Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Definitely exciting for sweep and the 3-0-1 league record so far. I think the Harvard game we got a little nervous thinking that we werent supposed to be be in the lead and we were gripping our sticks a little tight in the third, but overall a good game. Not much to say especially about Point, just playing out of his mind.

Dartmouth I thought it was a good test to come from behind in a game, we should have won (based on how they have played this season, definitely not a "supposed to win game" at the beginning of the season), but after Harvard expectations were raised.

Friday night is going to be a barnburner. Two of the best goalies in the nation. Clarkson with a 1.58 GAA and us at 1.83. Point at a .962 Save%, 1.16 GAA, Kielly at a .945 and a 1.45 GAA. Should be fun and get to the rink, make it tough on Clarkson

Comment

Great weekend for the Raiders.

Comment

Our brethern to the left are undefeated. Gate-Cornell games are shaping up to be titanic matchups. Oh how the mighty have fallen: QU at the bottom of the league standings?

Everyone has said it: Point is the real deal and leading goalkeeeper in the country (..or in 2nd place). As mentioned, it shows something about a team when it can come from behind like we did vs. the Big Green. The improvement this year in passing and in seeing the big picture by the younger players, is great + obviously the D. I don't think I've seen this awareness in quite a few seasons. Now it's on to the Golden Knights. Hope for a strong showing and a bursting of their bubble.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Wow, a 4-point weekend and a win over (at the time) a top-5 ranked team! Keep it going next weekend!
          Colgate '09

Comment

Should be a great game Friday night, Clarkson is playing it's best hockey in about 10 years but like 10 years ago with Mark Dekanich, a goalie can change everything.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              Should be a great game Friday night, Clarkson is playing it's best hockey in about 10 years but like 10 years ago with Mark Dekanich, a goalie can change everything.
              This game matches IMHO the two best goalies in the ECAC, Kielly and Point and first goal (if there is one) may win it.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Our brethern to the left are undefeated. Gate-Cornell games are shaping up to be titanic matchups.
                It is always great for each team in the partnership for the other to be strong. I love years when we are the road trip the other teams look at and sh-t a brick.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In the polls at #19, how long has it been, two years ?? Women up to #3
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

# 3 ( 2 PWR ) 11-1-0 'gate WIH sweeps UNH; will take to the road against Yale and Brown

One concern I have right now is how the women seem energy-drained in their 2nd games on the road.
                    This was especially the case at St. Lawrence two weekends ago, where they had a major upset of Clarkson in a 6 PM Friday night game. But registered their sole loss ytd at a 3 PM afternoon tilt at St. Lawrence on Saturday. That was a tough/short reboot off of a spectacular high. The ladies looked low energy compared to a charged up St. Lawrence team rebounding off of a defeat by Cornell the night before

As with the St. Lawrence game, the ladies looked a little low energy this Saturday after knocking off UNH 7-1 on Friday night.
                    After suffering their first home loss of the year to 'gate, UNH came out at full energy on Saturday. The sign of really good teams is that they find ways to win. Though being tied 1-1 through most of the game, with 2:35 remaining in the 3td period 'gate found a way to beat UNH 2-1.
                    'Gate replaced Clarkson at #3 in the Nov.12rh USCHO poll after Clarkson's loss to Vermont on Friday night. Gate remains at #2 in the PWR behind 16-0-0 Wisconsin.

For the history of 'gate WIH's turnaround, now in its 3rd year, check out: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/colg...round-t23.html
                    Last edited by Raider Archivist; 11-13-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      In the polls at #19, how long has it been, two years ?? Women up to #3
                      First time the men are ranked since the very first poll of the 2015-16 season, when we were 20th. That was a season I'd like to forget.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

I guess I need to not watch games more often

Love seeing the strong start, got to keep it going and bank points before the end of 2017.

Looking at some stats, we're not being outshot by very much (average 1 per game), so a little more push on the offensive end might generate the extra goals needed to take some pressure off Point and the defense.
                        ECAC Champions: 1990
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                        ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                        NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                        Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Gotta pack the rink on Friday. Clarkson always seems to travel well and sometimes it can be off putting the amount of their fans compared to home fans. The guys have gotten everyone excited, so get to the rink. I hope that the Pep Band shows up to the games as clarkson almost always comes with their band......Go 'gate

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                            Gotta pack the rink on Friday. Clarkson always seems to travel well and sometimes it can be off putting the amount of their fans compared to home fans. The guys have gotten everyone excited, so get to the rink. I hope that the Pep Band shows up to the games as clarkson almost always comes with their band......Go 'gate
                            How is attendance at the new digs? A winning team will certainly help.

SLU won't be bringing anybody. They're on suicide watch over at their thread.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              How is attendance at the new digs? A winning team will certainly help.

SLU won't be bringing anybody. They're on suicide watch over at their thread.
                              I was there for the ASU games, they were very well attended (it was Parents w/e)... over 2,000 for both. Attendance figures for last weekend were 1,200 -1,400 though I did hear the student section showed up which is a welcome change. This w/e kids unlikely to be around as they get the full week off for Thanksgiving

Comment

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
                                This w/e kids unlikely to be around as they get the full week off for Thanksgiving
                                When I was a student, we still had classes the Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. Professors would schedule exams or have assignments due on either of those two days so the classes wouldn't get "skipped". The students getting a week off for Thanksgiving is a good thing though, since it allows them to rest up before final exams. But since the university started giving students a week off, it seems like two of our home league games are still scheduled for the weekend before Thanksgiving. In fact, this season, *FIVE* of our 11 league home games are at the beginning, middle, or end of a break from classes - including our home tilt vs. Cornell! I know the ECAC creates a block schedule, and Colgate/Cornell then pick open dates to schedule their games against each other, but 'Gate should request being on the road the weekend before Thanksgiving, and in early January. The league already accommodates open weekends for Union and Princeton with their odd exam schedules.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X