Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2017-18

Signer of '65 Arena first beam.

Re: Colgate 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    According to Heisenberg, Jared Marino has decommitted from coming. Also Heisenberg says Arnaud Vachon is coming this year but college commitments says 2019, does anyone know ?
    It looks like 6 coming including 2 goalies. Only 4 D-men or Forwards? That isn't going to do it IMO. Unless we get someone to replace Marino, we're dealing from behind. How are we going to be a legitimate contender in the league if we're shorthanded...especially without Point? Can't answer your Vachon question.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Welcome aboard Mitch, Andrew, Griffin and Jeff"

Brock Men's Hockey

@BrockMensHockey
    Jun 28
    More
    Excited to announce the committment of forward Jared Marino from the West Kelowna Warriors in the BCHL. Welcome Jared!
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

We are actually bringing in one more skater than we lost. The shortfall is at 3rd goaltender so I donít think that will be a big problem. The larger issue in my mind is our lack of bench depth both in commitments and, more importantly in roster size. A fair number of our competitors carry an additional 2-3 players. My understanding is that Colgate made a decision to limit the team size. Thatís a decision that makes no sense to me given the size of the lax and soccer team rosters and I think hurts us competitively (less capacity to absorb recruiting misses, fewer opportunities at an unexpected gem) and ups the risk of an injured player returning too early or hiding the injury in the first place.

Here every day

The girls don't have a numbers problem, something is wrong here.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Made in the USA

The girls don't have a numbers problem, something is wrong here.
    I count 27 on last year's roster (9 D and 3 G, which means 15 F). That actually seems normal, especially considering you have 9 walk-ons and 18 scholarships, you're only able to dress effectively 20 for a game (sure you could dress the third string, but they're typically there for practice purposes except in extreme circumstances), and the league only permits you 3 changes for who is dressed in a weekend. Having one more skater next year makes sense because of the rule change where you're allowed an extra skater to dress. I don't see a depth issue at all, at least not relative to other teams. I could understand your concern if you had less, and you don't really want too many more since ice time really becomes a concern.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Recent events simply re-emphasize the point: the program still bears the responsibility for demonstrating that the (state-of-the-art) Class of 65 Arena has been worth the cost, at least as it pertains to MEN's hockey...at least at this point I look out another two years regarding incoming recruits and see good, but not outstanding, DI-capable hockey players...I have enjoyed the discussion above, but the more things change with our men's hockey program, the more they stay the same...anybody who is, at this point, not getting rather impatient has a temperament that is remarkable (or they are below 50 years of age)...I have neither luxury...

I'm confused. CHN is reporting that 19 players can now dress for games. I assume this is a change from 18. Can someone clarify this.

Also there seems to be a kerfuffle about the shootout returning. From what I've read there are conflicting reports as to whether it can be used only in regular season games or in the post-season. Also the question of each league determining on their own as to keeping OT or going with the shootout. Can someone provide the straight skinny on this? Would the ECAC adopt the shootout?

Quote Originally Posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    I'm confused. CHN is reporting that 19 players can now dress for games. I assume this is a change from 18. Can someone clarify this.

Also there seems to be a kerfuffle about the shootout returning. From what I've read there are conflicting reports as to whether it can be used only in regular season games or in the post-season. Also the question of each league determining on their own as to keeping OT or going with the shootout. Can someone provide the straight skinny on this? Would the ECAC adopt the shootout?
    Read the "Rule Changes: Who got screwed and wants a fix?" thread.

Made in the USA

This is one of the rule changes. Every other year, the rules committee meets to make changes to the game. This happens to be the off-season for that, and is one of the changes. It's already used in international play.

As for the skills competitio- er shootout, it's probably going to be business as usual in league play. In non-league play, you're not going to see it anymore unless you're in a tournament.

And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    ....it's probably going to be business as usual in league play. In non-league play, you're not going to see it anymore unless you're in a tournament.
    Does "business as usual" mean we'll see OT mostly or shootouts in RS games? "In non-league play you're not going to see it anymore" - does this mean we're not going to see OT anymore or shootouts? In tournaments, we'll see shootouts?? Sorry for all the questions..

