Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

How many times is peterson just going to give the puck to Yale

Comment

Not an acceptable loss!

Comment

I’m not a Patriot’s fan but.......we are onto cornell.....

Best week of hockey of the year.... The loss wasn't bad, it was how we loss. I wonder if next week's matchup will be between ranked opponents
        Last edited by red133883; 01-13-2018, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I know our opponent will be ranked. I didn't get to watch or listen last night, how bad was it, 3-1 before the open netter. Not going to get any easier next weekend, again a split would be fine.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Didn't get to watch or listen either. Rainman, describe the game for us.....
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              Didn't get to watch or listen either. Rainman, describe the game for us.....
              I wasn’t at last night’s game - too busy watching the Patriots. But I concur with red133883’s post and say “we’re on to Cornell”, Bill Belichick style.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Ok it's Davy vs Goliath week, our biggest weekend of the year except for playoffs. Discuss.

Comment

I’d like to get 3 points this weekend, settle for a tie at Lynah and Win at home (get the students back in the building). I think the matchup will be interesting as we have played more physical that almost any time I can remember. (We are normally the small skilled skating team) three points will put us 1.5 (yes 2 full points) behind cornell butwe would have the tiebreaker. It would allow us to keep up with either union or Clarkson as they face each other this weekend, and put us in line for a bye. As much as I’d love to see the clearly cup there is no way unless Clarkson really falls coming in.

Comment

Absolutely amazed we are still ranked 19th. Thought for sure that train wreck on Sat night would plunge us over the abyss into irrelevance. Come on Colton do your thing against the Big Red this weekend...

Comment

And so, here we are again. Two games against the team that is “supposedly” our biggest rival, as students are taught. Colgate vs. Cornell is starting to feel like (until a year ago) the Boston Bruins vs. the Montreal Canadiens. One team seems to always have the other team’s number. As a Colgate and Bruins fan, I’ve been on the “nail” side of this rivalry, while the other teams are the “hammer”.

Colgate is 4-20-7 against Cornell going all the way back to the 2005 calendar year. We’ve earned at least 8 (double) the amount of regular season victories against every other ECAC team during that timeframe. Thankfully one of those wins was during my student days (2007), and at least one of them was in Ithaca (2012, the Smith-Wagner year where we swept them and Austin should have won the Hobey). But Cornell this season appears to be invincible in ECAC play, only losing to an even more invincible team (Clarkson). Even worse, the spring semester doesn’t start until next Monday, so we probably won’t have a full-force student section for Saturday.

Can we *PLEASE* get at least one victory?

Anyways, here’s a pump-up for this weekend’s games:
                      https://youtu.be/Pqb-VzkfRrY
                      Colgate '09

Comment

4-20-7 Holy moly, didn't realize it was that bad. I guess size "does" matter.

Comment

Point has to stand on his head this weekend against the giants. We've got to find a way to generate more offense, three goals last weekend isn't going to do it.

Comment

I like the fact that we are the underdogs. The team always seems to play with more urgency in that scenario. Everyone will need to bring their A game. A lot of students will be back and Riggs will rock on Saturday night. Can't wait! Cornell still sucks! GO 'GATE!!!!!!!!

Comment

We will be pushed into playing a defensive game IMO, which is going to limit our scoring opportunities. We have barely enough offense to win against "normal" teams. Just hope we can counter punch with maybe a SHG, transition, or PP goal.

Anyone know if Friday's game will be streamed from Lynah? Or does the Ivy Network have first dibs? Seems like with our special relationship with Ithaca U., and travel partners, etc. we should receive it via steaming or on local TV
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

IVY League network, think it's 10 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X