. Saturday is good though. I'm expecting a rough game with RPI trying to rile up Point, like last Saturday.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Dam, storm totals for Friday have gone from 1-3 to 6-12 or more in higher elevations(which is Hamilton). Maybe tomorrow it goes back to 1-3, who knows as it's changing daily. Saturday is good though. I'm expecting a rough game with RPI trying to rile up Point, like last Saturday.
    Co-worker just said 0 to 4 feet.

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

And John McGraw (our radio guy) does a solid job of announcing the games (although I wish we had a second guy in the booth like you do).
    John needs to come up for air once in awhile...

Neighbor says 6-12" of RAIN....
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Quote Originally Posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    John needs to come up for air once in awhile...

Neighbor says 6-12" of RAIN....

Just saw Colgate is closed on Friday due to storm. Anyone coming for the game should check out the situation before leaving home....

Go 'Gate!

Just saw Colgate is closed on Friday due to storm. Anyone coming for the game should check out the situation before leaving home....
    Would be nice if that included an RPI forfeit for Game 1 ;-)
    C O L G A T E
    1990 NCAA FINALS

Here every day

Utica tv station says 20-30 inches expected, RPI prob there already.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

RPI is here at University Inn.

Game is on tomorrow night. This from "the powers that be." Go 'Gate!!

Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    RPI is here at University Inn.
    Geez Iowa, you get around...

What if they held a hockey game and all the seats were empty?
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

I miss Tie Domi
    Now we just need the zebras to get there.

Geez Iowa, you get around...

What if they held a hockey game and all the seats were empty?
    I live 90 minutes SW of Hamilton in Owego, but I wasnít taking any chances. Normally, I drive to/from on the same day, but not with this snowy forecast. So I drove up 24 hours in advance and got a room at the University Inn for tonight and tomorrow, knowing that the roads will be clear going home on Saturday night. Am looking forward to being on the road next weekend, too. Then Lake Placid, then Allentown, and then Saint Paul.

I think it is pathetic that the ECAC is going to charge for the Colgate Broadcast for the playoffs. Already have tickets for the first two nights, so if the weather makes the roads impassable, they get me coming and (not) going....If the ECAC had any decency they'd open up the feed due to the weather, but they wont do that, they are going to just stream the feed provided to them; do no work and then take the money.
    Last edited by red133883; 03-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

I think it is pathetic that the ECAC is going to charge for the Colgate Broadcast for the playoffs. Already have tickets for the first two nights, so if the weather makes the roads impassable, they get me coming and (not) going....If the ECAC had any decency they'd open up the feed due to the weather, but they wont do that, they are going to just stream the feed provided to them; do no work and then take the money.
    I understand from where you are coming.

Made in the USA

The ECAC still believes that, if they subsidize the cast, then people won't go to the games. This is something that you and I both know is not true at all, and has been proved time and time again at many places across the country. If you want to promote the league, there are advertising costs, and this is probably the one that generates the most benefit. Potential recruits can see the action and how a coach puts a product onto the ice before making an official visit.

Thread Information