Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Pairwise Ranking at this time of year isn't a good measurement of where we stand, since the sample size is too small. But the outcomes of games at this time of year do have PWR implications come March. A win over Harvard would be HUGE for us! Maybe we catch them thinking about Cornell.
    Colgate '09

Comment

I don’t really think we need Harvard to play poorly to get a W or tie. We are going to have a chance any time Point laces them up this year. That being said we cannot count on him to play like he has all year, he needs some help and I am encouraged that we have gotten production from all classes and positions. Makes it harder to focus on one person or line. I remember the Smith/Wagner/Wilson years back, if the opponent focused on that line and stopped them they stopped us (not a good thing for us).

Secondly, I am wondering how many on this forum really thought that ten games into the season we would be over 500, unbeaten at home, and have a 5 game unbeaten streak (anytime this year). It’s exciting and hopefully the team has given the freshman time to develop and produce. Exciting season so far hopefully it will keep up, but it will be interesting to see how this team handles adversity as so far they have seen none

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        I don’t really think we need Harvard to play poorly to get a W or tie.
        With respect, I don't think you beat this Harvard line-up without some help from the Harvard team itself - which unfortunately has been a factor thus far. I do hope that any early wins over the Crimson carry big PWR weight later on, as that will mean Harvard after a shaky start will have played better and better as the season rolled along.

Comment

Well that's not a bad way to start off Silver Puck...

Comment

Nice Win !!!!
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We win, 2-1. Team played a great 30 minutes then seemed to lag, but held on for the big win. Point made some highlight reel saves. Congrats Gate!
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Didn't get to see tonight's game but just saw the score.

WOW!!!!!!!
                Colgate '09

Comment

Another great win!! What a difference a year makes! Great effort and hustle!! Colton is unreal!! Students were somewhat rowdy and stayed for the whole game!!! GO 'GATE!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                    Another great win!! What a difference a year makes! Great effort and hustle!! Colton is unreal!! Students were somewhat rowdy and stayed for the whole game!!! GO 'GATE!!!!!
                    Wow wow! Wish I could've been there - go' gate!!

Comment

REALLY? Everyone seemed to post last year when we were not doing well. Where is everyone now?????? Let's celebrate a fantastic beginning of the season! The team is making noise and playing some great hockey!!! Where are the posters? Why mute now? Anyway, another win and solid play. Great watching the team playing so well. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                        REALLY? Everyone seemed to post last year when we were not doing well. Where is everyone now?????? Let's celebrate a fantastic beginning of the season! The team is making noise and playing some great hockey!!! Where are the posters? Why mute now? Anyway, another win and solid play. Great watching the team playing so well. Go 'Gate!!
                        We're on a great run - go 'gate!

Comment

There's a rumor going around that brooms are hard to find in downtown Hamilton
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

It’s warmer down here but not as hot as the Raiders, who look very impressive. That’s from a Union man (recruited by ‘gate to play lacrosse). The ECAC season is beginning to shape up as a real dog fight. What’s new? Congrats on a great start.
                            Last edited by Miami Ice; 11-12-2017, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Undefeated in league play after four games beating Q-Pac and #5 Harvard, who woulda thunkit ? Fifteenth in PWR, unreal. What a difference in one year, especially with seventeen frosh and sophs. The future is looking brighter.

I thought against Harvard we played one of our better games in years, a little bit of a letdown in the first period last night, but we picked it up enough grinding out the win. Still impressed with the D and what can you say about Point ?

Huge game coming up against #5 PWR Clarkson this Friday.

Feels good to have a decent team again !!
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                                Undefeated in league play after four games beating Q-Pac and #5 Harvard, who woulda thunkit ? Fifteenth in PWR, unreal. What a difference in one year, especially with seventeen frosh and sophs. The future is looking brighter.

I thought against Harvard we played one of our better games in years, a little bit of a letdown in the first period last night, but we picked it up enough grinding out the win. Still impressed with the D and what can you say about Point ?

Huge game coming up against #5 PWR Clarkson this Friday.

Feels good to have a decent team again !!
                                Congrats on the weekend sweep and the young season thus far! The best player by far is Point...he is effortless and efficient great traits for a goalie. Yesterday he made what would difficult saves on Grade A chances look like routine saves ie, point (no pun intended) glove save on Kalk and a ridiculous left pad save inside he left post. The only trouble I see is scoring goals but the Point's goaltending will keep you in every game. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X