Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 345

Thread: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    I'd dare any coach to go to Syracuse and try to recruit with the rinky dink facilities they have there. I have been there to watch Clarkson. It is embarassing when you compare the Tennity Ice Rink to any other Div I rink.
    As for Paul Flanagan, he was the head coach at SLU prior to taking the Syracuse job. His record in 20 seasons, never had a losing season, 18 years of 20 or more wins, one year with 31 wins, SEVEN NC$$ Tournament appearances, FIVE Frozen Fours and one National Runnerup. No one can the get top recruits you need to win until the facilities are significantly upgraded.
    I know all about Paul and his success at SLU. That's what Syracuse hired him (giving him top dollar) to do at Syracuse too but he hasn't cone close to matching his previous success and now he's in his 10th year. That's a long time to wait for some success in the worst D1 conference in the country. So you're saying it's completely because of the substandard rink. Ok.

  2. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,202

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    I know all about Paul and his success at SLU. That's what Syracuse hired him (giving him top dollar) to do at Syracuse too but he hasn't cone close to matching his previous success and now he's in his 10th year. That's a long time to wait for some success in the worst D1 conference in the country. So you're saying it's completely because of the substandard rink. Ok.
    I guess that was a sarcastic OK . Well yes that is what I am saying.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    I guess that was a sarcastic OK . Well yes that is what I am saying.
    You guessed correctly sir. Most females choose their college hockey opportunity because of the school, their potential major, any out of pocket cost, the hockey coach/coaching staff, and the feeling they get from the current players when they visit campus. The rink/facilities are typically their last priority in their decision-making process. Also as long as their locker-room is nice enough then that's their top concern in terms of the rink. You don't have to have marble floors in the lobby to have a successful women's hockey program. Nice try though.
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-05-2017 at 05:20 PM.

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,202

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    You guessed correctly sir. Most females choose their college hockey opportunity because of the school, their potential major, any out of pocket cost, the hockey coach/coaching staff, and the feeling they get from the current players when they visit campus. The rink/facilities are typically their last priority in their decision-making process. Also as long as their locker-room is nice enough then that's their top concern in terms of the rink. You don't have to have marble floors in the lobby to have a successful women's hockey program. Nice try though.
    So we agree to disagree. I'm movin on.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Isolated in the mid west
    Posts
    37

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    I know all about Paul and his success at SLU. That's what Syracuse hired him (giving him top dollar) to do at Syracuse too but he hasn't cone close to matching his previous success and now he's in his 10th year. That's a long time to wait for some success in the worst D1 conference in the country. So you're saying it's completely because of the substandard rink. Ok.
    I believe he is just riding it out until retirement. Many of his recruit's recently are not strong and coming from the same few teams. Seem's lazy.

  6. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    So we agree to disagree. I'm movin on.
    Agreed!



    I'm right and you're wrong.

    If Syracuse had a men's team you know they would put them in a nice and possibly new facility with all the bells and whistles, which would actually benefit the women's program at the same time, assuming both teams would share the new digs together. That would be awesome, but will they ever have a men's program?
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-06-2017 at 04:42 PM.

  7. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    I believe he is just riding it out until retirement. Many of his recruit's recently are not strong and coming from the same few teams. Seem's lazy.
    And there ya have it, vicb.....someone else is seeing the same thing I'm seeing. dd17, your post seems very plausible but what a shame if it's the truth.
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-06-2017 at 04:43 PM.

  8. #268
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,805

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    In a Monday night game, Bemidji State leads Minnesota-Duluth 3-2 after two.

  9. #269
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,805

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Bemidji State 3, Minnesota Duluth 2, final, in the US Hockey Hall of Fame Women's Classic. Game was played in Cambridge, MN, with proceeds going to a fund set up for Matt Olson, an area native who was paralyzed in a Junior Hockey game last year.

    http://www.uscho.com/2017/10/11/bemi...ssic-on-nov-6/

  10. #270
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,190

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    That's a long time to wait for some success in the worst D1 conference in the country.
    I think that is one of the hurdles to recruiting a roster that can compete nationally. "Hey come play in the CHA, where everyone says we're the worst league in the country!" Even Mercyhurst's recruiting is declining after the CHA got an auto bid, when one would have expected the opposite. For the kids who want to play in NY state, there are options. Clarkson -- recent success speaks for itself. Cornell has established itself as a contender in most years. Colgate has risen dramatically since Fargo started getting his own recruiting classes into the program. St. Lawrence hasn't had the recent success of some others, but it is kind of a throwback program that believes in making the four years a fun experience for the players. If I'm a kid who wants to go to school in NY and play hockey, I'm going to look at those ECAC schools before I'm going to consider the CHA too seriously. It's like trying to recruit to St. Cloud. You find yourself competing with Mankato and Bemidji for the players who are left after Minnesota, Wisconsin, and UMD have taken the ones that they want. It's a tough game if the players on the other bench are always better than yours.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,202

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    .......

    If Syracuse had a men's team you know they would put them in a nice and possibly new facility with all the bells and whistles, which would actually benefit the women's program at the same time, assuming both teams would share the new digs together. That would be awesome, but will they ever have a men's program?
    Now that we agree on!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    I believe he is just riding it out until retirement. Many of his recruit's recently are not strong and coming from the same few teams. Seem's lazy.
    Also very plausible. What comes first his retirement forced or his retirement on his terms?
    Last edited by vicb; 11-07-2017 at 04:30 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Now that we agree on!!!

    👍

    Also very plausible. What comes first his retirement forced or his retirement on his terms?
    Great question!

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    723

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Wisconsin up 1-0 at Cornell after one period.

    Despite penalties and PKs, Wisconsin very much in control. Two other opportunities just missed; it could just as easily be 3-0. Oh, well...

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,853

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    And Minnesota's up 1-0 after one at Mercyhurst. Goal by Nicole Schammel on the power play.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  15. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    #4 Colgate takes down UNH 7-1

  16. #276
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,669

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Vermont just took down #3 Clarkson 3-2 -- wowwwwww on that one.

    Cats looked great in the last 5 minutes of the game. Giguere's line was out there pretty much constantly.

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Vermont just took down #3 Clarkson 3-2 -- wowwwwww on that one.

    Cats looked great in the last 5 minutes of the game. Giguere's line was out there pretty much constantly.
    The Vermont goalie deserves a lot of praise for her performance. She was the difference.

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,383

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Halfway through the second period, Wisconsin is up 3-0 on Cornell. Minnesota still ahead 1-0; shots are 10-2 for the Gophers.

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,202

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Vermont just took down #3 Clarkson 3-2 -- wowwwwww on that one.

    Cats looked great in the last 5 minutes of the game. Giguere's line was out there pretty much constantly.
    I only saw the last 8 min of the game. Clarkson did not score on 2 pp in that time and Vermont did. Vermont did an excellent job of blocking shots in those 2 pp's.

    The Guguere-Pezjlova-Gabel line is Clarkson scoring line and Pezjlova got the 2 Clarkson scores on the PP earlier in the game

    Clarkson did outshoot Vermont 37-17 but all that counts is the goals and congrats to Vermont on the win..
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    723

    Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Wisconsin up 1-0 at Cornell after one period.

    Despite penalties and PKs, Wisconsin very much in control. Two other opportunities just missed; it could just as easily be 3-0. Oh, well...
    Wisconsin 3-1 after two.

    Cornell did a much better job of generating offensive chances in the 2nd period, and one finally got home late.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 16 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 14 guests)

  1. Arafel,
  2. mattj711

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •