• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
    Any relation to Kent Manderville?
    yeah, his Dad.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

All American from Cornell, wonder how Schaefer missed him ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        All American from Cornell, wonder how Schaefer missed him ?
        He had good grades.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          He had good grades.
          LOL Joe, too funny !

Comment

Made a trial run today from my home in Owego, N.Y., to Oxford, Ohio, home of Colgate’s October 26-27 opponent Miami (Ohio) University. I left at 12 Noon and arrived at 11:30 p.m., covering 620 miles. I did not take the most direct route, as I also checked out Stateline Speedway in Busti, N.Y.
            Oxford is a quaint college town, with several chain hotels (Baymont, Best Western, etc.). I definitely will be back in late October, as I love this area (Garst Museum in Greenville, Wright-Patterson Museum in Dayton, etc). I have been to the Steve Cady Arena previously, having seen Michigan State, Omaha and Providence here. I have a great deal of respect for coach Enrico Blasi. It should be a fun weekend watching a great series. Does anybody know the historical record for Colgate against Miami?

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Made a trial run today from my home in Owego, N.Y., to Oxford, Ohio, home of Colgate’s October 26-27 opponent Miami (Ohio) University. I left at 12 Noon and arrived at 11:30 p.m., covering 620 miles.
              You sure do get around, iowabasedtraveler. Last season I was unexpectedly laid off from my previous employer just after Thanksgiving, and with the severance package they gave me, I could have traveled to every remaining game last season. But other factors (family, girlfriend) kept me from doing that, and I only made it to 3 games from December through the end of last season. Had the team made it past Clarkson, I would have definitely gone to Lake Placid.

Anyways, the 2018-19 schedule was just released, and I like how 6 of our 12 OOC games are at home! Although I don't like TWO road games at Niagara, we at least are hosting UNH, UMass Lowell, and Ohio State. Our new digs are certainly helping us in the scheduling department! Hopefully it will also spill over into recruiting!
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                You sure do get around, iowabasedtraveler. Last season I was unexpectedly laid off from my previous employer just after Thanksgiving, and with the severance package they gave me, I could have traveled to every remaining game last season. But other factors (family, girlfriend) kept me from doing that, and I only made it to 3 games from December through the end of last season. Had the team made it past Clarkson, I would have definitely gone to Lake Placid.

Anyways, the 2018-19 schedule was just released, and I like how 6 of our 12 OOC games are at home! Although I don't like TWO road games at Niagara, we at least are hosting UNH, UMass Lowell, and Ohio State. Our new digs are certainly helping us in the scheduling department! Hopefully it will also spill over into recruiting!
                Another two month layover away from the arena, but at least you have games in there this time.

Niagara's a reciprocal deal from last year, and although it does make it 2 for 1, it's better than coming up one game short.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Another two month layover away from the arena, but at least you have games in there this time.

Niagara's a reciprocal deal from last year, and although it does make it 2 for 1, it's better than coming up one game short.
                  I would wager a guess that Niagara ends up playing a single game at Colgate in 2019-2010 to make it an even number of games overall in the "series." Past series between the two schools have always shared the same number of games home and away.

Re: No home games for almost two months - one month of that is the holiday/finals break, the other part is the league block schedule which is set by the league. Prior to that break, the team is home three weeks in a row with two league series and tOSU sandwiched in between.

Comment

Iowabasedtraveler...you are my new hero...hope to meet you some day...for the record we are 2-4-0 lifetime vs. Miami, including a crazy 14-2 loss at home to the Red Hawks in the mid-1990s (11/29/96)...O-O-C opponents, as a whole, are pretty good this year...my mid-summer prediction for the pucksters? Slightly better than last year: 19-16-4...wish I could be more optimistic, but, in all honesty, I do not expect Point's save percentage to be .944 this season. That doesn't mean he won't be our MVP, however...really need some scoring from our incoming frosh, especially Lunn and Stewart...we've got some depth, but MUST score at least 2.6 to 2.7 goals/game to be any kind of force in the ECAC...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                      Iowabasedtraveler...you are my new hero...hope to meet you some day...for the record we are 2-4-0 lifetime vs. Miami, including a crazy 14-2 loss at home to the Red Hawks in the mid-1990s (11/29/96)...O-O-C opponents, as a whole, are pretty good this year...my mid-summer prediction for the pucksters? Slightly better than last year: 19-16-4...wish I could be more optimistic, but, in all honesty, I do not expect Point's save percentage to be .944 this season. That doesn't mean he won't be our MVP, however...really need some scoring from our incoming frosh, especially Lunn and Stewart...we've got some depth, but MUST score at least 2.6 to 2.7 goals/game to be any kind of force in the ECAC...
                      I see us slightly better this year, at 23-13-4. My reasoning is the incoming recruits whom I believe will make instant contributions offensively. Now that our young defense has matured off a pretty good season, I think our D will be better than last season, and I differ with you GreenCoat in that I see Point having a season equal to or better than last year. It's good to see some big time talent at '65 in the OOC schedule. I like it that OSU and Lowell are on the schedule, and at home.

On another note: Sad news about Jordan Scott, a real talent on the football field, and one who brought out the best in his teammates. He held many of the PL offense records before Chase Edmonds eclipsed some this past season. He will be missed by the entire Colgate community, but his achievements will last forever.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I heard today from a reliable source that Point will not be back this fall. I hope it's incorrect, that would be a dagger.

Dallas has Ben Bishop,and Lehtonen, great goaltenders, and Mike McKenna for the Texas Stars who made the AHL finals this year. They also have Oettenger the BU goalie who played in front of Point in the World Jrs tourney. I don't get it, unless for trade purposes, why would Colton leave now, he's not going to play even in the AHL unless 35 yr old McKenna is gone. BTW McKenna is a SLU grad. I so hope that this is only a rumor.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 06-28-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          I heard today from a reliable source that Point will not be back this fall. I hope it's incorrect, that would be a dagger.

Dallas has Ben Bishop,and Lehtonen, great goaltenders, and Mike McKenna for the Texas Stars who made the AHL finals this year. They also have Oettenger the BU goalie who played in front of Point in the World Jrs tourney. I don't get it, unless for trade purposes, why would Colton leave now, he's not going to play even in the AHL unless 35 yr old McKenna is gone. BTW McKenna is a SLU grad. I so hope that this is only a rumor.
                          Agree this would be a huge problem. Lehtonen is a UFA, as is McKenna FWIW, so that could be an issue. Also one small correction. Oettenger played for the U.S. in the World Juniors while Colton played for Canada.

Also Point attended the Stars Development Camp this week (As did Ottenger) Maybe he impressed them enough that they want to sign him sooner rather than later
                          Last edited by Joe McGrath; 06-30-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

In alumni news Chris Wagner has signed a 2 year deal with the Bruins. $1.25 mil per.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post

It's official. He's gone South.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe McGrath View Post
                                Agree this would be a huge problem. Lehtonen is a UFA, as is McKenna FWIW, so that could be an issue. Also one small correction. Oettenger played for the U.S. in the World Juniors while Colton played for Canada.

Also Point attended the Stars Development Camp this week (As did Ottenger) Maybe he impressed them enough that they want to sign him sooner rather than later
                                Perhaps beating Oettenger into the organization gives him a better opportunity now and moving forward? I doubt DAL is so concerned with AHL results that they won't give Point plenty of playing time. Good fortune for UNH who will avoid Point for the second year in a row. Seems you're starting from scratch in the crease - who will get the nod opening night??
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X