Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 879

Thread: Colgate 2017-18

  1. #501
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    313

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Tonight's game will be tough. It is RPI's senior night and the big red freakout game. Houston can be hostile. I am looking forward to watching it on RPI's feed, which is always superb (and free). GO 'GATE!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CU13; 02-24-2018 at 09:40 AM.

  2. #502
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    598

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    notwithstanding a couple of awful PPs and going 19-56 at the dots, we played well...and deserved at least one point...IF we finish 9-10-3 and finish 9th it would represent a true statistical anomaly...McMann continues to be a force and I would guess Trevor Cosgrove is a first team all-rookie selection at "D"...we looked pretty composed (except the PPs), forechecked well (Jeanson in particular) and for decent periods of the game controlled center ice...McKegney growing every game...I know we can finish 6th, but in the unlikely event that Dartmouth loses to Brown can we finish 5th? Head-to-head we're 1-1...is second tiebreaker record against top four in league? FYI, would prefer not to play Yale in round #1 (I don't even know if that is possible at this point)...just give us another good effort tonight and let the chips fall where they may...

  3. #503
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    598

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    If we win and Dartmouth loses I think we go to tiebreaker #2 and IF that is one's record against the top four (Cornell, Union, Clarkson and Harvard) we are 2-4-2, The Big Green at 2-6-0...getting ahead of myself here, but just curious...

  4. #504
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    598

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Sorry, # wins in the league is the second tiebreaker...OK, let's get #6 seed...

  5. #505
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,350

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    notwithstanding a couple of awful PPs and going 19-56 at the dots, we played well...and deserved at least one point...IF we finish 9-10-3 and finish 9th it would represent a true statistical anomaly...McMann continues to be a force and I would guess Trevor Cosgrove is a first team all-rookie selection at "D"...we looked pretty composed (except the PPs), forechecked well (Jeanson in particular) and for decent periods of the game controlled center ice...McKegney growing every game...I know we can finish 6th, but in the unlikely event that Dartmouth loses to Brown can we finish 5th? Head-to-head we're 1-1...is second tiebreaker record against top four in league? FYI, would prefer not to play Yale in round #1 (I don't even know if that is possible at this point)...just give us another good effort tonight and let the chips fall where they may...
    We cannot finish fifth, only 6-9 right now.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  6. #506
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,350

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    People, look at Rainman's post #496 and you won't be repetitive or wrong, shows ALL scenarios.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  7. #507
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    236

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    We’ll take the two points but that third period . . . yikes. Not good. We were extremely fortunate to get out of there with a win.

    At least they shouldn’t be overconfident. The coaches will gave plenty for them to work on.

  8. #508
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    91

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
    We’ll take the two points but that third period . . . yikes. Not good. We were extremely fortunate to get out of there with a win.

    At least they shouldn’t be overconfident. The coaches will gave plenty for them to work on.
    Yes, agree. If I'm RPI I come in confident next weekend... still, glad the games are at Class of '65. Would not have predicted that at the start of the year!

  9. #509
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    465

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Congrats on controlling your destiny and securing the #6 seed with tonight's W and a rematch next week!

  10. #510
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    I think that we got comfortable in the 3rd and was just going through the motions

  11. #511
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    143

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Last time Colgate scored five goals?
    Saturday, November 25, at Western Michigan.
    5-1 win.
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

  12. #512
    Raider Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Congrats to the team on a 6th place finish and a first round home playoff series!

    Side note - anyone know why we wore our white (home) jerseys at RPI last night? Since we wore the maroon (road) jerseys at Union, it means we packed BOTH our sweaters for a regular ECAC road trip. Was one of the Capital District teams trying to tap into our psyche this weekend? Thankfully that didn’t work.

  13. #513
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    313

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Congrats to the team on a 6th place finish and a first round home playoff series!

    Side note - anyone know why we wore our white (home) jerseys at RPI last night? Since we wore the maroon (road) jerseys at Union, it means we packed BOTH our sweaters for a regular ECAC road trip. Was one of the Capital District teams trying to tap into our psyche this weekend? Thankfully that didn’t work.
    Rainman.....I wondered the same thing. I think it was because it was RPI's big red freak out game, so they wore their red/away jerseys.
    Great game for Colgate. Looking forward to the rematches!!

  14. #514
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,350

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    It didn't come easy but home ice was unexpected and a big step moving forward. Also, I didn't expect three points this weekend and for us to look better against Union than against RPI despite the score. Not sure what happened in the third, did we go into a" prevent defense" outshot 22-4.

    All good right now, we got what we wanted.

    One more win would have tied us for fourth with Harvard and we swept them for the first tiebreaker, A FIRST ROUND BYE !!
    Last edited by sshablak; 02-25-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  15. #515
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    465

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    It didn't come easy but home ice was unexpected and a big step moving forward. Also, I didn't expect three points this weekend and for us to look better against Union than against RPI despite the score. Not sure what happened in the third, did we go into a" prevent defense" outshot 22-4.

    All good right now, we got what we wanted.

    One more win would have tied us for fourth with Harvard and we swept them for the first tiebreaker, A FIRST ROUND BYE !!
    Congrats, you guys are coming in on a roll and not by shear coincidence that a guy named Point in goal returned. As I stated, a 'hot" goalie can take you to the promiseland...it has been proven time and time again. How about just one more point (turning a loss into a tie) would have gotten you a clear #5 seed. Good luck the rest of the way!

  16. #516
    Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    One more win would have tied us for fourth with Harvard and we swept them for the first tiebreaker, A FIRST ROUND BYE !!
    Just shows how every league game counts big-time. Think of the 1-goal games we lost over the season. If just one of those were a win.....oh well.

    Good luck to the team in the rematch with RPI this weekend. No telling how they will come out of the gate, (no pun) but we can't take anything for granted. They have shown to be a tough opponent.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

  17. #517
    Raider Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,546

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    For those who may be interested, Kyle Baun was just traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs:
    https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/statu...04041018396674
    Colgate '09

  18. #518
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,350

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    For those who may be interested, Kyle Baun was just traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs:
    https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/statu...04041018396674
    Playing with his grandfather lol. Rick Nash traded to Bruins also, I like it, Spooner is good though, he'll be missed.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  19. #519
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    598

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    BTW, we also won a lot of one-goal games as well...overall, one can't be displeased, although we've got to get better than what we showed in the third period on Saturday...McAvoy/Jeanson improving game-by-game...as usual the RPI telecast was excellent; good camera angles, professional play-by-play...color guy was somewhat of a whiner, but all-in-all kudos for RPI TV...Q-Pac-Yale matchup could be a classic, especially if there's a game #3...looking forward it's the same old story: a little more speed and skill at the forward position, at least one more year from Colton...and a little better effort by our snowflakes in making their way to "The 65"...

  20. #520
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    516

    Re: Colgate 2017-18

    This is a general ECAC comment, but does anyone know who is going to produce the ECAC final four? All the ECAC says is that it is being broadcast on the web by boxcast for 10 bucks a game. I doubt it will happen but I truly hope and wish that RPITV gets the call. I have always been impressed with their video and production quality. I know they produced it one year in Atlantic City.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •