Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Don has been behind the bench for Colgate 901 times and has 398 wins. Bob Gaudet has coached 925 games for Dartmouth and has 384 wins.
    Go 'Gate!! Go Don!!!

Comment

ECAC WIH 1st Placers, #3 Colgate ( #2 PWR ) and #7 Cornell ( #6 PWR ) h&h battle Dec. 1 & 2

It doesn't get much better than this during the regular season. Cornell ( 5-3-1, 5-1 ) is coming off a sweep of #10 Providence on the road. Colgate ( 14-2-0, 5-1 ) registered its second loss of the season to Minnesota-Duluth 4-1 on Friday and rebounded to knock off RIT 6-1 on Saturday in the Windjammer's Classic at the University of Vermont.

A sweep by Colgate would go a long way to confirm that they are clearly one of the 3 top teams in the ECAC and a serious NCAA tournament candidate, as mid-season break approaches. 'Gate would also surely reclaim #2 in the national polls. Cornell has been Colgate's nemesis in recent years, dominating the series for the past 10 years. Cornell leads the series 13-21-4.

A sweep by Cornell will power them up several places in the PWR and the national polls. So, there's a lot at stake, not to mention continuing to be co-#1 in the ECAC.

I hate being a pure homer. Not my nature. But, Colgate has to get the Big Red monkey off it's back. I'll go with a 'gate sweep this weekend.
      Last edited by Raider Archivist; 11-29-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Archivist ur on the wrong thread. There is a WIH thread, take a look. Don't confuse us.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Archivist ur on the wrong thread. There is a WIH thread, take a look. Don't confuse us.
          For some reason the Archivist feels the womens great start has to be included in both the mens and womens page.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

He puts the same thing on Tapatalk too. Very articulate, a true fan, prob should stay on womans hockey though.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

what is going on today, no real great chances nor a good performance from point, these are the games that come back to bite us when we are looking for an at-large bid. I know we are a long time away from that, but just didnt look like they were ready for the 4pm start
              Last edited by red133883; 12-02-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Agree, total trap game that trapped us. Somebody forgot to tell the team that every team is dangerous if you appear not to take them seriously...Hard to come back from 0-3 in the 3rd...

Comment

We went up to the game, should've stayed home... the team did. Came out completely flat, let Army's size & ugly style of play bother us, 3rd goal by Army was on Point (first two were good shots where he was screened). Enjoyed seeing Army's rink which I had not been to before, nice & steep with good sight lines... that's the only positive I can come up with. On to UConn, hopefully this is a one-off we can put in the rear view...

Comment

$30 in fuel. $15 ticket. $10 chicken strips & fries.
                    If I had known that they were going to play below expectations, I likely would have stayed home and applied the dollars saved towards a special holiday brunch at the Colgate Inn.
                    Except, you never know.
                    You either play at expectation, above expectation or below expectation.
                    As a team, they played below expectation today.
                    My guess is that Colton Point would agree that he played below expectation today. I'm sure he wants the third goal back.
                    But, even so, we would have lost 2-1. He played good, but not great.
                    In my opinion, we will live or die on the back of Colton Point this year.
                    It is unfair to put that much pressure on any one young man, but it is what it is.
                    It doesn't appear that we have a Jake Guentzel or an Austin Ortega to rescue us if our version of Ryan Massa has an off night (or afternoon).
                    Today's effort, or lack thereof, didn't help us in the PairWise Rankings, which all eyes should be upon from day one (and on not the meaningless polls).
                    It would be ironic if Colgate finished 16th in the PWR and didn't get into the NCAA tourney because Atlantic Hockey's tournament champion gained the final spot.
                    It would be more than ironic if that champion were Army West Point.
                    And, we certainly didn't do Clarkson and the other ECAC Hockey leaders any favors by losing to an Atlantic Hockey team in a non-conference game either.
                    Oh, well, I guess I just expected more today. On to the Yukon.
                    P.S. - to Gate83, the chicken strips & fries were excellent... another plus. he he he
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 12-02-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Aw, no!..........

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                        And, we certainly didn't do Clarkson and the other ECAC Hockey leaders any favors by losing to an Atlantic Hockey team in a non-conference game either.
                        Oh, well, I guess I just expected more today......
                        Amen to that
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                          P.S. - to Gate83, the chicken strips & fries were excellent... another plus. he he he
                          I should have also mentioned the popcorn. Very fresh, lightly salted. The concession guys had a better afternoon than our team...

Comment

Point has given up 15 goals in the last 5 games and appears to be more inconsistent. We won't win without him or with our sporadic offense. Vaughan with his 900th + game and a winning % of...? No, not calling for his head on a platter, but his post-game comments about 'lacking energy' fell very flat of taking responsibility. We are...um, were...a ranked team, playing a one-game, not 2, weekend, against an a sub-.500 opponent that has given us fits. Glad to see we rose to the occasion.
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Slightly off topic: have you looked at the records of college hockey teams overall? Talk about parity. Other than Denver, St. Cloud State, Cornell and Clarkson everyone is at .500 or slightly below or above. What's happened to BU, BC, NoDak, Wisconsin, QU, Yale? The traditional leaders are struggling it seems. Maybe this is the year we have some team like RIT, Niagara...... or Army...egads...as National Champion

At least we have two ECAC teams near the top. It says something about our league.....now we just have to move up....Go 'Gate!

Comment

Ughhh, does Army West Point have our number? We’re 0-2-2 against them in our past 4 matchups.

Hopefully this was just a bad game we needed to get out of our system. Before last night, all off our losses this season were to ranked teams with winning records.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X