Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Most prices double ECAC weekend in Placid, $400 a night is not uncommon.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

This is rough but we had a decent season and don’t lose too much for next year. Two regular skaters, one who was out on injury and our back up goalies
      Last edited by red133883; 03-11-2018, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Not so worried about hotel rooms currently. Big hill to climb in the 3rd...

Comment

Why did I see the game without a fee last night, but tonite they are charging??

Doesn't look good. Down 4-1 presently....
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

It is always disappointing when the season comes to an end, but there is a great amount of hope for next season. Hopefully Point comes back, we will have a good team coming back and hopefully find some scoring

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
              It is always disappointing when the season comes to an end, but there is a great amount of hope for next season. Hopefully Point comes back, we will have a good team coming back and hopefully find some scoring
              Totally agree.
              I am proud of the entire team this year, including the staff. Tonight wasn’t their best night, but they didn’t give up. Win together, lose together. The better team is advancing; same with Harvard (and Denver and Saint Cloud) tonight. I will cheer for Clarkson at Lake Placid; in fact, (I will cheer for) anybody but Cornell. I will then follow Minnesota if they are seeded in one of the three Eastern Regionals, and then it is on to Saint Paul. Lots of great college hockey still to be played and seen.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-11-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                Totally agree.
                I am proud of the entire team this year, including the staff. Tonight wasn’t their best night, but they didn’t give up. Win together, lose together. The better team is advancing; same with Harvard (and Denver and Saint Cloud) tonight. I will cheer for Clarkson at Lake Placid; in fact, (I will cheer for) anybody but Cornell. I will then follow Minnesota if they are seeded in one of the three Eastern Regionals, and then it is on to Saint Paul. Lots of great college hockey still to be played and seen.
                There's a high chance that Cornell will play Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA. How come you're cheering for anybody but Cornell?
                Cornell

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutButter View Post
                  There's a high chance that Cornell will play Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA. How come you're cheering for anybody but Cornell?
                  Cornell v. Minnesota... Is there any way both teams can lose?

Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-11-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeanutButter View Post
                    Life-long fan of Colgate, so I have never cared for rival Cornell (from afar). Then, this year, being back in upstate New York and seeing CornelI at home and away, I have really come to dislike their band (crude), their fans (rude) and their rink (dank). Just not a fan of their program.
                    As for Minnesota, a good friend from Fairbanks, who is also a Minnesota grad, is flying in this week. Since my beloved Colgate and Omaha are done for the season, I imagine that we will follow Minnesota in their Eastern Regional (Allentown, Bridgeport or Worcester). If they are seeded in Sioux Falls, I imagine that we will just head to Allentown. Then we will head to Saint Paul for our annual Frozen Four adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Cornell v. Minnesota... Is there any way both teams can lose?

Heyyyyy.....Welcome fish ! Just curious, have you ever been to Class of 65 Rink ?
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Thanks to the seniors for their sacrifices & work these past 4 years in putting it all on the ice. And thanks to the coaches and staff for exceeding expectations this season. Picked for last and winding up 6th....and winning our first round home series is something to be proud of, despite the last game. We have a good nucleus of players coming back and hopefully some frosh that can lend a hand in the scoring dept. And hopefully Colton will stay put.

It's always sad to see the season end...I'll have withdrawal symptoms for days ( and no Rangers team to rely on). But the LP Four of Cornell, Harvard, Princeton and Clarkson should prove to be ultra competitive. It would be great if Princeton could make it all the way to the top and give our team something to emulate next year. It is proven that a turnaround within 3-4 years can be done!

As for Minnesota.....I'm rooting for Minneapolis.....the city. Hope the weather is OK there so our womens team can land, beat Wisconsin, and win that NCAA Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Most prices double ECAC weekend in Placid, $400 a night is not uncommon.
                          I reserved a hotel room for about $144 for Friday night after taxes back on November 19th. This was when we had a 4-1-1 league record after 6 games. Unfortunately, I have now cancelled this reservation since Colgate won't be playing there this weekend

But like I said yesterday, this was overall a good season. We earned 17 wins after only getting just 9 last season, and we also earned and won a home playoff series for the first time since 2015. It's still a long way away, but with only 2 seniors (Peterson and Panowyk) seeing regular playing time this season, we should hopefully bring back the majority of this team next season, and get ourselves a top-4 finish and that trip back to Lake Placid. Our Goal is to Score more.

Best of luck to Evan Peterson, Mike Panowyk, Sebastian Weberg, Zac Hamilton, and Bruce Racine in their future endeavors.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                            Our Goal is to Score more.
                            Does anyone think this will happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                              Does anyone think this will happen?
                              We need Shabby to do an in-depth analysis of the incoming recruits to see if more scoring might be their strength...

Comment

Magoo makes a good point...better-than-expected season and DV and his staff deserve credit for getting the most out of this specific team...much more discipline in our own end - good coverage, active sticks, shot blocking, etc. - with the kids giving their best...no argument here...on the other hand (the turd in the punch bowl) we in no way underachieved, we had a goalie that is one of the top 3 or 4 in DI hockey, we bought into a system that give us the best chance to win with the talent available...and yet we finish at .500. I've been monitoring the incoming kids and see the same type as in previous years, but no McManns nor Cosgroves...I turned last night's game OFF at 2-0...couldn't take it anymore and, against a puck possession team like Clarkson we won 20 out of 63 face offs. I really hope I'm dead wrong, but it's hard to see much improvement next year, even if Point stays...goal scoring would have to increase by at least 25% (2.1/game to 2.6/game) for us to be legitimately competitive against the better teams in the country. Again, good coaching, recruiting in need of improvement...

Comment

Working...
                                X