Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by Rockytop View Post
    Wow....almost no one in the stands for QU-BU tonight.
    BU...funny stuff right there.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      Tonight's only women's hockey game is on ESPN3! And professional dodgeball is on "the ocho."
      There is a lot of bold strategy in Dodgeball...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I should hope not, there's no one playing at BU today...
        Ooof...

Sorry about that!

and not saying I'd expect there to be any more in Hamden on a Tuesday night, just frustrated at the lack of support.

Comment

Well, maybe a few more. I really don't see more than, say, 50 fans?

Comment

It's a Tuesday night to be fair. Our weekend games have improved the last couple years to having a few hundred (I know, that's sad too).

In unrelated news Daryl Watts is proof of intelligent design omg
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

And that's a wrap...4-2 BU over the Q...

Comment

4-2 BC final. Watts 1-3--4.

BC's been up 4-1 in every game this year. 5 on 5 it's been no contest. They really, really need to clean up that penalty kill, though. Of the 6 goals we've given up this year, 5 have been on the power play. Only one EV goal through 3 games against non-bottom feeder teams is pretty solid.

Whatever. PK can be practiced. They're looking good and getting the wins. I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  It's a Tuesday night to be fair. Our weekend games have improved the last couple years to having a few hundred (I know, that's sad too).

In unrelated news Daryl Watts is proof of intelligent design omg
                  Women's hockey, we get the $h!+ days and times.

QU put a legit 900+ in the stands for a rare 7:30 Saturday non-league game last weekend.

ECAC mandates 6 pm Friday and 3:00 pm Saturday start times for league games. How stupid is that in terms of encouraging attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockytop View Post
                    Women's hockey, we get the $h!+ days and times.

QU put a legit 900+ in the stands for a rare 7:30 Saturday non-league game last weekend.

ECAC mandates 6 pm Friday and 3:00 pm Saturday start times for league games. How stupid is that in terms of encouraging attendance?
                    6pm Friday is terrible, but I actually don't mind the "weekend afternoon" niche BC has found.

BC is 16% on the PP and only 75% on the penalty kill and still controlled every game this year. You have to feel like those numbers are both going to improve a ton.

God, I'm just happy I got to watch a game, we haven't had a game in like two weeks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockytop View Post
                      Very stupid. When did they decide to do that? Didn't they play at 7pm and 4pm before this change? Saturday at 3pm is fine but Friday at 6pm makes no sense at all. There's nothing to be gained by playing at 6pm compared to 7pm. Also, whenever I see games on Friday afternoons at 4pm I wonder what geniuses thought that time would be good for anyone. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                        That's hilarious!!! You could come away with the impression they probably lost.

That is some intrepid reporting you did there
                        China won 7-1. Game was close for two periods, 1-0 China after one and 3-1 after two. SHU just had nothing left in the tank for the third period.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Very stupid. When did they decide to do that? Didn't they play at 7pm and 4pm before this change? Saturday at 3pm is fine but Friday at 6pm makes no sense at all. There's nothing to be gained by playing at 6pm compared to 7pm. Also, whenever I see games on Friday afternoons at 4pm I wonder what geniuses thought that time would be good for anyone. It's ridiculous.
                          They changed from 7 and 4 to 6 and 3 for the 2016-2017 season. Not 100% sure on the reasoning. I think it had more to do with moving Saturday to an earlier time either to allow for earlier arrival back to campus for the road teams or more time between afternoon and evening games in the same facility, then the Friday slot was backed up an hour to ensure a proper rest interval, as I understand it.

I agree that the Saturday time is fine, particularly after the holidays, but the Friday start time is terrible from an attendance perspective.
                          Last edited by Rockytop; 10-18-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockytop View Post
                            They changed for 7 and 4 to 6 and 3 for the 2016-2017 season. Not 100% sure on the reasoning. I think it had more to do with moving Saturday to an earlier time either to allow for earlier arrival back to campus for the road teams or more time between afternoon and evening games in the same facility, then the Friday slot was backed up an hour to ensure a proper rest interval, as I understand it.

I agree that the Saturday time is fine, particularly after the holidays, but the Friday start time is terrible from an attendance perspective.
                            Terrible for certain. Prime time to start any hockey game on a Friday night is 7pm. To take yourself out of that slot is to treat your sport in a lesser way than it deserves. Shame on all that voted to do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Terrible for certain. Prime time to start any hockey game on a Friday night is 7pm. To take yourself out of that slot is to treat your sport in a lesser way than it deserves. Shame on all that voted to do this.
                              I believe all the coaches did.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I believe all the coaches did.
                                I figured as much but didn't want to assume in case it wasn't their decision. Not too bright on their part. Women's hockey doesn't get a ton of fans at games in general so to make it harder for potential fans to get to a game after work on a Friday seems pretty stupid. Even the majority of D3 games are scheduled for 7pm on Friday nights (men's & women's). That extra hour makes a big difference to someone driving into town for a game but it really has no serious impact on the players and coaches. Boo to the ECAC coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X