Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

St. Lawrence 0, Merrimack 0 - after two.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    St. Lawrence 0, Merrimack 0 - after two.
    And that's how it ended.

End 2
    CCT 1 PSU 0. SOG 21-4

Looks like Sam Ridgewell made a strong statement today in an effort to take back the #1 goalie job after dropping to the #2 goalie for most of last season. She stopped all 42 shots she faced in a 0-0 tie against St. Lawrence today. Her teammates only had 22 shots on goal. Must have been quite a performance!

Gophers and Beavers are tied 1-1 after one.

Any reason the Holy Cross coach wouldn't have switched goalies at some point today on their way to a 9-1 loss? Give the starter a break and give another goalie a chance to face some action. If at no other time, then at very least when you're down 6-1 after 2 periods it's time for a change in goal. Unless the other goalies are both hurt or sick there's no reason to leave the starting goalie in net for the whole agonizing game. Leaving her in makes no sense at all. It does nothing for her or her fellow goalies. Not a bright non-decision there.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Any reason the Holy Cross coach wouldn't have switched goalies at some point today on their way to a 9-1 loss? Give the starter a break and give another goalie a chance to face some action. If at no other time, then at very least when you're down 6-1 after 2 periods it's time for a change in goal. Unless the other goalies are both hurt or sick there's no reason to leave the starting goalie in net for the whole agonizing game. Leaving her in makes no sense at all. It does nothing for her or her fellow goalies. Not a bright non-decision there.
    Agree- very surprising. Is UNH that good? HC has been holding their own vs D1 teams so far this season so that score is a surprise.

After two periods it's Minnesota 3, Bemidji State 2

Duluth is completely useless, yeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I thought a little less useless in the third today than what I saw yesterday although your comment would describe the win column.

Gophers win in OT, 4-3. Baldwin with the game winner.

Gophers win in OT, 4-3. Baldwin with the game winner.
    Wasn't pretty but will go with the old Oakland Raiders slogan...Just win, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I thought a little less useless in the third today than what I saw yesterday although your comment would describe the win column.
    They outshot the Buckeyes 16-6 in the 3rd. I thought they looked very good!

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I guess, given they couldn't even win a game in Boston.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Wasn't pretty but will go with the old Oakland Raiders slogan...Just win, baby.
    Your "Methinks USCHO's website has been slightly "modified" to provide users the opportunity to click on something malicious."

I thought it was only me and that I must have clicked on something by mistake that I shouldn't have that caused this to start happening.

It's been going on now for almost a week but just on this site...was wondering what to do about it...as in "take it into the shop, possibly".

Now that you've shared that maybe the action to take is, nothing? And we should notify USCHO in case they're not aware so they can clean up the site?
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 10-14-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Good question. In a game last year, St. A's scored a touchdown on them, yet the HC coach DID switch goalies after the 4th goal was scored against them. So I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Your "Methinks USCHO's website has been slightly "modified" to provide users the opportunity to click on something malicious."

I thought it was only me and that I must have clicked on something by mistake that I shouldn't have that caused this to start happening.

It's been going on now for almost a week but just on this site...was wondering what to do about it...as in "take it into the shop, possibly".

Now that you've shared that maybe the action to take is, nothing? And we should notify USCHO in case they're not aware so they can clean up the site?
    You might want to look at the "pop ups///blockers" thread on the men's forum which might help you with the issue you're experiencing.

You might want to look at the "pop ups///blockers" thread on the men's forum which might help you with the issue you're experiencing.
    You shouldn't have to "fix" this with disabling JavaScript for this site within your browser because that isn't getting at the root of the problem which is that this site has been compromised. Sounds like a couple of folks tried to notify the mods but haven't gotten any response back.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    You shouldn't have to "fix" this with disabling JavaScript for this site within your browser because that isn't getting at the root of the problem which is that this site has been compromised. Sounds like a couple of folks tried to notify the mods but haven't gotten any response back.
    Yeah, I had the same issue yesterday when it demanded I change my password. I was on my phone at the time and got flooded with fake malware blocker ads

I would send them a note but past experience tells me there is nobody there that cares.

Colgate pounding Northeastern 4-0 in second.

I think it is going to be a long season ahead for both Dartmouth and Yale. Brown too but that's a given. Union will be Union again so I think we have our 4 bottom feeders in the ECAC for this year.

Thread Information