Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    I'm confused. CHN is reporting that 19 players can now dress for games. I assume this is a change from 18. Can someone clarify this.

Also there seems to be a kerfuffle about the shootout returning. From what I've read there are conflicting reports as to whether it can be used only in regular season games or in the post-season. Also the question of each league determining on their own as to keeping OT or going with the shootout. Can someone provide the straight skinny on this? Would the ECAC adopt the shootout?
    Read the "Rule Changes: Who got screwed and wants a fix?" thread.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      I'm confused. CHN is reporting that 19 players can now dress for games. I assume this is a change from 18. Can someone clarify this.

Also there seems to be a kerfuffle about the shootout returning. From what I've read there are conflicting reports as to whether it can be used only in regular season games or in the post-season. Also the question of each league determining on their own as to keeping OT or going with the shootout. Can someone provide the straight skinny on this? Would the ECAC adopt the shootout?
      This is one of the rule changes. Every other year, the rules committee meets to make changes to the game. This happens to be the off-season for that, and is one of the changes. It's already used in international play.

As for the skills competitio- er shootout, it's probably going to be business as usual in league play. In non-league play, you're not going to see it anymore unless you're in a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        ....it's probably going to be business as usual in league play. In non-league play, you're not going to see it anymore unless you're in a tournament.
        Does "business as usual" mean we'll see OT mostly or shootouts in RS games? "In non-league play you're not going to see it anymore" - does this mean we're not going to see OT anymore or shootouts? In tournaments, we'll see shootouts?? Sorry for all the questions..
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Does "business as usual" mean we'll see OT mostly or shootouts in RS games? "In non-league play you're not going to see it anymore" - does this mean we're not going to see OT anymore or shootouts? In tournaments, we'll see shootouts?? Sorry for all the questions..
          It's quite alright for questions. In years prior, ECAC games, as well as non-conference games hosted by a team in the ECAC not part of a tournament, ended in a tie after 5 minute overtimes. It is expected that this is not going to change.

You may have seen, in non-conference games hosted by a team in a western league (sadly I don't have an example for your team in recent history, so I'll have to cite this game as an example: http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/boxes/mosuren1.o13 ), after the 65 minutes of play, it was that particular league's policy to have a shootout that didn't count for anything in official standings, but was kept as protocol because the conference (in this case, B1G) used it for their standings purposes and kept it for all games for simplicity's sake. According to the new rules, for a non-conference game not involving some form of tournament, the game ends after the 65 minutes which includes the five minutes of OT, shake hands (assuming the end of the series), and hit the showers. Only if some sort of advancement is needed (possibly also if a trophy is on the line), will a shootout (or continuous overtimes, like the Beanpot uses) happen.

tl;dr: You'll still see OT. You'll only see shootouts in tournament games, except for the league and national tournaments, which will still use 20 minute periods until someone scores.

Comment

One of your coaches on river hawks radar

Comment

Fargo ??
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Fargo ??
                He apparently enjoys being vague. Pagliero said to be in the running for UML AC job - same duties as his Gate role -- recruiting , coaching goalies and D. Unions AC Tapp withdrew his name this week. Pags may be the frontrunner
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  He apparently enjoys being vague. Pagliero said to be in the running for UML AC job - same duties as his Gate role -- recruiting , coaching goalies and D. Unions AC Tapp withdrew his name this week. Pags may be the frontrunner
                  Thanks

Comment

wouldn't be surprised to see Pagliero go to River Hawks...I think he's responsible for recruiting Colton Point and, why not, moving gives him a better chance to be on a top tier program (our program? mediocre at best)...BTW, typically, no updates on 2018-19 roster as well...is Vachon coming? is Gallant coming? Apparently, those in charge believe that the program's supporters (fiscal and otherwise) are a bunch of rubes...I keep giving every year, so I guess they're right...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                      wouldn't be surprised to see Pagliero go to River Hawks...I think he's responsible for recruiting Colton Point and, why not, moving gives him a better chance to be on a top tier program (our program? mediocre at best)...BTW, typically, no updates on 2018-19 roster as well...is Vachon coming? is Gallant coming? Apparently, those in charge believe that the program's supporters (fiscal and otherwise) are a bunch of rubes...I keep giving every year, so I guess they're right...
                      The last hockey SID left for a similar position with another school last month. A new hockey SID was hired last week to the best of my knowledge. I don't think she has officially started yet. Also keep in mind that the incoming class might not be complete at this time since they need another goalie and possibly an extra skater as well.

The young man from Brooks is still listed with his AJHL team in what will be his final Jr A season of eligibility. The other young man you mention played in the NCDC last year and was selected by the Chicago Steel in the USHL Phase II draft this spring. I would think he'll be in the USHL this season though EliteProspects lists him as 2018-19 for Colgate.

Comment

as usual 'Gate Radio delivers...thanks...frustrating to see Marino bolt...his #s in BCHL improved dramatically every year...and, yes, we do need a third goalie...I know Dallas went after Point very hard...time to start scoring 3 goals/game (2.75 probably more realistic), but the natives are getting a little impatient and they have cause to be IMO...Colorado College building new facility on their campus...we watch their progress with interest...

Comment

....but the natives are getting a little impatient and they have cause to be IMO...
                          GC, you've said this the past 4-5 seasons I believe. Patience can't last forever.....
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nope......
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

This offseason is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Nope......
                                Hey turk181! Hope you are having a great summer! Also, to the Colgate fans, I apologize in advance for talking about the Big Green on your blog! What do you know about this kid Gallant? Also what do you think about the 7 incoming class for this season and your "guy" LeSueur is on it? you can it on the Big Green blog. Thanks again for your insight on the recruits!

Comment

Working...
                                X