Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2017-2018 Season Thread

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Feed was so bad that I could not stream. Classic stinker after an emotional win. Power play becoming an Achilles heel.
    LTsatch, the feed out of Thompson can be brutal at times and I believed they had issues on Saturday!

Couple of observations:
    Hope number #11 is OK as it looked like he had a shoulder issue on the first shift
    Snively reminds me of Kerfoot, both smaller but shifty and talented offensively and look at what Kerfoot is doing for the Avs now
    Snively might be one of the most dangerous on PP with his decision-making, hands, feet, you name it; a joy to watch
    Hitchcock seemed to force things trying to go 1 on 3 while entering the offensive zone

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
      LTsatch, the feed out of Thompson can be brutal at times and I believed they had issues on Saturday!

Couple of observations:
      Hope number #11 is OK as it looked like he had a shoulder issue on the first shift
      Snively reminds me of Kerfoot, both smaller but shifty and talented offensively and look at what Kerfoot is doing for the Avs now
      Snively might be one of the most dangerous on PP with his decision-making, hands, feet, you name it; a joy to watch
      Hitchcock seemed to force things trying to go 1 on 3 while entering the offensive zone
      I think Snively is more like Andrew Miller with his vision. Stopping on a dime and creating space for himself is fun to watch. He can get a little too cute with his playmaking at times. He is wicked with his stick on defense, obviously too small to take the body. I also believe Kerfoot is much bigger and stronger.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice win after a very slow start that had the Yale crowd worried. SLU seemed to lose a step after the ten-minute mark of the first. Yale basically dominated with the forecheck from that point on. Hat trick by Palecco, two from Snively and three assists from Sweezey, all had great games. Hitchcock is also finding his stride and made many great plays tonight. Tucker looks more and more comfortable in net each game. Much less sprawling and being out of position.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Solid win for Yale. Tonight's game is big. Looking to see this team show they can sweep a weekend,

Comment

Nice win after a very slow start that had the Yale crowd worried. SLU seemed to lose a step after the ten-minute mark of the first. Yale basically dominated with the forecheck from that point on. Hat trick by Palecco, two from Snively and three assists from Sweezey, all had great games. Hitchcock is also finding his stride and made many great plays tonight. Tucker looks more and more comfortable in net each game. Much less sprawling and being out of position.
            Hmmmmm. we lost a step after 10 minute mark of a fairly even first period. Think it had anything to do with the fact we started the game with only 3 full forward lines and one extra forward? Or, the fact we lost one of our best forwards to injury #11 during the game. And lost another forward to that 5 minute major hit near the end of the game. We might not have enough forwards to dress 3 lines tonight against Brown. (And we already have one D Man playing forward as it was last night to complete 3 full lines.) I wouldn't take too much away from thrashing us. We are going to lose 25 games this season.

Tonight will be a legitimate yardstick for you. Our neighbors up the road have a good team and are playing well together. That will be a good test for you. Our league is topsy-turvy at this point. Highest touted teams (Crimson and Q Pac are losing regularly) As always it will be a long and interesting road but we won't be part of the equation. We might not have enough healthy players by year's end to play. Has that ever happened??? Rumor had it our assistant was in Sweden looking for players who could play THIS year, not next. Things have never looked worse for us.
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Hmmmmm. we lost a step after 10 minute mark of a fairly even first period. Think it had anything to do with the fact we started the game with only 3 full forward lines and one extra forward? Or, the fact we lost one of our best forwards to injury #11 during the game. And lost another forward to that 5 minute major hit near the end of the game. We might not have enough forwards to dress 3 lines tonight against Brown. (And we already have one D Man playing forward as it was last night to complete 3 full lines.) I wouldn't take too much away from thrashing us. We are going to lose 25 games this season.

Tonight will be a legitimate yardstick for you. Our neighbors up the road have a good team and are playing well together. That will be a good test for you. Our league is topsy-turvy at this point. Highest touted teams (Crimson and Q Pac are losing regularly) As always it will be a long and interesting road but we won't be part of the equation. We might not have enough healthy players by year's end to play. Has that ever happened??? Rumor had it our assistant was in Sweden looking for players who could play THIS year, not next. Things have never looked worse for us.
              Don't go cursing your neighbors up the road. There has been a lot of inconsistency in our game as well but we have Egle back which should help. Tonight should be a good test against a Yale team that is better than most are giving them credit for.
              Clarkson Golden Knights Men
              10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
              5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
              21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
              ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
              ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
              7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
              National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                Don't go cursing your neighbors up the road. There has been a lot of inconsistency in our game as well but we have Egle back which should help. Tonight should be a good test against a Yale team that is better than most are giving them credit for.
                I did not get to see the game but it sounds from reports that Clarkson basically beat Yale with size and skill. Nice see Palecco have a break out weekend.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Dante Palleco receives ECAC offensive player and rookie of the week awards for his 4G 1A weekend.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Scouting the Enemy: Yale Bulldogs

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-bulldogs.html
                    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                    2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                    https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Quinnipiac shuts out Yale 3-0, wins Heroes Hat

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...-3-0-wins.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Considering going to the UNH v Yale game this coming week...what end would UNH shoot twice? I think I get it looking at the map but it's not listed...thanks in advance!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Considering going to the UNH v Yale game this coming week...what end would UNH shoot twice? I think I get it looking at the map but it's not listed...thanks in advance!
                          Visiting fans usually sit in Aisle 11 where their team shoots twice, Aisle 2 across the way is “usually” full of home fans. Aisles 1&12 will put you behind Yale’s net for the 1st and 3rd periods.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Visiting fans usually sit in Aisle 11 where their team shoots twice, Aisle 2 across the way is “usually” full of home fans. Aisles 1&12 will put you behind Yale’s net for the 1st and 3rd periods.
                            Thanks appreciate the reply!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Was out of the country for the weekend, glad to miss the carnage. The penalties taken and lack of a power play are getting worrisome. Need to right the ship in a very important game against UNH.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Was out of the country for the weekend, glad to miss the carnage. The penalties taken and lack of a power play are getting worrisome. Need to right the ship in a very important game against UNH.
                                It was a disappointing weekend. I did not see the game vs. Princeton but did attend vs. QU. My observations:

Yale must stop taking penalties that are delivered with bad intent. Too many of the penalties were not from (or not only from) being beat on the ice, but were simply from an intent to commit them. A few years ago, Yale would never have done that. I think this is more about attitude than anything else. I hope Coach Allain helps the team to refocus and realize that you can be physical without trying to be a bully. It made me sad to watch.

QU's D made a few errors but the Yale forwards could not bury the shots. Shortridge was excellent and made two great saves, but something should have gone in. I think this has been a trend in the past few years and I am not sure what can be done about it.

With some credit to the QU D, most times Yale got a single shot and then lost possession. There were almost no second chances before the puck was moving back up the ice.

Yale showed almost no speed on Saturday. Perhaps they were tired from Friday and from the penalties. QU skated circles around Yale all night.

The power play was... not good. QU often closed down the time and space when Yale thought there was an opening.

Tucker is ok, but was lucky. Granted the team did him no favors and he kept them in the game, but QU also flat-out missed a couple of open nets and hit a post. That game could have been 6-0 easy.

Kemp's absence was noticed on Saturday. Generally, Kemp has been solid. Not having him impacted the pairings and play at the blue line.

I thought Hitch played well--smart and sharp. He is wonderfully consistent.
                                Last edited by razorben; 11-20-2017, 08:40 AM.
                                Boolaboola

Comment

Working...
                                X