Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 D1 Women's Hockey Scores

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    The problem for UMD is that they are so far behind the top teams already, that their path has pretty much narrowed to having to win the WCHA tournament to make the post season. With 9 games left against Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colgate, and OSU they pretty much have to sweep those to climb back into the mix.
    I don't think it's as dire as that. In 2006, Minnesota hosted a quarterfinal with 10 losses. It's a little harder to get in these days with the CHA having an autobid (and Grant will remind you of the St. Anselm threat), but six losses are nowhere near "must win" territory.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      I don't think it's as dire as that. In 2006, Minnesota hosted a quarterfinal with 10 losses. It's a little harder to get in these days with the CHA having an autobid (and Grant will remind you of the St. Anselm threat), but six losses are nowhere near "must win" territory.
      Climbing the hill, UMD posts a 3-2 road win over Bemidji. Outshoot 45-22 by Bemidji however...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Climbing the hill, UMD posts a 3-2 road win over Bemidji. Outshoot 45-22 by Bemidji however...
        Yeah I'm feeling a whole lot less good about BC's sweep over UMD at this point
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Crimson(!) 3 PU 2 FINAL

Comment

Penn State and Robert Morris, tied at 3-3, are in overtime.

With 4 minutes to go in the 2nd period Clarkson is up 3-0 over Cornell.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

If current scores hold, Union would sit atop the ECAC. Harvard would be tied, but the Crimson have played an extra game.

Comment

QU 2 - HU 1 final

Comment

BC beats BU 4-3, but got outshot 46-18. We're in serious trouble.

Comment

Order restored in the North Country

Clarkson 6 Cornell 0
                    St. Lawrence 3 Colgate 1

both finals.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wisconsin beats Minnesota 3-2 in a game where no one looked especially good. Both goalies let in at least one soft goal. Minnesota's defense continued to lose track of opponents at key moments. Wisconsin skated well, but couldn't generate any quality chances except when their opponents made a grotesque error. The officiating was bad, though it was bad in a way that helped Minnesota, so I wasn't all that upset. And whoever was in charge of declaring TV timeouts was the most incompetent person in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                        Wisconsin beats Minnesota 3-2 in a game where no one looked especially good. Both goalies let in at least one soft goal. Minnesota's defense continued to lose track of opponents at key moments. Wisconsin skated well, but couldn't generate any quality chances except when their opponents made a grotesque error. The officiating was bad, though it was bad in a way that helped Minnesota, so I wasn't all that upset. And whoever was in charge of declaring TV timeouts was the most incompetent person in the building.
                        Wisconsin's second goal was a pretty nice pass and shot, and the first goal was a heck of a shot. The third one ... well, the first two were nice. Officiating helped UM at times, but Campbell displaced the net three times in one period, the final one was beyond blatant and denied a scoring chance, and she got away with all of them. Everyone not wearing stripes seemed to know that the third one should have earned two, but not those four. And I doubt that there is a linesman in the country who likes to wave off icing more than Perez. He waved one off late that was key when Brown and the Badger chasing the puck were a zone behind it just because the puck hit snow along the rail and slowed down. Jason Zucker wasn't getting to the puck in time, but apparently Perez thought someone should.

Comment

Wisconsin's second goal was a pretty nice pass and shot, and the first goal was a heck of a shot.
                          They were both nice shots, especially the first, a backhand to the top corner. Still, Shaver was all alone with the puck behind the net and even after she walked it out, there wasn't a defenseman within five feet of her. On the second, Patti Marshall (who was the best Minnesota defenseman of the game despite this) went to cover the wing that Emily Brown already had, leaving Wellhausen all alone without even contesting the passing lane; I thought the ensuing pass through empty space was fairly routine. On the third, aside from being a soft goal by Peters, the Gophers blew an easy chance to clear the puck and were then running around trying to recover.

Comment

Union . . . atop the ECAC.
                            Wow! How did we miss that one?! Annus mirabilis.

Comment

I think Watts is actually going to win the Kaz

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                I think Watts is actually going to win the Kaz
                                Having watched some of the defenses in Hockey East, she has a great shot at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X