Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Anyone know if Friday's game will be streamed from Lynah? Or does the Ivy Network have first dibs? Seems like with our special relationship with Ithaca U., and travel partners, etc. we should receive it via steaming or on local TV
    No more local TV for anyone with the closure of Spectrum (fka Time Warner Cable) Sports. That said...with the advent of streaming technology now, this isn't a huge deal. Colgate home games are free on Patriot League TV. ILDN does charge however if you get a one-month subscription, you can watch other Colgate road games in Ivy barns - i.e. next weekend for Colgate at Dartmouth and Harvard. Just remember to cancel at the end of the month. 'Course there's free radio coverage at http://www.wkxzfm.com at the Listen Live link for every game and that's free.

Comment

First and foremost I think it is clear that for us to win almost any game point is going to have to be our best player. As far as our current record against the big red, I believe we have actually fared better at lynah. There was a recent senior class I think ‘15 that actually never lost at lynah (only won once I think) but still never lost. Hoping for at least a point tonight and go for the win at home

Comment

Absolutely right red, also, Mcmann has to show up also, how about another hat trick ! Don't you live in Ithaca ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
          I believe we have actually fared better at lynah. There was a recent senior class I think ‘15 that actually never lost at lynah (only won once I think) but still never lost. Hoping for at least a point tonight and go for the win at home
          Since the 2004-05 season, we're 1-7-5 at Lynah. The Class of 2015 (Goulakos, Wilson, Gentzler) went 1-0-3 there, winning as freshmen (the Smith-Wagner year where Austin should have won the Hobey).

There's an added incentive this weekend - not winning at least once means the senior class will have never enjoyed a victory vs. Cornell. Sadly, the Class of 2011 (Day, Brisebois, Poplawski) suffered this fate. Beat Big Red! (please?)
          Colgate '09

Comment

• QUOTE]

Tough game. Point certainly stood on his head to keep it close. Just couldn't get a shot to go in....gotta credit their goalie as well. Sounded like we were outshot except for the third. Maybe a little mayhem at the end will get our guys psyched for Saturday night at '65.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Cornell came out ready from the puck drop. We were flat footed for the first 3 minutes of the game and cost a goal on a missed keep. The start of the second wasn’t bad, except for leaving Angelo all alone between the circles (hell of a tip). We completely out played the big red in the third. Does anyone know why the third period possible goal was disallowed. No announcement in the arena and section O is a tough viewing angle for that side of the ice.

For those wondering there were only matching minors and 10 min misconducts for the scrum at the end of the game, so no holdover issues for tomorrow
              Last edited by red133883; 01-19-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

No goal was because the goal was off its pegs. Looked like a Cornell player knocked it off, but ruled it was Colgate's fault. Cornell sure likes to skate deep into our crease when defending our offensive break outs from behind our net. Point needs to lay out those little punks when they do that crap! Coach Schafer's brand of hockey!

Comment

It should be up to the team to protect Point, if Cornell gets to Point and he gets involved, game over. He's our only shot. I didn't see too much interference on Colton but the announcer did say, "Point is a very feisty big goaltender" maybe I missed something.

We started very slowly, wonder if there's some intimidation going on, we did get stronger in the second and we may have outplayed them in the third. Game didn't seem very physical until the wrestling match as time expired. Tonight's game might be interesting, we have to play like we did in the third.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

We do better with Cornell as a competitive travel partner than as a (hockey) rival. Rivals win (on occasion) and we do not. Our losing record vs. the Big Red is lopsided and uninspiring. Cornell is not accustomed to losing and their program is the epitome of success; only 1 sub-.500 league season which is approaching two decades (see below). This is David v. Goliath in every sense, every year, and the result is almost always the same. Still, the atmosphere at Starr and '65 can't be beat, as we hope for the stunning upset. Win or lose, we compete, and it's why you play the game. Our 6-1 thrashing years ago was one for the ages and doesn't look to be repeated any time soon. We have been overrated in the polls for weeks, but a .500+ record is a step in the right direction considering our past performance.

'02 - 17-3-2
                    '03 - 19-2-1
                    '04 - 18-2-2
                    '05 - 13-5-3
                    '06 - 10-8-4
                    '07 - 12-9-1
                    '08 - 13-6-3
                    '09 - 14-5-3
                    '10 - 11-9-2
                    '11 - 12-4-6
                    '12 - 8-11-3
                    '13 - 11-7-4
                    '14 - 9-9-4
                    '15 - 8-8-6
                    '16 - 13-4-5
                    '17/18 - 9-9-1 (so far)
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Thanks Bill. Great post.

While we may be lacking in success on the ice vs Cornell, we own them in football

Comment

Not many Grade A chances tonight. In fact not many chances period. Seemed like the Red had 7-8 men on the ice most of the time. Just could not penetrate their defense. I believe Cornell's wraparound goal went 5-hole, can someone confirm that? Only 365 more days and we'll try it again

Comment

I believe in having goals and objectives.
                          But goals seem hard to come by lately.
                          If only Colton could score like Evan Weninger,
                          then we'd have what we seem to be lacking.

Comment

Now 4-22-7 vs. Cornell in the past 13 years, but it’s gotten even worse:

-Blanked at home
                            -Blanked in BOTH games (AUGGHHH!)
                            -ZERO goals in our last THREE games vs. Cornell
                            -The graduating class of 2018 went 0-7-1 against the Big Red - NEVER enjoying a victory vs that team
                            -1 goal in our past 3 games, 3 goals in our past 4 games

At least the Bruins (who had Colgate alum Mike Millbury) went 3-0 vs. the Canadiens (who had Cornell alum Ken Dryden) in the past 9 days.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

There is no doubt that it is disappointing to be blanked all weekend. But I have to say that we played well on Saturday. We made one mistake on Saturday which lead to the first goal. We needed to convert on our chances, the breakaway in the second needs to be buried. It didnt seem like the shot was on net, which is upsetting

Comment

Can confirm 5 hole on the 2nd goal, was talking to Point's dad when it went in & we both saw it that way. Also agree that our number of good chances was slim, and after that 2nd goal the game was pretty much over. Need a bounce back next weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X