Yale Hockey 2017-2018 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2017-2018 Season Thread

Yale seemed to be just going through the motions, Great D by UMD also stymied the few chances. UMD goalie played well for the deserved shutout.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Would love to try Jessie's have never been there maybe after our game that where we will do dinner!
      $180 with tip for four with two drinks each. Pepper encrusted NY Strip was excellent. Surprising amount of seafood dishes. Good beer selection.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        $180 with tip for four with two drinks each. Pepper encrusted NY Strip was excellent. Surprising amount of seafood dishes. Good beer selection.
        Good call on Jessie’s just like you described and yes seafood is excellent. Their buffet is top notch. Cheers!

Comment

Jekyll and Hyde weekend, nice forecheck on a seemingly disinterested UNH team. UNH finally got on the cycle in the third, but two quick answers by Yale sealed the deal. Kazperski played well, not sure if he was screened on the second goal, if not, it was a softy.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Jekyll and Hyde weekend, nice forecheck on a seemingly disinterested UNH team. UNH finally got on the cycle in the third, but two quick answers by Yale sealed the deal. Kazperski played well, not sure if he was screened on the second goal, if not, it was a softy.
            Congrats on a nice bounce back win! Good luck the rest of the way! Thanks for enjoying what Hanover/Lebanon has to offer and coming out to the Ledyard!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
              Congrats on a nice bounce back win! Good luck the rest of the way! Thanks for enjoying what Hanover/Lebanon has to offer and coming out to the Ledyard!
              Revenge from an earlier loss is a dish best served cold, it certainly was cold!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice win after Friday's no show. Even a PP goal. Looking forward to 2018.

Comment

Former Yale players Marc Arcobello, Brian O'Neill and Broc Little have been selected for the 2018 U.S. Olympic Hockey team.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Contrats to the players. I can't wait to see them all again. If only the games were in a closer country I would be able to go. Alas. But I'm willing to wake up at all crazy hours.
                    Boolaboola

Comment

Happy about the Saturday effort, but not so much about Friday. I was not able to go due to other obligations.

Still have to find ways to stay out of the box.
                      Boolaboola

Comment

A very sad day in the Yale community. Carm Cozza, Yale's legendary football coach and an even greater man, passed away this morning at the age of 87. RIP, Carm

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                          A very sad day in the Yale community. Carm Cozza, Yale's legendary football coach and an even greater man, passed away this morning at the age of 87. RIP, Carm
                          A class act, I loved the fact that he stayed involved by broadcasting the games. I am sure there will be many tributes at the Walter Camp banquet. RIP Coach Cozza.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

A class act, I loved the fact that he stayed involved by broadcasting the games. I am sure there will be many tributes at the Walter Camp banquet. RIP Coach Cozza.
                            I suspected he might not be doing well since he missed the radio broadcasts this past season. I'm glad he was able to see Yale win one more Ivy Football title. The Ivy League should name one of their football awards after him.

Comment

I met Carm Cozza back around '72 when my boy scout troup did rope guard duty at the Bowl. He took a lot of time that morning chatting with us and thanking us for volunteering our time that day (very cold and rainy as I recall). I remember being in awe of him as he was (to a 12 yr old kid) an imposing figure.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20180104hlwwpp

Tom Beckett, Yale Athletics Director

"Coach Carm Cozza was one of our nation's outstanding role models and leaders of young men. His legacy will have a lasting influence on the Yale Community and beyond."

Dr. Pat Ruwe '83, Yale Football Captain and President of Yale Football Association

"Today we Men of Yale Football, the Yale Football Family, Yale University, and America herself lost a piece of our foundation. For over 50 years, legendary coach Carm Cozza represented Yale Football and his Community with unmatched honor, dignity, and class. Ferociously competitive yet humble and unfailingly loyal, Coach was once called Yale's greatest teacher and was the ultimate role model to those young men fortunate enough to play for him."

"I was blessed to stay involved with Coach after my playing days as his team doctor, chauffeur, and friend, and I saw up close the real man, which is where his star shined even more brightly," said Ruwe. "There was no finer human being who ever walked the sidelines or wore the Yale Blue. We will miss you Coach. You were loved."

Tony Reno, Joel E. Smilow '54 Head Coach of Yale Football

"Words can't express how much Coach Cozza has influenced me as a Coach and a person since I met him. When I was fortunate enough to become the Head Coach of Yale Football, we became very close. He became the mentor that everyone would dream to have."

"It is my job to make sure everything we do with our players and Football family is right by the men who played football at Yale, but also right by Coach Cozza, who built the great family we have today. I look at every decision that way."

Jack Siedlecki, Former Yale Football Head Coach

"Following the death of his broadcast partner Dick Galiette, I invited Carm to ride up front in the team bus with me to away games. I will always cherish the memories of those conversations, many of which had nothing to do with football. He was all about family and football. Just a wonderful man."

Ron Vaccaro '04, Radio Voice of Yale Football

"Carm was the ultimate gentleman. I can't think of a more impactful leader. He was an excellent teacher because he never stopped being a student of life. He was curious, very well-read, and always came up with the perfect one-liner at just the right time. He leaves a shining example for all of us on how to live an inspired life in service to others."

Steve Conn, Yale Associate AD/Sports Publicity Director

"It is hard to imagine Yale Football without Carm, having spent the last 31 years talking with him about the program. His name was not only synonymous with the program, it was the name people around the area thought of as the ultimate sports leader. I recall a media guide bio page mistakenly entitled "Head Cozza, Carm Cozza." That could not have been more appropriate."

Comment

Working...
                                X