Made in the USA

Does "business as usual" mean we'll see OT mostly or shootouts in RS games? "In non-league play you're not going to see it anymore" - does this mean we're not going to see OT anymore or shootouts? In tournaments, we'll see shootouts?? Sorry for all the questions..
    It's quite alright for questions. In years prior, ECAC games, as well as non-conference games hosted by a team in the ECAC not part of a tournament, ended in a tie after 5 minute overtimes. It is expected that this is not going to change.

You may have seen, in non-conference games hosted by a team in a western league (sadly I don't have an example for your team in recent history, so I'll have to cite this game as an example: http://collegehockeystats.net/1718/boxes/mosuren1.o13 ), after the 65 minutes of play, it was that particular league's policy to have a shootout that didn't count for anything in official standings, but was kept as protocol because the conference (in this case, B1G) used it for their standings purposes and kept it for all games for simplicity's sake. According to the new rules, for a non-conference game not involving some form of tournament, the game ends after the 65 minutes which includes the five minutes of OT, shake hands (assuming the end of the series), and hit the showers. Only if some sort of advancement is needed (possibly also if a trophy is on the line), will a shootout (or continuous overtimes, like the Beanpot uses) happen.

tl;dr: You'll still see OT. You'll only see shootouts in tournament games, except for the league and national tournaments, which will still use 20 minute periods until someone scores.

One of your coaches on river hawks radar

Here every day

Fargo ??
    It all starts with the goaltending.

I miss Tie Domi
    Fargo ??
    He apparently enjoys being vague. Pagliero said to be in the running for UML AC job - same duties as his Gate role -- recruiting , coaching goalies and D. Unions AC Tapp withdrew his name this week. Pags may be the frontrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    He apparently enjoys being vague. Pagliero said to be in the running for UML AC job - same duties as his Gate role -- recruiting , coaching goalies and D. Unions AC Tapp withdrew his name this week. Pags may be the frontrunner
    Thanks

wouldn't be surprised to see Pagliero go to River Hawks...I think he's responsible for recruiting Colton Point and, why not, moving gives him a better chance to be on a top tier program (our program? mediocre at best)...BTW, typically, no updates on 2018-19 roster as well...is Vachon coming? is Gallant coming? Apparently, those in charge believe that the program's supporters (fiscal and otherwise) are a bunch of rubes...I keep giving every year, so I guess they're right...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    wouldn't be surprised to see Pagliero go to River Hawks...I think he's responsible for recruiting Colton Point and, why not, moving gives him a better chance to be on a top tier program (our program? mediocre at best)...BTW, typically, no updates on 2018-19 roster as well...is Vachon coming? is Gallant coming? Apparently, those in charge believe that the program's supporters (fiscal and otherwise) are a bunch of rubes...I keep giving every year, so I guess they're right...
    The last hockey SID left for a similar position with another school last month. A new hockey SID was hired last week to the best of my knowledge. I don't think she has officially started yet. Also keep in mind that the incoming class might not be complete at this time since they need another goalie and possibly an extra skater as well.

The young man from Brooks is still listed with his AJHL team in what will be his final Jr A season of eligibility. The other young man you mention played in the NCDC last year and was selected by the Chicago Steel in the USHL Phase II draft this spring. I would think he'll be in the USHL this season though EliteProspects lists him as 2018-19 for Colgate.

as usual 'Gate Radio delivers...thanks...frustrating to see Marino bolt...his #s in BCHL improved dramatically every year...and, yes, we do need a third goalie...I know Dallas went after Point very hard...time to start scoring 3 goals/game (2.75 probably more realistic), but the natives are getting a little impatient and they have cause to be IMO...Colorado College building new facility on their campus...we watch their progress with interest...

....but the natives are getting a little impatient and they have cause to be IMO...
    GC, you've said this the past 4-5 seasons I believe. Patience can't last forever.....

Nope......
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Thread Information