Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

It would have almost been better to be beat in regulation
    Last edited by red133883; 01-05-2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
      It would have almost been better to be beat in regulatiob
      No way. Take the point.

Comment

Quinnipiac survives with 4-3 overtime win over Colgate

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-overtime.html
        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
        https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

there is no point in college hockey....it is either 1-1 or 2-0

Comment

• Originally posted by Gotter View Post
            No way. Take the point.
            Nope, it’s still zero points earned. NHL hands out “loser” points for OT and shootout losses, but not in college hockey.

Congratulations to Colton Point for earning a gold medal in the World Juniors!
            Colgate '09

Comment

There was definitely no "Point" in Hamilton last night. I must say I felt sorry for Hamilton last night, three long goals but two were deflected and the other he was screened. He made some great saves also.

Q-Pac deserved the win, we were flat all night until the last minute heroics. I'm not liking what I'm seeing, we need a win tonight badly, only five more home games after tonight and nine away.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

...and this new website is giving me nothing but problems.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                  ...and this new website is giving me nothing but problems.
                  How so...?
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

My first season as a Colgate season ticket-holder and I've learned that to be one, one has to enjoy being on an (emotional) roller-coaster. Last night was no different.
                    By the way, some college hockey conferences do have a different point system than the traditional one which ECAC Hockey still uses.
                    For the record, I prefer the NCHC format (except the shootouts) and their point system.
                    TchrBill, I totally agree with you. Smart-phone and Lap-top pages are both different than before and harder to negotiate.
                    Room is booked for the ECAC Hockey tournament in Lake Placid. Tickets will be booked later tonight. Allentown NCAA Regional bookings will be next.
                    Finally, It was good meeting CU13 from on here last night, too. I hope to CU tonight.
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-06-2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

We needed that game.

Comment

Amen to needing that game, team looked completely different last night, always amazes me how they can look terrible then turn it around the next night.

Way closer game than the score indicated, at 2-0 Princeton was still very much in the game, the late third goal put it away. I was very impressed with frosh defensemen Austin and Quillan showing offensive skill, and the rest limiting good scoring chances and keeping a lot of the shots from the perimeter.

A good win keeping us in the thick of things.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          How so...?
                          I have no idea! Some days, every link takes me to an obscure, unrelated page! Other days, my screen is distorted or the page doesn't load. All is good this a.m. I do not care for the appearance of the main page as it is mostly white and bland. I'm all about aesthetics, first impressions and the wow factor!

I had not picked 'Gate to win this w/e. Without Point, I felt we were the underdogs vs Qpac, even at home. I recalled our 1-1 battle at Hobey earlier this season; their goalie is a talented freshman who can upset anyone, and wasn't sure Point would be playing. Right now we are on the outside Top 4 looking in; any team with a quality goalie like we have should be a Top 4 team and (currently) we are not. However the improvement from the last 2 seasons is all we could ask for.

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                          Room is booked for the ECAC Hockey tournament in Lake Placid. Tickets will be booked later tonight. Allentown NCAA Regional bookings will be next.
                          Ever been to LP before? What an amazing college hockey atmosphere in March! Attendance is always a question mark depending on the teams, but with 3 out of the top 4 current teams being from NY (Cornell, Clarkson and Union), it has great potential. Is there an advantage to booking your tickets this early? The event will not be sold out. If Colgate makes the playoffs, you may want to book through the ticket office and sit with our fans?
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Bill, We may have the 5th most points in the league so far, but as far as percentages we are 3rd in the league. Harvard has played one more game than us (and they have a midweek game this week against RPI), which is obviously because of the Beanpot in Feb.

We have two games in hand with Union and we are 3 points behind the hated Cornell with our two games to go. We are in a good position and still hopeful for the bye. Lastly, we have now won as many games as we did last year (including the playoffs and it is only January 7th)!

Comment

I do not care for the appearance of the main page as it is mostly white and bland. I'm all about aesthetics, first impressions and the wow factor!
                              I agree. With the old home page everything was right in front of you on one screen. Now you have to scroll way down to see where the stories are that you would be interested in. As Bill says, it's boring looking at a white page. Not in favor of the redo at all... What were they thinking?
                              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Ever been to LP before? What an amazing college hockey atmosphere in March! Attendance is always a question mark depending on the teams, but with 3 out of the top 4 current teams being from NY (Cornell, Clarkson and Union), it has great potential. Is there an advantage to booking your tickets this early? The event will not be sold out. If Colgate makes the playoffs, you may want to book through the ticket office and sit with our fans?
                                I have been to the Olympic Center in Lake Placid several times in the past, but never for a hockey game. I have now seen hockey games at 72 arenas (lifetime), and it has been high on my bucket list for quite a while. I will be joined by a Clarkson season ticket-holder and an Alaska (Fairbanks) regular. We will be sitting in Section 7, row L, which is what I look for in most arenas (lower bowl near center ice, but high enough so as not to look through double-glass). I would love to cheer on Colgate there, but that is not my primary objective. And my feeling is that 'as Colton Point goes, so goes the entire team.' I hate to say that, but, with 20 games down and 14 to go, I personally believe it is true. Go 'Gate!

Comment

Working...
                                X