Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2017-18

We're #28 in the PWR and ASU about 41st. They have a 1-4-1 record but as shabby has pointed out, this could be deceiving. Should be an interesting two game series, and well attended with student's families in town.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Here's one final reminder that today is the LAST DAY to submit an entry into the ECAC Pick The Standings contest! League play starts tonight, so if you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Girls #1 PWR #5 USCHO
        # 1 in Pairwise and the R.P.I., #5/5 Colgate Womens Ice Hockey faces #2 Clarkson and #7 St Lawrence this weekend

What has been proven over the past 2 years is that the Colgate WIH team belongs in the 4 to 6 team cluster that makes up the upper half of the ECAC. They've been projected as # 4 in the ECAC pre-season poll. To gain elite status, however, the Raiders will have to start routinely beating some of the teams that they're not expected to beat. This weekend in the North Country is such an opportunity.

A split this weekend is both a realistic and desired outcome, from my perspective. Knocking off the defending National Champion, # 2 Clarkson on Friday night is probably a bit of a stretch for the #5 Raiders right now, imho.. But, playing them very tough Friday night may get the Raiders' blood pumping and spirits rising high enough that come Saturday they could knock off # 7 St. Lawrence ( this week, tied with # 7 Northeastern in the USCHO poll ).

What more could you ask for....on the road in the North Country as the #5 ranked team in the country ( and # 1 in Pairwise and the R.P.I. ) ???

Colgate WIH USCHO Fan Forum thread:
        http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...gate-2017-2018
        Last edited by Raider Archivist; 10-27-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

# 5 Colgate WIH 4 #2 Clarkson 3

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Archivist View Post
            # 5 Colgate WIH 4 #2 Clarkson 3
            Nice 3-0 win over the Sun Devils tonight. Great to see the distribution of scoring and assists among many players. Let's do it again tomorrow night.

BTW, Congrats to the women on a huge win up north vs. #2 Clarkson. Our WIH program is unreal and only getting better....

Comment

All right! Let's go for the sweep, Colgate!

Comment

Interesting. Harvard dropped from #2 to #3 and has a 0-0 record. How does a team get ranked so high without playing a game?

Brown 4, Yale 1. Is Brown the new Yale, and is Yale the new Brown? Only time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                  Interesting. Harvard dropped from #2 to #3 and has a 0-0 record. How does a team get ranked so high without playing a game?
                  They're just polls. There were a few years where Cornell was #3 in October despite being 0-0.

Brown 4, Yale 1. Is Brown the new Yale, and is Yale the new Brown? Only time will tell...
                  They've only played 1 game. Brown is just one of those teams that has a knack for defeating Yale.

Congrats to Colton Point on his 1st career shutout! His first career win also came against Arizona State last December!
                  Colgate '09

Comment

[QUOTE=Rainman;6544721]

They've only played 1 game. Brown is just one of those teams that has a knack for defeating Yale.

Actually since Keith Allain became the Yale head coach 11 years ago the Bulldogs are 23-8 against Brown. Last night's win was Brown's first @ Ingalls since March of 2010. Not sure I would call that a knack.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Outshot ASU 48-22 but only came away with the 1-1 tie. Still, I'll take a three-point weekend.

Comment

I would have liked to win the second ASU game but it was probably the outcome the teams deserved. We DOMINATED the 1st, but you could see ASU come back and it was a good match up. They were much bigger than us and it reminded me of traditional Cornell games.

I will say that the puck rolled over the sticks a few times later in the game, I couldn't tell if it was the ice or if we were having issues. Our passes have been fast and on the sticks however or "reception" of the pucks has not been crisp, hopefully that will improve....well it is onto League Play, and I think we will surprise many this year and this year has already been better than expected (most likely do to Point). Look at his numbers, he is "#2" in GAA and Save percentage. The only goalie ahead of him is the Cornell goalie, who has only played two games so it a little deceiving.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                          I would have liked to win the second ASU game but it was probably the outcome the teams deserved. We DOMINATED the 1st, but you could see ASU come back and it was a good match up. They were much bigger than us and it reminded me of traditional Cornell games.

I will say that the puck rolled over the sticks a few times later in the game, I couldn't tell if it was the ice or if we were having issues. Our passes have been fast and on the sticks however or "reception" of the pucks has not been crisp, hopefully that will improve....well it is onto League Play, and I think we will surprise many this year and this year has already been better than expected (most likely do to Point). Look at his numbers, he is "#2" in GAA and Save percentage. The only goalie ahead of him is the Cornell goalie, who has only played two games so it a little deceiving.
                          And look who they played
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Our PP and penalty minutes are substandard while our goaltending is super. Point is in reality leading the nation in GAA when you consider that Cornell and Harvard's stats are meaningless. Our GA numbers are better that our offense numbers, but we gotta get our GPG figures up.....2.28 isn't looking so good

Comment

Hey Gate fans! ASU guy here. Enjoyed playing you guys these past two seasons. I grew up in Vermont and used to love the ECAC matches with you and UVM. As an ASU Alum it was great seeing our school on the same ice. Never thought I would see D1 hockey at ASU. You guys looked much better than last year and I wish you the best of luck this season. You have an absolutely beautiful arena. I have to make it up to see it in person some day. We are supposed to get word on ours shortly and wish they would do something like yours. Cheers, Gate fans!

Go Devils!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                                Hey Gate fans! ASU guy here. Enjoyed playing you guys these past two seasons. I grew up in Vermont and used to love the ECAC matches with you and UVM. As an ASU Alum it was great seeing our school on the same ice. Never thought I would see D1 hockey at ASU. You guys looked much better than last year and I wish you the best of luck this season. You have an absolutely beautiful arena. I have to make it up to see it in person some day. We are supposed to get word on ours shortly and wish they would do something like yours. Cheers, Gate fans!

Go Devils!
                                Thanks Revs. It was great playing the Sun Devils at home and at your place. When you get some word on your new rink please pass it along. Always interested in seeing what other schools are doing with their hockey programs. You have a big team and they performed well in Hamilton, especially the last two periods of Saturday's game. Good luck the rest of the season. I hope the schools will make this a home & home series again in the future. The players appreciate taking in the warm weather and sun in AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X