Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Iowabasedtraveler is rapidly becoming my idol...love the passion and commitment...also rooting for Princeton (even Clarkson and Cornell)...this type of recruiting is typical for Colgate...I will say we are losing the two back-up goalies, Wedberg, Peterson and Panowyck...lose five, bring in five or six (Vachon looks like 2019)...I WOULD like to see some additional commits out in 2021...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      I know. This has bugged me for years...

Three of the six are from Brooks (AJHL). It appears Union is the only school with fewer recruits with 5.
      4, one decommitted earlier this week.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        4, one decommitted earlier this week.
        Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
          Which one?
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Maybe that landing spot will be Gate?
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

All ECAC teams now eliminated from the tournament...

Comment

First recruit commit this year, Jared Marino, 6-3 205# forward from Kelowna BCHL. Captain of team and second leading scorer, looks promising, looks like a late bloomer having his best year. About time !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

indeed...6'3", 205 pounds, possibly a steal this late in 2018-19 recruiting cycle...massive jump in PPG from 2016-17 to 2017-18...let's hope...

Comment

The NCAA "Midwest" Regional in Allentown (Penna.) was a positive experience for me, as they (the city and the PPL Center) truly showed that it was important to them.
                    The three games were all lop-sided, but the better team earned the win each game. Ohio State deserves to advance to the Frozen Four in Saint Paul (Minn.) in two weeks.
                    Allentown will host next year's "Midwest" Regional also, and I will plan on attending unless Colgate (or Omaha) is seeded elsewhere. I will also attend the 2019 Frozen Four in Buffalo (N.Y.).
                    Amongst the side trips this past weekend were Allentown (America on Wheels museum tour), Pottsville (Yuengling brewery tour), Bethlehem (Bethlehem Steel Museum tour), Gap (Amish), former Mauch Chunk (Jim Thorpe Memorial) and Reading (Reading Royals ECHL game).
                    I also met 1968 Colgate alum (and basketball player) John Gee from Rochester, N.Y., at the Regional, which was fun. Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                      indeed...6'3", 205 pounds, possibly a steal this late in 2018-19 recruiting cycle...massive jump in PPG from 2016-17 to 2017-18...let's hope...
                      Hope springs eternal, as my wife says. Hope she wasn't referring to me !

Comment

BTW...I read somewhere(forgot where) that the Lady Raiders have the #1 recruiting class in all of D1. Two coming from the Lady Ducks of Anaheim, you want to see a program, check that site out. They have about twenty teams including U19AAA, U19AA, and U19A, our two are from the U19AAA .

Comment

indeed they do, according to "Neutral Zone's" analysis...just got access to their site (it's tremendous, but does cost a little $$$)...wish I could say the same about the MIH's efforts...frankly, not enough 4 star and up recruits...lots of kids in the 3.75 range (out of five)...Connecticut has a strong class next year (both in depth and quality) as well as the usual suspects...to be honest, the recruiting looks "OK" but nothing, at least on paper, to get nuts about...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            indeed they do, according to "Neutral Zone's" analysis...just got access to their site (it's tremendous, but does cost a little $$$)...wish I could say the same about the MIH's efforts...frankly, not enough 4 star and up recruits...lots of kids in the 3.75 range (out of five)...Connecticut has a strong class next year (both in depth and quality) as well as the usual suspects...to be honest, the recruiting looks "OK" but nothing, at least on paper, to get nuts about...
                            Just be aware that the rankings are misleading until the official classes are announced, a team like UConn has some good recruits but they definitely won't be #1 when things are all said and done, for Clarkson they haven't even updated the fact that Nick Campoli didn't make it through the NCAA clearing house so he was pushed back to the 18-19 class yet NZ still has him as a part of the 17-18 class so in theory Clarkson should have 2 guys that are 4.25 stars in Dunne and Hurley and then 3 guys that are 4 stars in Campoli, Klack, Tisdale.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                              The NCAA "Midwest" Regional in Allentown (Penna.) was a positive experience for me, as they (the city and the PPL Center) truly showed that it was important to them.
                              The three games were all lop-sided, but the better team earned the win each game. Ohio State deserves to advance to the Frozen Four in Saint Paul (Minn.) in two weeks.
                              Allentown will host next year's "Midwest" Regional also, and I will plan on attending unless Colgate (or Omaha) is seeded elsewhere. I will also attend the 2019 Frozen Four in Buffalo (N.Y.).
                              Amongst the side trips this past weekend were Allentown (America on Wheels museum tour), Pottsville (Yuengling brewery tour), Bethlehem (Bethlehem Steel Museum tour), Gap (Amish), former Mauch Chunk (Jim Thorpe Memorial) and Reading (Reading Royals ECHL game).
                              I also met 1968 Colgate alum (and basketball player) John Gee from Rochester, N.Y., at the Regional, which was fun. Go 'Gate!
                              I wish I were smoking what you're smoking. Sheez, you get around

Incidentally, I remember Johnny Gee reffing some of the Colgate basketball games back in the 60's (that really dates me..ugh)

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                I wish I were smoking what you're smoking. Sheez, you get around

Incidentally, I remember Johnny Gee reffing some of the Colgate basketball games back in the 60's (that really dates me..ugh)
                                Don't smoke, but do pop pills. Medications. he he he. This month marks the one-year anniversary of the start of nine days/nights in hospice, and another 50 in hospital and rehab facility, all in Des Moines.
                                So, you are right, I do try to 'get around' and live life to the fullest now. And, for me, that means rabidly following college hockey in the fall/winter and short-track motorsports in the spring/summer.
                                Colgate hockey and sprint car racing are my specific passions, but I love just Roaming the Rinks and Roaming the Raceways, in general. I truly enjoy researching the history of both sports in my retirement.
                                And I love when people say, 'Live every day like it's your last.' I tell them, 'I did that for nine straight days in Des Moines last March, and it wasn't that much fun!' he he he. Go 'Gate!

Comment

Working...
                                X