Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 718

Thread: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    How about Robbie Moes 6 goals against Minny State, 2 natural hat tricks by Rennie and Howard and Gebhard getting the primary assist on all 6 goals. Never saw that before.
    True - but the night before the Mavericks played Robert Morris to a tie in regulation, and looked pretty good against the number 9 team in the country (at least on the broadcast). The second game wasn't great, so hope the first one sets the stage for their season.

  2. #62
    Making America Troll Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm a pathetic troll
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    for years I have been hearing that women's college hockey needs to be televised to attract more fans.

    Well, apparently this weekends MN/OSU games were on TV, I hope the people watching enjoyed it, but all the TV time outs made me wish I had stayed home and watched baseball or college football. What I like about hockey is the uninterrupted action, the state MN HS tournament doesn't suffer from TV timeouts, maybe someone can say what all the ads were for, does BTN actually sell that many ads that they have to take a TV timeout every time they blow a whistle? it sure seemed like they did.
    Doing my best to alleviate our nations political hysteria.

  3. #63
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,460

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    for years I have been hearing that women's college hockey needs to be televised to attract more fans.

    Well, apparently this weekends MN/OSU games were on TV, I hope the people watching enjoyed it, but all the TV time outs made me wish I had stayed home and watched baseball or college football. What I like about hockey is the uninterrupted action, the state MN HS tournament doesn't suffer from TV timeouts, maybe someone can say what all the ads were for, does BTN actually sell that many ads that they have to take a TV timeout every time they blow a whistle? it sure seemed like they did.
    All four UM games thus far have had media timeouts. The Friday night game with OSU was the only one where there was a video production crew in the building, although I'm not sure where they were broadcasting (BTNPlus I would guess?)
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    All four UM games thus far have had media timeouts. The Friday night game with OSU was the only one where there was a video production crew in the building, although I'm not sure where they were broadcasting (BTNPlus I would guess?)

    Friday's game was BTN Student U and Saturday's was BTN+.
    The difference appears to be Student U has student announcers and one score/game clock graphic.
    BTN+ has Dan on audio and a different score/game clock graphic.

    The archive of both games just had the camera resting on the ice during 'media' timeouts. Usually if there is a commercial in there and they don't play it in the archive they cut that time out.

    I suspect there are no commercials, just an opportunity for the coaches to confer with players. I also much prefer the game to run through without the extra timeouts.

  5. #65
    Making America Troll Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm a pathetic troll
    Posts
    1,945

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Friday's game was BTN Student U and Saturday's was BTN+.
    The difference appears to be Student U has student announcers and one score/game clock graphic.
    BTN+ has Dan on audio and a different score/game clock graphic.

    The archive of both games just had the camera resting on the ice during 'media' timeouts. Usually if there is a commercial in there and they don't play it in the archive they cut that time out.

    I suspect there are no commercials, just an opportunity for the coaches to confer with players. I also much prefer the game to run through without the extra timeouts.
    so what is a media time out for?

    give Dan an opportunity to scarf down some nachos & cheese whiz
    Doing my best to alleviate our nations political hysteria.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    so what is a media time out for?

    give Dan an opportunity to scarf down some nachos & cheese whiz
    From one of the horses mouths at Ridder I was told that the WCHA allows the "media" timeouts, and UMD has been using them so we decided to use them as well. It's possible I misunderstood or got this kind of garbled.

    The games generally used to last between 1:56-2:04. Pretty great. I can't tell how much longer they are yet but I miss the straight flow of the old days.

  7. #67
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,460

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    From one of the horses mouths at Ridder I was told that the WCHA allows the "media" timeouts, and UMD has been using them so we decided to use them as well. It's possible I misunderstood or got this kind of garbled.

    The games generally used to last between 1:56-2:04. Pretty great. I can't tell how much longer they are yet but I miss the straight flow of the old days.
    Excluding the OT game, the UM games have lasted 2:06, 2:02, and 2:13.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Final:

    Vermont 7, Union 0
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    St. Lawrence 1-0 over Merrimack in the first
    Lindenwood 1-0 over Mercyhurst after one
    Minnesota-BSU are scoreless
    Nothing yet on RPI-RIT
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    It's probably a moral victory for Minnesota to keep a team from scoring for 1 period.

    No score after 1 period between Minnesota and BSU.
    Light the Darkness "17"

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    It's probably a moral victory for Minnesota to keep a team from scoring for 1 period.

    No score after 1 period between Minnesota and BSU.
    Gophers scored in first minute of the second. 1-0 Minnesota
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Zoom Boom is pretty good on the power play...

    1-0 early in the 2nd period for Minnesota.
    Light the Darkness "17"

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    RPI 2-1 over RIT in the second
    Syracuse 2-0 over Providence after two
    Lindenwood 1-0 over Mercyhurst in the second
    St. Lawrence 1-0 over Merrimack in the second
    Minnesota 1-0 over Bemidji in the second
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Syracuse 2-1 over Providence (FINAL)
    Mercyhurst 2, Lindenwood 2 (after two periods)
    St. Lawrence 2, Merrimack 0 (after two periods)
    RPI 2, RIT 1 (after two periods)
    Minnesota 1, Bemidji State 0 (late in second)
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    Syracuse 2-1 over Providence (FINAL)
    Mercyhurst 2, Lindenwood 2 (after two periods)
    St. Lawrence 2, Merrimack 0 (after two periods)
    RPI 2, RIT 1 (after two periods)
    Minnesota 1, Bemidji State 0 (late in second)
    2nd period complete still 1-0 Minnesota...
    Light the Darkness "17"

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    hahaha........Bemidji had a 5 on 3 for 20 seconds and owned the puck the whole time and NEVER took a shot. Those players should be fined.
    And thanked by me

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    31

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    Syracuse 2-1 over Providence (FINAL)
    Mercyhurst 2, Lindenwood 2 (after two periods)
    St. Lawrence 2, Merrimack 0 (after two periods)
    RPI 2, RIT 1 (after two periods)
    Minnesota 1, Bemidji State 0 (late in second)
    Really enjoying the commentary from Merrimack. Great comments, very professional.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Minnesota up 2-0 over BSU in the third
    RPI up 3-1 over RIT in the third
    St. Lawrence 2-1 over Merrimack in the third
    Lindenwood up 3-2 over Mercyhurst in the third
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Huge upset as Lindenwood beats Mercyhurst, 3-2.

    RPI beats RIT 3-1
    St. Lawrence edges Merrimack 2-1

    Minnesota up 2-1 on Bemidji late in the third.
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Minnesota holds on for a 2-1 win over Bemidji.
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •