Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

And that's a wrap...4-2 BU over the Q...

4-2 BC final. Watts 1-3--4.

BC's been up 4-1 in every game this year. 5 on 5 it's been no contest. They really, really need to clean up that penalty kill, though. Of the 6 goals we've given up this year, 5 have been on the power play. Only one EV goal through 3 games against non-bottom feeder teams is pretty solid.

Whatever. PK can be practiced. They're looking good and getting the wins. I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    It's a Tuesday night to be fair. Our weekend games have improved the last couple years to having a few hundred (I know, that's sad too).

In unrelated news Daryl Watts is proof of intelligent design omg
    Women's hockey, we get the $h!+ days and times.

QU put a legit 900+ in the stands for a rare 7:30 Saturday non-league game last weekend.

ECAC mandates 6 pm Friday and 3:00 pm Saturday start times for league games. How stupid is that in terms of encouraging attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
    Women's hockey, we get the $h!+ days and times.

QU put a legit 900+ in the stands for a rare 7:30 Saturday non-league game last weekend.

ECAC mandates 6 pm Friday and 3:00 pm Saturday start times for league games. How stupid is that in terms of encouraging attendance?
    6pm Friday is terrible, but I actually don't mind the "weekend afternoon" niche BC has found.

BC is 16% on the PP and only 75% on the penalty kill and still controlled every game this year. You have to feel like those numbers are both going to improve a ton.

God, I'm just happy I got to watch a game, we haven't had a game in like two weeks...

Very stupid. When did they decide to do that? Didn't they play at 7pm and 4pm before this change? Saturday at 3pm is fine but Friday at 6pm makes no sense at all. There's nothing to be gained by playing at 6pm compared to 7pm. Also, whenever I see games on Friday afternoons at 4pm I wonder what geniuses thought that time would be good for anyone. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    That's hilarious!!! You could come away with the impression they probably lost.

That is some intrepid reporting you did there
    China won 7-1. Game was close for two periods, 1-0 China after one and 3-1 after two. SHU just had nothing left in the tank for the third period.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Very stupid. When did they decide to do that? Didn't they play at 7pm and 4pm before this change? Saturday at 3pm is fine but Friday at 6pm makes no sense at all. There's nothing to be gained by playing at 6pm compared to 7pm. Also, whenever I see games on Friday afternoons at 4pm I wonder what geniuses thought that time would be good for anyone. It's ridiculous.
    They changed from 7 and 4 to 6 and 3 for the 2016-2017 season. Not 100% sure on the reasoning. I think it had more to do with moving Saturday to an earlier time either to allow for earlier arrival back to campus for the road teams or more time between afternoon and evening games in the same facility, then the Friday slot was backed up an hour to ensure a proper rest interval, as I understand it.

I agree that the Saturday time is fine, particularly after the holidays, but the Friday start time is terrible from an attendance perspective.
    Last edited by Rockytop; 10-18-2017 at 11:26 PM.

They changed for 7 and 4 to 6 and 3 for the 2016-2017 season. Not 100% sure on the reasoning. I think it had more to do with moving Saturday to an earlier time either to allow for earlier arrival back to campus for the road teams or more time between afternoon and evening games in the same facility, then the Friday slot was backed up an hour to ensure a proper rest interval, as I understand it.

I agree that the Saturday time is fine, particularly after the holidays, but the Friday start time is terrible from an attendance perspective.
    Terrible for certain. Prime time to start any hockey game on a Friday night is 7pm. To take yourself out of that slot is to treat your sport in a lesser way than it deserves. Shame on all that voted to do this.

Terrible for certain. Prime time to start any hockey game on a Friday night is 7pm. To take yourself out of that slot is to treat your sport in a lesser way than it deserves. Shame on all that voted to do this.
    I believe all the coaches did.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I believe all the coaches did.
    I figured as much but didn't want to assume in case it wasn't their decision. Not too bright on their part. Women's hockey doesn't get a ton of fans at games in general so to make it harder for potential fans to get to a game after work on a Friday seems pretty stupid. Even the majority of D3 games are scheduled for 7pm on Friday nights (men's & women's). That extra hour makes a big difference to someone driving into town for a game but it really has no serious impact on the players and coaches. Boo to the ECAC coaches.

I guess I shouldn't criticize just the ECAC since the WCHA has some Friday start times that are much worse. For example, today there are 2 games that start well before 6pm...one is at 3:07pm and the other is at 3:37pm. Crazy times for a Friday! And what's with the ":07" and ":37" starts anyway?!

And what's with the ":07" and ":37" starts anyway?!
    Players come on the ice on the hour or half hour for introductions and the National Anthem. That takes 7 minutes.

Then the game starts at :07 or :37.

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Players come on the ice on the hour or half hour for introductions and the National Anthem. That takes 7 minutes.

Then the game starts at :07 or :37.
    So get out there for those formalities 7 minutes beforehand and start the game on time like everyone else.

I see RIT hosts Yale at 2 pm today. I agree these are silly start times. If you are going to play afternoon games, why not just play Saturday and Sunday, and miss one fewer day of school? I wonder what the players' preference is.

CCT v SLU on a home and home today and tomorrow both at 3pm. Caveat that the mens teams are playing each night at 7.

Banner raising tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    I see RIT hosts Yale at 2 pm today. I agree these are silly start times. If you are going to play afternoon games, why not just play Saturday and Sunday, and miss one fewer day of school? I wonder what the players' preference is.
    Or for parents who have to take a day off to go watch their daughters play. Makes no sense.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

I guess I shouldn't criticize just the ECAC since the WCHA has some Friday start times that are much worse. For example, today there are 2 games that start well before 6pm...one is at 3:07pm and the other is at 3:37pm. Crazy times for a Friday! And what's with the ":07" and ":37" starts anyway?!
    The WCHA Friday afternoon games are usually due to men's hockey being in the evening on the same rink.

As for the games starting at 07 or 37 rather than 00 or 30, that is to accommodate TV broadcasts. It's definitely a small subset that are televised, but the decision to broadcast is usually made fairly close to game day, and this way, no time change is then needed.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Yale beat RIT
    Maine beat BU (what is going on with the Terriers?)
    Minnesota up on UMD
    Clarkson up on SLU
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    Yale beat RIT
    Maine beat BU (what is going on with the Terriers?)
    Minnesota up on UMD
    Clarkson up on SLU
    2-0 Minnesota over UMD about halfway through the 1st period.

1st period in the books at Duluth. Still 2-0 Minnesota.

Thread Information