Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2017-18

Go 'Gate!

Re: Colgate 2017-18

Point may be good/great, and so is giving up only 1 goal. For Colgate, that is always enough for the opponent to win, even 5-26-4 RPI. Did not watch the game, but the Engineers started a freshman goalie who only gave up 2 in a playoff game, so not sure how Point was the better goalie. And how does a team win face-offs almost 2:1 and still get out-shot? Good grief.

The women's team could use some good luck today!
    C O L G A T E
    1990 NCAA FINALS

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by TchrBill View Post
    Point may be good/great, and so is giving up only 1 goal. For Colgate, that is always enough for the opponent to win, even 5-26-4 RPI. Did not watch the game, but the Engineers started a freshman goalie who only gave up 2 in a playoff game, so not sure how Point was the better goalie.
    Whaaaa? Point was the better goalie because he gave up one goal. The other guy gave up two. Duh....

Here every day

Quote Originally Posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Whaaaa? Point was the better goalie because he gave up one goal. The other guy gave up two. Duh....
    You're right Colskate, we won and Point was awesome. Not only didn't I go to the game, or listen, I was looking for the women's game score and it's not until today.

Was the game broadcast on WKXZ, I tried to listen and it wasn't there either. Now I know, they played last night.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    You're right Colskate, we won and Point was awesome. Not only didn't I go to the game, or listen, I was looking for the women's game score and it's not until today.

Was the game broadcast on WKXZ, I tried to listen and it wasn't there either. Now I know, they played last night.
    Yeah Shabby. It was on WKXZ. John McGraw was not the announcer; must have been snowed in at home. Women won I see over Clarkson. Great!
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Great job Nick, Trevor, Tyler, Henry, Paul, Josh, Nick and Evan"

Here every day

Yeah Shabby. It was on WKXZ. John McGraw was not the announcer; must have been snowed in at home. Women won I see over Clarkson. Great!
    You busting on me, the women play Cornell at four today.

You busting on me, the women play Cornell at four today.
    My bad. Yes, 4 PM vs Cornell today. Website indicates it will be on ESPN(U). Better check this out if you want to watch; not sure if you have to have ESPN(U) via cable or can get it through the Colgate athletic website...

Men tonite on WKXZ radio if you can't make it. My car is stuck in mud in my driveway so guess I'll be Boxcasting it.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Great job Nick, Trevor, Tyler, Henry, Paul, Josh, Nick and Evan"

Here every day

You sure it's not on ESPN3 ???

You sure it's not on ESPN3 ???
    You are probably right. Women up 4-1 now.

last night's over (and we didn't impress anybody then), but tonight's first twenty minutes is probably the worst period of play this year...

Go 'Gate!

You misread my post. Yes, Point won the game (duh), but in some games that lone goal is just enough to help us lose...like tonight. For a freshman, RPI's goalie only gave up 2 yesterday and kept us in check. Good thing we are nowhere near the PWR bubble or this sad game would send us into oblivion.
    C O L G A T E
    1990 NCAA FINALS

hardly a surprise, is it?

Pathetic performance by Colgate tonight. To get shut out by the 11th place team at home ó and itís not like their goaltender had to stand on his head. Our forwards just donít have any talent. If Iím Point Iím gone if I get any kind of pro offer.
    TchrBill - I love ya but I hope youíre not blaming Point for this loss.
    Last edited by Magoo; 03-03-2018 at 08:34 PM.

AMEN Magoo

I'm considering driving out for tomorrow night's game but I don't see a link on the Colgate ticket site for the game (and the tickets link on the schedule page just leads to a "No events available" page). I assume there is some mechanism for advance purchases. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    I'm considering driving out for tomorrow night's game but I don't see a link on the Colgate ticket site for the game (and the tickets link on the schedule page just leads to a "No events available" page). I assume there is some mechanism for advance purchases. Can anyone provide a link? Thanks.
    You wonít have any trouble getting tickets at the door tomorrow. From what I could see there were about 50 people at tonightís game.

Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    You can get a ticket at the box office when you arrive..should be no problem. And there is standing room.....in fact standing room is better than any seat.

It took me 2:50 to see this game on Boxcast. Did anyone else have trouble with constant buffering? It was stop action all night; geez, I've never been so ****ed after shelling out 10 bucks...thanks for nothing Boxcast!

Colskate ó it wasnít so much Boxcast as it was our players being in stop action all night. Silver Puck should reimburse all of us who paid the $10 for that fiasco.

I know some say a bad night of hockey is better than no hockey at all, but I just donít know. For the first time, I watched the game from the front row of the Sullivan Suite. Great view of that goaltender and end, but it really isnít for me. Back to my season seat for tomorrow and next year. Itís pretty sad when my enjoyment tonight came from the chicken strips & pasta salad, and visiting with Colgate83 again, and new friends Russ from Hamilton, a couple from Latham (RPI fans), and a professor from Colgate (who reads this page religiously). I wish I was better with names. Anyway, letís hope we get back on track tomorrow night. Carry on.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Pathetic performance by Colgate tonight. To get shut out by the 11th place team at home — and it’s not like their goaltender had to stand on his head. Our forwards just don’t have any talent. If I’m Point I’m gone if I get any kind of pro offer.
    TchrBill - I love ya but I hope you’re not blaming Point for this loss.
    Were you out for coffee in the 2nd? I'd say y'all dominated that period, even there was nothing on the board to show for it.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Magoo, as long as Point doesnít see an immediate pathway with the Stars, we should be lucky enough to keep him for two more years. If he remains all four years, he can wait it out until June 1 of the year he graduates and become a free agent (as several drafted college stars have done lately). If he decided to turn pro after this season, heíd have to sign with the Stars, who have his rights. In 2020 after June 1, he can sign with whatever team he thinks is best for his career.

Thread Information