Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2017-18

I see the PLN is showing the game today, I'll be out of town for a wedding.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

3-1 after the 2nd. This is an entertaining and very competitive game - and one of the best opening games I've seen Gate play. They definitely look like they have some talent and seem faster than previous teams. If they mature over some of the first few contests they might just knock off some higher seeded league teams. The frosh are showing some skill and our passing seems better all around. NU was a good school to schedule for our first game IMHO. Not over yet tho....
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

5-1 win with an ENG. Nice way to kick off the new season. Frosh Tyler Jeanson getting the first goal may augur good things for this class, with frosh McIvoy roofing a nice one halfway through the 3rd. Point had a good game with some great stops. Looked like some crisp passing by Gate and not too many penalties. All in all a good first effort by the guys. Looking forward to Merrimack and AZ State.

Comment

First win of the season
          ECAC Champions: 1990
          NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
          ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
          NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
          Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Didn't get to see/listen to yesterday's game, but it's always nice to start the season 1-0! Last season we coughed up a lead late in our season/home/rink opener to Army and settled for a tie, and I think that's what set the tone for last season's miserable results.

Also, a happy 1st birthday to the Class of 1965 Arena!
            Colgate '09

Comment

All of the goal scorers in yesterday's win are sophomores and freshmen........a good sign, with a team laden with underclassmen. Colton looked good in goal. A good student crowd, too!! A great start to the season! Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Overall, it is hard to be upset with a game that you score 5 goals and two pretty goals (McAvoy's backhand and McMann's kick to his stick). I am a little worried that we didnt get sustained pressure, but its early season and that could be helped by more practice time.

It is nice to get the W but next week should be a good test. Merrimack is not supposed to be dominate in HE but it is still a HE school with some talent.
                Last edited by red133883; 10-02-2017, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Also excited about this season, my first as a Colgate season-ticket-holder.
                  Have been a University of Nebraska - Omaha (UNO) season-ticket-holder for years, but just moved back to upstate New York.
                  Missed Saturday's game for last (auto) race of the season, but am now fully in college hockey mode.
                  Purchased Frozen Four tickets last week, and have tickets in hand for Colgate at New Hampshire games on October 13-14, and RPI at Clarkson & Saint Lawrence on November 5-6.
                  May travel to Canisius, too, on October 21 to see their unique arena in Buffalo (fifth floor rink?).
                  Should be a fun season and (hopefully) a winning one.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    Have been a University of Nebraska - Omaha (UNO) season-ticket-holder for years, but just moved back to upstate New York.
                    Missed Saturday's game for last (auto) race of the season, but am now fully in college hockey mode.
                    Purchased Frozen Four tickets last week, and have tickets in hand for Colgate at New Hampshire games on October 13-14, and RPI at Clarkson & Saint Lawrence on November 5-6.
                    May travel to Canisius, too, on October 21 to see their unique arena in Buffalo (fifth floor rink?).
                    Happy to have another 'Gate fan on board. Hope we don't disappoint you this season. But geez....you must put a lot of miles on your car..

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      Happy to have another 'Gate fan on board. Hope we don't disappoint you this season. But geez....you must put a lot of miles on your car..
                      Thanks! And I do put a lot of miles on my car. he he he

First and foremost, I am a college hockey fan.
                      Second, I am a Colgate fan (two brothers, William Schmeh and Al Schmeh, both graduated from 'Gate).
                      Third, I am an Omaha fan (closest D-1 hockey program to Knoxville, Iowa, where I lived for the last 28 years).
                      Fourth, I am a fan of all other men's teams (except Cornell, North Dakota and Michigan).

Besides being an Omaha season-ticket-holder in recent years, I have seen them (and others) at Note Dame, Colorado College, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Denver, Fairbanks, Alaska - Anchorage, Vermont, Minnesota State, Minnesota, Saint Cloud, Western Michigan, Ohio State, Miami (Ohio), Illinois - Chicago (defunct), Kansas City (Ice Breaker), Cincinnati (NCAA Regional), and most Frozen Four tournaments since 1991.

Comment

A serious fan, we need more of you! Welcome aboard.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Fourth, I am a fan of all other men's teams (except Cornell
                          We don't really like Cornell around here. Students are taught they're our biggest rival, although the Big Red view Harvard as their adversary.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                            We don't really like Cornell around here. Students are taught they're our biggest rival, although the Big Red view Harvard as their adversary.
                            The Big Red treat everyone as an inferior rival!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Does anyone know anything about Merrimack? It's there first games and supposed to be middle of the pack HE. Anyone we need to watch out for?

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                                Does anyone know anything about Merrimack? It's there first games and supposed to be middle of the pack HE. Anyone we need to watch out for?
                                Merrimack
                                Last season
                                15-16-6, 8-8-6 Hockey East (7th); lost to New Hampshire in Hockey East first round

Names to know
                                Though Merrimack’s offense wasn’t exactly considered prolific a season ago (46th nationally), the team returns five of its top-six point getters. The glaring loss is Hampus Gustafsson, whose 15 goals led the team, but senior Brett Seney may be ready for his breakout season. Last year, Seney posted a career-high 31 points to lead Merrimack and has proven he has a nose for the net, twice recording double-digit goal season. The key player for this team, though, may be Drew Vogler. It’s hard to call Vogler a backup goaltender in his first two seasons, but he was playing alongside Collin Delia, who signed with Chicago in the offseason. Vogler will now be the go-to guy and have the chance to prove he can lead a team from the back end

Comment

Working...
                                X