Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
    So as far as this weekend..... I think we have a shot, we played Clarkson well at Cheel this year (4-4 tie without Point and w/ keilly). We have always played well at cheel, and game three last weekend was dominate. Yes it was only 2 goals, but if you were at the game or watched it, it wasn’t even close. I think all of these are good things coming into this weekend. I know this is looking ahead, but if we get the Placid, you have to give the coaching staff some credit (at minimum for recruiting Point)
    Totally agree. We had great momentum on Sunday. And I already give the staff credit for recruiting Colton Point. Do we know who specifically deserves that credit?

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

I believe young Mr. Pagliero deserves much of the credit...

Comment

ECAC writer has us losing in three, says we lost both games in reg season to them 5-2, how do you screw up so badly, it was 5-2 and 4-4 tie.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          ECAC writer has us losing in three, says we lost both games in reg season to them 5-2, how do you screw up so badly, it was 5-2 and 4-4 tie.
          I haven't seen the ECAC writer get one column right this year, there is always at least one screwup in there. Oh and good luck this weekend - getting home
          Last edited by drshoen; 03-09-2018, 09:41 AM.
          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
          Clarkson 1990

Comment

We win two games by identical scores 1-0.

Comment

I was wrong, we win game one 2-1. Nice powerplay goal and the gamewinner by a hard working Cochrell who fought off a defender and buried one five hole. Quelle surprise !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                I was wrong, we win game one 2-1. Nice powerplay goal and the gamewinner by a hard working Cochrell who fought off a defender and buried one five hole. Quelle surprise !!!
                Congrats to gate on the game one win. Difference in the game, glove hand of Point and Kielly sieving on Cochrell's goal. Just awful.

I look for another similar game tomorrow with hopefully a different result.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Down here in Westchester we've been without power or cable/internet most of the week, semi-forgot about the series & was very pleased with the last 10 minutes on the radio! On to tomorrow's problem, having dinner with a good buddy/alum who's notoriously cheap... may have to convince his wife to spring for the Boxcast!

Comment

Our team is so young these guys are not fazed by the pressure. Great win! Keep it up tomorrow....Clarkson is gonna let it all hang out..
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Nice win
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Nice win
                        Several solid road wins in the ECAC tonight. In particular, Colgate and Princeton have some mojo going. Let's see what's next.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          Our team is so young these guys are not fazed by the pressure. Great win! Keep it up tomorrow....Clarkson is gonna let it all hang out..
                          I spoke with Colton Point’s dad after the game, and he said that Colton understands and isn’t bothered by the pressure that is put on him. That made me feel better, as I honestly have felt bad all season about putting that kind of pressure on one young man. He certainly is making a name for himself in the (college) hockey world this season. As my Aussie friends would say, “Good on ya, Colton Point.”

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                            Several solid road wins in the ECAC tonight. In particular, Colgate and Princeton have some mojo going. Let's see what's next.
                            Congrats to Dartmouth and their (first goal) scorer Cam Strong tonight, too. HUGE win at Harvard.

Comment

It is official, Colgate WILL NOT have a losing record this year! Would not have predicted that at the beginning of the season

Comment

Have always loved the atmosphere at Cheel! Gutsy win. Regardless of seed, don't recall the Raiders having much luck in Game Two and are often pushed to a 3-game affair. Another loss would likely knock Clarkson out of the NCAA tournament. C'mon, Gate!
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X