Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Man. Gophers are going to have problems making the tournament at this rate, let alone getting top 4...
    I think they have a 50/50 chance at top four -- in the WCHA. IMO, the Buckeyes looked like the better team for most of the game.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I think they have a 50/50 chance at top four -- in the WCHA. IMO, the Buckeyes looked like the better team for most of the game.
      Gophers have a lot of work to do if they hope to retain their status as one of the nation's top teams. Right now they are nowhere near the level of recent Minnesota championship squads. But it's a long season, and there will be plenty of opportunities to show improvement in all phases of the game. Hopefully that process will begin to show itself, starting tomorrow afternoon. Based on what we saw this evening, all team members need to do some honest soul searching to figure out what they need do to make the team better. Coaches too.
      Last edited by D2D; 10-07-2017, 12:14 AM.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

As much of a horrorshow as the first period was, the third might have been more disappointing. Tied after a very good second, they mustered four shots, none of which were especially dangerous. I didn't feel a sense of urgency, and it's like they forgot how they scored the six goals from last Sunday and the second period. The third Ohio State goal was one of those fluky things that happens sometimes, but it isn't why they lost

They're playing like a talented but very young and inconsistent team, which is what they are. The defense was soft and frequently out of position, and got less than zero senior leadership. The two senior forwards have been largely invisible; between them, Reilly and Piazza have one assist and ten penalty minutes. Someone is going to have to step up.

I'm pretty sure that the box score is in error in showing Lindsey Agnew on the ice for the second OSU goal; that should be a 24 rather than a 14.

Comment

Better start today. Wisconsin up on Syracuse 2-0 at the end of the first. A pair of PP goals by Claudia Kepler.

Comment

Nearing halftime
            Clarkson 2 Bemidji St. 1

The over wins.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              Better start today. Wisconsin up on Syracuse 2-0 at the end of the first. A pair of PP goals by Claudia Kepler.
              PP goal for Syracuse. 2-1 after two.

Comment

End 2 in Potsdam
                CCT 3 BSU 1
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  PP goal for Syracuse. 2-1 after two.
                  Badgers, 5-2

Comment

FINAL
                    CCT 5 BSU 4 (2 EAGs)
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Bit of a shootout going on between The OSU and Minnesota. Tied up 4-4 near the end of the 2nd period.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Bit of a shootout going on between The OSU and Minnesota. Tied up 4-4 near the end of the 2nd period.
                        Gophers, what the actual hell
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

If you haven't you gotta see this trainwreck.
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-07-2017, 05:32 PM.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

They can go two whole periods without playing any transition defense whatsoever. Of the eight goals Minnesota allowed this weekend, I don't think more than two of them involved Ohio State actually having to set up in the offensive zone.

Comment

How about Robbie Moes 6 goals against Minny State, 2 natural hat tricks by Rennie and Howard and Gebhard getting the primary assist on all 6 goals. Never saw that before.
                              Last edited by vicb; 10-09-2017, 08:07 AM.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                How about Robbie Moes 6 goals against Minny State, 2 natural hat tricks by Rennie and Howard and Gebhard getting the primary assist on all 6 goals. Never saw that before.
                                Yea, that's nuts! What a line. I wonder if they played together the night before as well, or if this was a new line for game 2. RMU has video posted of all the goals, if anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X