Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Yale Hockey 2017-2018 Season Thread

Re: Yale Hockey 2017-2018 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BIG Green View Post
    Congrats on a nice bounce back win! Good luck the rest of the way! Thanks for enjoying what Hanover/Lebanon has to offer and coming out to the Ledyard!
    Revenge from an earlier loss is a dish best served cold, it certainly was cold!
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Nice win after Friday's no show. Even a PP goal. Looking forward to 2018.

Former Yale players Marc Arcobello, Brian O'Neill and Broc Little have been selected for the 2018 U.S. Olympic Hockey team.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Contrats to the players. I can't wait to see them all again. If only the games were in a closer country I would be able to go. Alas. But I'm willing to wake up at all crazy hours.
    Boolaboola

Happy about the Saturday effort, but not so much about Friday. I was not able to go due to other obligations.

Still have to find ways to stay out of the box.
    Boolaboola

A very sad day in the Yale community. Carm Cozza, Yale's legendary football coach and an even greater man, passed away this morning at the age of 87. RIP, Carm

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    A very sad day in the Yale community. Carm Cozza, Yale's legendary football coach and an even greater man, passed away this morning at the age of 87. RIP, Carm
    A class act, I loved the fact that he stayed involved by broadcasting the games. I am sure there will be many tributes at the Walter Camp banquet. RIP Coach Cozza.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    A class act, I loved the fact that he stayed involved by broadcasting the games. I am sure there will be many tributes at the Walter Camp banquet. RIP Coach Cozza.
    I suspected he might not be doing well since he missed the radio broadcasts this past season. I'm glad he was able to see Yale win one more Ivy Football title. The Ivy League should name one of their football awards after him.

I met Carm Cozza back around '72 when my boy scout troup did rope guard duty at the Bowl. He took a lot of time that morning chatting with us and thanking us for volunteering our time that day (very cold and rainy as I recall). I remember being in awe of him as he was (to a 12 yr old kid) an imposing figure.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20180104hlwwpp

Tom Beckett, Yale Athletics Director

"Coach Carm Cozza was one of our nation's outstanding role models and leaders of young men. His legacy will have a lasting influence on the Yale Community and beyond."

Dr. Pat Ruwe '83, Yale Football Captain and President of Yale Football Association

"Today we Men of Yale Football, the Yale Football Family, Yale University, and America herself lost a piece of our foundation. For over 50 years, legendary coach Carm Cozza represented Yale Football and his Community with unmatched honor, dignity, and class. Ferociously competitive yet humble and unfailingly loyal, Coach was once called Yale's greatest teacher and was the ultimate role model to those young men fortunate enough to play for him."

"I was blessed to stay involved with Coach after my playing days as his team doctor, chauffeur, and friend, and I saw up close the real man, which is where his star shined even more brightly," said Ruwe. "There was no finer human being who ever walked the sidelines or wore the Yale Blue. We will miss you Coach. You were loved."

Tony Reno, Joel E. Smilow '54 Head Coach of Yale Football

"Words can't express how much Coach Cozza has influenced me as a Coach and a person since I met him. When I was fortunate enough to become the Head Coach of Yale Football, we became very close. He became the mentor that everyone would dream to have."

"It is my job to make sure everything we do with our players and Football family is right by the men who played football at Yale, but also right by Coach Cozza, who built the great family we have today. I look at every decision that way."

Jack Siedlecki, Former Yale Football Head Coach

"Following the death of his broadcast partner Dick Galiette, I invited Carm to ride up front in the team bus with me to away games. I will always cherish the memories of those conversations, many of which had nothing to do with football. He was all about family and football. Just a wonderful man."

Ron Vaccaro '04, Radio Voice of Yale Football

"Carm was the ultimate gentleman. I can't think of a more impactful leader. He was an excellent teacher because he never stopped being a student of life. He was curious, very well-read, and always came up with the perfect one-liner at just the right time. He leaves a shining example for all of us on how to live an inspired life in service to others."

Steve Conn, Yale Associate AD/Sports Publicity Director

"It is hard to imagine Yale Football without Carm, having spent the last 31 years talking with him about the program. His name was not only synonymous with the program, it was the name people around the area thought of as the ultimate sports leader. I recall a media guide bio page mistakenly entitled "Head Cozza, Carm Cozza." That could not have been more appropriate."

Remembering Carm and his family in prayers.

Avery nice tribute and moment of silence was held at the UMass-Yale hockey game tonight. Carm would have been proud of the resilience Yale showed coming back from a 1-2 deficit to win the game. Snively with two goals. KacZpersky in net again for his second straight win.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Avery nice tribute and moment of silence was held at the UMass-Yale hockey game tonight. Carm would have been proud of the resilience Yale showed coming back from a 1-2 deficit to win the game. Snively with two goals. KacZpersky in net again for his second straight win.
    Only saw the 3rd period, the game was on the Eleven Sports Network. Snively was all over the ice. Nice win.

Only saw the 3rd period, the game was on the Eleven Sports Network. Snively was all over the ice. Nice win.
    We were wondering why there were TV timeouts. I was looking for cameras and only saw one active in the corner. Maybe I missed some, the press boxes cameras were unmanned.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Biggest weekend of the season so far. Yale needs to somehow come away with 4 points this weekend. Wishful thinking, but they need to upset Cornell for obvious reasons.

Nice way to sneak out a tie on a Cornell team intent on steamrolling Yale out of the rink. The tying goal was as fluky as they come. Snivelys whiff/ pass faked out the entire building. Big teams cycling have always been Yale’s bugaboo. Cornell does that very well.

A tie is certainly better than a loss, but I think this is one that got away. A 2-0 lead with a minute left in the 2nd, then boom, 2 Cornell goals in a minute and a half of playing time. I know Cornell is very good, and I know Yale could have lost, but I was a bit disappointed.

Pretty good weekend. 3 out of 4 possible points this weekend and now 5-1-1 in the last 6 weeks. The Friday game next week against Union is on ESPN 3.
    Last edited by bulldog10jw; 01-13-2018 at 11:26 PM.

Pretty good weekend. 3 out of 4 possible points this weekend and now 5-1-1 in the last 6 weeks. The Friday game next week against Union is on ESPN 3.
    Promising development as the team seems to be gelling and maturing. The penalties are dropping off which certainly helps Yales cause. Snively and Hitch are stepping it up and the defense is playing well.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Kemp looks solid on D. Great ability to use his body and poke check. I don't think Sweezey had any penalties this weekend. Some nice play from the Smiths, too.
    Cornell ran them around the rink but Yale was incredibly scrappy and fought the whole way. Cornell looks like a real contender. The tie was well earned... although but for a penalty shot off the pipe it could have been a win for Yale.
    Boolaboola

Thread Information