Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

I think it is pathetic that the ECAC is going to charge for the Colgate Broadcast for the playoffs. Already have tickets for the first two nights, so if the weather makes the roads impassable, they get me coming and (not) going....If the ECAC had any decency they'd open up the feed due to the weather, but they wont do that, they are going to just stream the feed provided to them; do no work and then take the money.
    Last edited by red133883; 03-01-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by red133883 View Post
      I think it is pathetic that the ECAC is going to charge for the Colgate Broadcast for the playoffs. Already have tickets for the first two nights, so if the weather makes the roads impassable, they get me coming and (not) going....If the ECAC had any decency they'd open up the feed due to the weather, but they wont do that, they are going to just stream the feed provided to them; do no work and then take the money.
      I understand from where you are coming.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        The ECAC still believes that, if they subsidize the cast, then people won't go to the games. This is something that you and I both know is not true at all, and has been proved time and time again at many places across the country. If you want to promote the league, there are advertising costs, and this is probably the one that generates the most benefit. Potential recruits can see the action and how a coach puts a product onto the ice before making an official visit.

Comment

I'm 37 miles from the rink, five miles north of Rome in Lee, it's 8 am we already have six inches (forecast is up to 9-14 inches now) there are five thousand people already without power in Oneida and Madison counties, from the weight of the heavy snow I guess. Talked to my buddy in Hamilton and he said the wind is now blowing sideways. Thirty five to fourty five mile an hour winds are predicted for this pm. I "might" miss my first home playoff game in twenty or thirty years, I have driven down in worse weather though. The Dartmouth game when the team went off rte 81((sat night coming from Cornell game Friday night) and didn't get to Gate until nine pm I drove down in two feet of snow. It was one lane near Madison to Hamilton. (Quattro made it)

The game started at almost 10 PM.
          Last edited by sshablak; 03-02-2018, 09:33 AM.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            The Dartmouth playoff series when the team went off rte 81 and didn't get to Gate until nine pm I drove down in two feet of snow. It was one lane near Madison to Hamilton. (Quattro made it)
            Huh? Dartmouth is in Hanover, NH, well east of Hamilton. Interstate 81 runs north-south west of Hamilton. Not sure what series (or what calendar year) you're talking about.

Here in the Boston area, we're getting wind and rain all day and well into the evening. I will probably dish out the $10 to watch tonight's game. Hoping it's a worthwhile investment!
            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
              Geez Iowa, you get around...

What if they held a hockey game and all the seats were empty?
              It is good that you are here...

...State from every land, Joy for every hand.
              We are from I-oway, I-oway,
              I-oway where the tall corn grows.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                Huh? Dartmouth is in Hanover, NH, well east of Hamilton. Interstate 81 runs north-south west of Hamilton. Not sure what series (or what calendar year) you're talking about.

Here in the Boston area, we're getting wind and rain all day and well into the evening. I will probably dish out the $10 to watch tonight's game. Hoping it's a worthwhile investment!
                Probably a home series where you were playing Dartmouth. Seems a bit odd to me as well that they'd go over to 81 unless they were staying in Syracuse, and I don't think there's a NY 81 around; there's a NY 51 but that doesn't seem like a good way to get there.

Comment

Wouldn't be the first time a visiting team has met a similar fate on their wintry trek to Colgate...didn't UMass or WIU have the same problem on Rt. 20 for the football playoffs in 2003?! What's sad is that even with classes cancelled, students will probably still not come to the game :-(
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                  ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                  ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Probably a home series where you were playing Dartmouth. Seems a bit odd to me as well that they'd go over to 81 unless they were staying in Syracuse, and I don't think there's a NY 81 around; there's a NY 51 but that doesn't seem like a good way to get there.
                    Oddly enough, there IS a NY 81:
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Route_81

And yes, I've driven NY 51 before. It's a winding road and I drove it at night in pouring rain back on October 1, 2016. It was after the first ever game at Class of '65 Arena, and I was staying the night at a hotel near NYS Thruway Exit 30. Quite the treacherous drive.
                    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post

They played Cornell the night before and were on their way to Hamilton. Don't ask me why the bus driver went that way, I don't know. That would be your next question.

It wasn't a playoff series, just a game, my mistake. The game started about 10 PM, they arrived in Hamilton about 9 PM.
                      Last edited by sshablak; 03-02-2018, 09:35 AM.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Madison County is currently under a travel ban, according to syracuse.com . This might get delayed unless that gets lifted... http://www.syracuse.com/weather/inde..._warnings.html

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          They played Cornell the night before and were on their way to Hamilton. Don't ask me why the bus driver went that way, I don't know. That would be your next question.

It wasn't a playoff series, just a game, my mistake. The game started about 10 PM, they arrived in Hamilton about 9 PM.
                          If they were going from Cornell, then it makes more sense, as you'd get off at either Tully or LaFayette to cut over. Of course, NY 13 from Cortland is also a possibility. I doubt, in stuff like that, they'd consider using Lebanon Road...

Comment

Wind gage here in CNY hit 43 MPH a few minutes ago. Blowing and drifting snow, constant whiteouts. Any folks thinking of coming over from the Capital District: Route 20 will be a disaster, and the Thruway is problematic. I would check with the NYS Highway Dept & Thruway Dept before setting out. IMHO probably best to pay the $10 bucks and stay home...
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              If they were going from Cornell, then it makes more sense, as you'd get off at either Tully or LaFayette to cut over. Of course, NY 13 from Cortland is also a possibility. I doubt, in stuff like that, they'd consider using Lebanon Road...
                              Earlier this hockey season, it was snowing and blowing and drifting, so I thought I would avoid Hwy. 26 from Whitney Point, which is my usual route here. I-81 was nicely plowed, but I forgot how hilly Hwy. 20 is east of Lafayette. Single lane. Follow the tire tracks in front of you, up and down the hills. Not fun.
                              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-02-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                                Earlier this hockey season, it was snowing and blowing and drifting, so I thought I would avoid Hwy. 26 from Whitney Point, which is my usual route here. I-81 was nicely plowed, but I forgot how hilly Hwy. 20 is east of Lafayette. Single lane. Follow the tire tracks in front of you, up and down the hills. Not fun.
                                Especially when you're just west of Cazenovia; that one's a monster. I come from Onondaga County so I can use NY 92 to avoid that, but the hills around Morrisville aren't much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X