Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Finished 2017 above .500 but with a sour taste in our mouths. We know what Vaughan will say...we're a young team which is code for no accountability. We're spiraling toward our preseason predictions, so this is no real surprise. Point can't stop them all, but he is regressing and is inconsistent. For the game to fall apart in the end the way it did, the team as a whole needs some stronger leadership from the top, down.
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

AAUGHHH!!!!! After a 6-2-4 start, we go 2-4 to finish the 2017 portion of our season.

After splitting on the road at Western Michigan, we lose TWO games to teams with sub .500 records. Wonder if our players are looking ahead to final exams?

It’s a sour taste, but I hope the time off gets us back on track come January.
      Colgate '09

Comment

I wonder what this will do to our PWR?
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We went from 17th to 24th. Don't you know where to look ?
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

OK...Now that constant negativety is creeping in let's look at the big picture.

We have exceded expectations by a long shot. Predicted for last place by one poll we are firmly in fourth place in ECAC standings at 4-1-1 with games in hand. The real season starts in four weeks with just league games left, it is going to be very exciting, and, we control our own destiny. I predict we get at least home ice first round this year, will be very disappointed if we don't.

If someone asked two months ago would we be happy at Xmas break at 8-6-4, and ECAC fourth place, would we have taken it ? Absolutely ! Goal scoring is up, GAA is down, we right the ship on our PP and we'll be just fine. I prefer to think the future is bright not dim.

Hope all our posters here have a Merry XMas and get pumped for January !

Comment

We need to get smart about taking penalties or get smart about killing them.

Comment

Amen, Shabby. And Amen to Iowabased Traveler. Happy Holidays to all!!!!! Go 'Gate!!!

Comment

We've landed another good goalie, Mitch Bensen from the Brooks Bandits for 2018. He was 36-3 last year 1.74 GAA and .929 SAA
                  Last edited by sshablak; 12-12-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    We've landed another good goalie, Mitch Bensen from the Brooks Bandits for 2018. He was 36-3 last year 1.74 GAA and .929 SAA
                    Does anyone have a link to Heisenberg's 2018 college recruit list? I am unable to locate it. Whaaa! Thanks.

Comment

I use Collegehockeyinc.com/commitments as I also have a hard time finding Cheisenberg.com

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        Does anyone have a link to Heisenberg's 2018 college recruit list? I am unable to locate it. Whaaa! Thanks.
                        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

TY rodney & shabby

Comment

My bill will be in the mail.

Comment

Congrats to Colton on being selected to Canada's World Championship Junior Team!!!! Great news for Colton and great news for Colgate! GO 'GATE!!

Comment

Congrats, championship game is Jan 5, so is Q-Pac home, hmmm. At least he'll be back for Princeton the next night.

Comment

Working...
                                X