Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 718

Thread: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    You might want to look at the "pop ups///blockers" thread on the men's forum which might help you with the issue you're experiencing.
    Thanks for the info. Checked it out but decided to do nothing since it is only happening on USCHO and it seems logical that they should fix their own site.

    I've also had endless computer problems this year due to the shop not following my instructions on copying info from an old computer to a new one last December and I think (I'm hoping) that the problems are now over at last. Technologically speaking, I feel like Tex Cobb after he went 15 rounds with Larry Holmes. I've already got a pop up blocker built in to IE-11, for what that's worth, and looking at info on new ones and what you have to do to make sure you don't screw something else up and end up creating more problems than you had to begin with...well, all I see is Larry Holmes smiling face and the door opening for another 4 or 5 rounds.

    I'm throwin' in the towel.

    A man's got to know his limitations.

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,234

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I'm throwin' in the towel.

    A man's got to know his limitations.
    When it comes to computer issues my knowledge ceiling is middling, at best, also. Although (somehow) last week I was able to clean some malware that infected my machine, after I (stupidly) clicked on a link. After (unsuccessfully) trying Windows Defender I ended up downloading and running four or five different programs, one of which (?) did the trick. Wasted about an hour, but thankfully the malware is gone. As far as this site goes, it seems to be operating normally for me, using Google Chrome.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  3. #123
    Making America Troll Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm a pathetic troll
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    When it comes to computer issues my knowledge ceiling is middling, at best, also. Although (somehow) last week I was able to clean some malware that infected my machine, after I (stupidly) clicked on a link. After (unsuccessfully) trying Windows Defender I ended up downloading and running four or five different programs, one of which (?) did the trick. Wasted about an hour, but thankfully the malware is gone. As far as this site goes, it seems to be operating normally for me, using Google Chrome.
    one of your first defenses should be not use uSoft IE, not that it is any better or worse than others, it is just that more people hate uSoft and hackerz tend to target the big guy (king o the hill)

    second use your host file to block all this crap, what is a host file you ask?
    http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

    lastly never click on any popup unless you are absolutely certain what it is
    Doing my best to alleviate our nations political hysteria.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,531

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    As far as this site goes, it seems to be operating normally for me, using Google Chrome.
    Yeah, I had my anti virus provider suggest that to me last week but the problem that I have with Chrome is that it apparently is even more intrusive/privacy invading than plain old vanilla Google...which is bad enough.

    (For those looking to claim back their privacy from Google, out of principle if nothing else, DuckDuckGo is a good option as is Start Page, although Start Page has some drawbacks for the excellent privacy it guarantees).

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    672

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    How did SHU do against Team China yesterday? Looks like China is at Princeton tonight. Not really sure this question falls under the DI scores...

  6. #126
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    10,124

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Yeah, I had my anti virus provider suggest that to me last week but the problem that I have with Chrome is that it apparently is even more intrusive/privacy invading than plain old vanilla Google...which is bad enough.

    (For those looking to claim back their privacy from Google, out of principle if nothing else, DuckDuckGo is a good option as is Start Page, although Start Page has some drawbacks for the excellent privacy it guarantees).
    Seconded that Chrome has given me no issues on USCHO so far.

    I could not possibly care less if Google has all my information. Let Google take over the world for all I care, at least we would be living in a very convenient dystopia.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,024

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Using a hosts file is a good solution although that tends to head into the advanced user area and just like disabling JavaScript, it is a band aid for what is really the responsibility of whoever is in charge of the security of this website. They should fix it.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    561
    Welcome to the new USCHO Technology Forum!

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 123kidd View Post
    How did SHU do against Team China yesterday? Looks like China is at Princeton tonight. Not really sure this question falls under the DI scores...
    Was wondering that myself. Not posted anywhere that I could find.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
    Was wondering that myself. Not posted anywhere that I could find.
    Spoke with some surly battle-ax from the athletic dept at Sacre Coeur, who genuinely sounded irritated i was inquiring about the women's game vs. China.
    They told me to look it up on the web site. Me: it's not there. Oh. They thought about it, then told me the game was close for the first 2 periods before China scored "3 or 4" in the third. So what was the final score? They said they'd call back when they found out....haven't heard back since. That's all I got, gang!

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Genbeau View Post
    They thought about it, then told me the game was close for the first 2 periods before China scored "3 or 4" in the third.
    That's hilarious!!! You could come away with the impression they probably lost.

    That is some intrepid reporting you did there

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    13

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Would be interesting to know if the former National team members and Raty played in the SH game as they did vs Brown (Box score for China's game vs. St. Anselms reflects all of those players missing)

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,558
    Tonight's only women's hockey game is on ESPN3! And professional dodgeball is on "the ocho."

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Tonight's only women's hockey game is on ESPN3! And professional dodgeball is on "the ocho."
    Wow....almost no one in the stands for QU-BU tonight.

  15. #135
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    10,124

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
    Wow....almost no one in the stands for QU-BU tonight.
    I should hope not, there's no one playing at BU today...

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,024

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop View Post
    Wow....almost no one in the stands for QU-BU tonight.
    BU...funny stuff right there.

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,024

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Tonight's only women's hockey game is on ESPN3! And professional dodgeball is on "the ocho."
    There is a lot of bold strategy in Dodgeball...

  18. #138
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I should hope not, there's no one playing at BU today...
    Ooof...

    Sorry about that!

    and not saying I'd expect there to be any more in Hamden on a Tuesday night, just frustrated at the lack of support.

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    34

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Well, maybe a few more. I really don't see more than, say, 50 fans?

  20. #140
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    10,124

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    It's a Tuesday night to be fair. Our weekend games have improved the last couple years to having a few hundred (I know, that's sad too).

    In unrelated news Daryl Watts is proof of intelligent design omg

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •